[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Red Ensign: Canada's new Hate Symbol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/canada-day-halifax-indigenous-ceremony-proud-boys-1.4189020
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/this-is-a-british-colony-group-disrupts-mi-kmaq-ceremony-in-halifax-1.3487246

Indigenous Rights activists are trying to portray Canada's former flag as a symbol of intolerance after scuffle in Halifax on Canada Day.
>>
>>76800086
Why did Canada have a red field and Aus/NZ have blue ones. Is it an East/West thing?
>>
Not surprised given the condition of Canada at the moment.
>>
>>76800086
hate white canadians
love first nationers

simple as
>>
>Indigenous Rights activists

The reason why they've been in the news lately (especially since the Parliament Hill Canada Day protest) has been because most Canadians are sick of their debasement of the country. Most might have some pity or motive for reconciliation, but not to cede into every extremist demand that an outlier group of disenfranchised activists make.
>>
>>76800960
keep simple as in /brit/ before I burst your pathetic bollocks
>>
>>76800979
When will you give the Inuits their land back? Personally I'd be pretty pissed if someone just moved into my home and invited Asians and Africans into it
>>
It doesn't say anything about indigenous activists trying to portray the red ensign as a hate symbol.
It only briefly mentions the flag in the second article.
>>
>>76801019
phwoar the nads could use a good busting

*presents bollocks*
>>
>>76801151
*goes to caress them but instead disintegrates your fucking jaw with a brutal uppercut*
>>
>>76801191
*it was a hologram*
>>
File: Inuit_map.jpg (45KB, 750x585px) Image search: [Google]
Inuit_map.jpg
45KB, 750x585px
>>76801033
The Inuits have their land, though, largely. And there's barely any resource extractive industry up there (though its becoming more and more viable).

It's the natives/aboriginals/first nations which used to live on the southern lands in Canada.

Apart from the global warming concerns and generalized animosity rising from a sentiment of feeling 'colonized' and under the jurisdiction of a foreign sovereignty, there isn't as much vitriol in the Inuit community as there is in the First Nations one.
>>
File: nunavut.jpg (328KB, 2000x1697px) Image search: [Google]
nunavut.jpg
328KB, 2000x1697px
>>76801033
>>
>>76800086
Dr. Spin, M.D., did you even read the articles?

A handful of arseholes trying to make an insensitive, but non-violent counter-protest carrying a flag doesn't make that flag a generalized symbol of racial hatred.

>>76801033
"White" Canada has some things to atone for, but relinquishing land is off the table. Ask the Gaels how they feel about easy access to Chinese takeout.
>>
>>76800086
this is only the beginning, Canucks. Hope you enjoy the ride, because it's never going to end now that it's begun :^)
t. Southerner
>>
>>76800086
It's a beautiful flag and why it doesn't necessarily represent mordern Canada it did represent it as a great dominion. It would be a shame to have it considered a ""hate symbol"".
>>
>>76801593
>but relinquishing land is off the table.
What about some uninhabited land?
What do you mean about the Gaels?
>>
>>76801764
Well, "We" (including the French and English branches of my family who essentially conquered the Ojibwa and Algonquin sides) took over. We conquered it. It's now Canada.

There are First Nations territories all over what would otherwise be "Crown Land", and, I'm sure given proper negotiation and the right signatures and purchases, they could expand further into uninhabited/farm land. They're encouraged to integrate into the Country as is, but given the history of sinister tactics involved in "integrating" the First Nations, hesitation, scepticism, and resistance are perfectly natural responses.

As for the "Gaels", basically I just picked some of the first inhabitants of Ireland. This kind of thing has happened throughout history, across the globe, over and over again. Tribes invading tribes, nations conquering nations to form empires, religions stomping out other religions. As it stands, the original wave of inhabitants of Ireland and Great Britain are a minority on their own land, and they certainly have Asian and African countrymen.
>>
File: noice.jpg (12KB, 200x269px) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
12KB, 200x269px
>le slippery slope
have fun in your dytopia cunts
>>
>>76802375
We'll probably just wind up fishing in huts on the ice, drinking heavily, occasionally getting up to play a round of hockey.

You're welcome to come over anytime, Finland!
>>
>>76802474
See you there! Madness is already taking root here too.
>>
File: DSC_0132.jpg (647KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0132.jpg
647KB, 1080x1920px
>>76800086
How do we "fix" the native problem?
>>
>>76804093
I bet most people think you're just flying the provincial flag.
>>
File: IMG_2579.gif (5KB, 420x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2579.gif
5KB, 420x221px
Just adopt this flag.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.