[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1280px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (7KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
7KB, 1280x853px
Hello Vietnamese anons, or other who know shit about Vietnam.

I'm planning on going to Ho Chi Minh/Saigon city in a few days. What is some shit that I can do while I'm there that isn't just the normal tourist stuff. How do I get my hands on commie propaganda, or just do some of the stuff that isn't well known about Vietnam?
>>
File: mexicotiermeme.png (7KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mexicotiermeme.png
7KB, 300x300px
ask it in /sino/ or /asean/
you can find vietnamese there
>>
>>76727578
very thank
>>
>>76727162
You should go to the mountainous areas or islands, try hiking or something, if you enjoy nature. Or maybe you could go to the Southwest, people has floating markets there, foods are great (in my opinion). If you just stay in Sài Gòn, beware of the traffic, the scammers, the environment is not good also, but there're loads of fun. You may also meet some kids who want to practice English with you.

You should learn a bit of Vietnamese, just some basic words, people like it and they will treat you better.
>>
>>76728025
What are floating markets?
>>
>>76728334
Markets on the rivers. Most SEA countries have it.
>>
>>76728025
Thanks man, I will be staying mostly in Sài Gòn as I have business there, but I have a few days for some day trips so I may well go to some mountainous areas.
As for Sài Gòn itself, are there any areas of political interest that aren't related to the communist party, or stuff like bookshops or out-of-the-way places that tourists aren't really aware of?

I'll be happy to help kids with practicing English should the opportunity arise.
Also, do you have any good online resources for learning Vietnamese?
Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>76728388
Because of the single party system, people don't care much of politics, so I don't think you could find any place like that. There're bookstores all over the cities, and there're many (I believe) libraries.

For learning Vietnamese, there're not much resources, the best is only basic stuffs like Duolingo and Memrise.
>>
>>76728388
xDDDD I want to find people who care about non-commie politics

Don't listen to the SRV shills on 4chan. They just recently kicked out one of their own citizens for "dissent" freedom of speech doesn't exist in Vietnam
>>
>>76728600
I didn't realise there were any SRV shills on 4chan
>>
>>76728600
True, our freedom of speech is bad. But you can freely talking about the government with your friends and other. Just don't make a group or gather people. On youtube/facebook, you can easily see people hating on communism.
>>
>>76728771
I mean yeah, its not exactly communism more than it is authoritarian as far as I understand, since there is plenty of overseas manufacturing there.
>>
File: 14831477549321483147754915.jpg (394KB, 2248x1500px) Image search: [Google]
14831477549321483147754915.jpg
394KB, 2248x1500px
>>76727162
Try the War Remnants Museum
or this spot (pic related): 164 Nguyễn Du (the intersection in front of Notre-Dame Cathedral) is where they often hang commemorative pictures and text, if you go near the end of August then it's commie jackpot.
A few steps away from that place is Saigon Street Books, it's pretty touristy but I think you can find propaganda books there.
>>
Communist terrorists who killed peaceful and innocent french people
>>
File: Image.png (729KB, 1471x351px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
729KB, 1471x351px
>>76729404
Also, check out this small cafe overlooking the CBD: cafe bờ kè, Cây Bàng, Thủ Thiêm, Quận 2, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam (type in google maps)
North of that cafe is a series of billboards. Ironically the propaganda side is facing the other way so nobody sees them while the side facing CBD is for advertisement.
>>
>>76728771
>True, our freedom of speech is bad. But you can freely talking about the government with your friends and other. Just don't make a group or gather people. On youtube/facebook, you can easily see people hating on communism.
Is there voting and democracy in Vietnam?
>>
>>76729838
Voting, yes.
Democracy, no.
>>
>>76729404
>>76729687
Dude, thanks heaps! Will definitely check out the war museum and Saigon Street Books.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.