[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can scandinavians live comfortably without knowing English?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image125.jpg (53KB, 880x588px) Image search: [Google]
image125.jpg
53KB, 880x588px
Can scandinavians live comfortably without knowing English?
>>
yes. there's no reason at all to speak it.
>>
Scandis are the master race and shouldn't learn lesser people's languages
>>
It's not really needed. None of my grandparents speak it and they've been doing fine.
>>
Why would anyone need English outside of international business/travelling?
>>
>>76689573

Books and such, mainly.
>>
No. Nobody translates video games and television shows in their useless language so they must learn English to not die of boredom.
>>
English of average Scandinavian is so overrated
>>
>>76689280
I believe about 100% of Finns don't even think in any other language than Finnish ever.

English language is just a skillset, like winter driving or online banking.
>>
>>76690078
I wish I was Finnish
>>
File: 6fe.jpg (92KB, 400x407px) Image search: [Google]
6fe.jpg
92KB, 400x407px
>>76690077
>meet that guy in an hotel bar in Riga
>speak a bit with him, he speaks fucking perfect english
>wanted to ask him where in England he lives
>he is actually from Norway

Have not met many Scandis, but at least for him the meme was true.
>>
>>76690078
What about Swedish?
>>
>>76690889
What about who? People who unnecessarily live in the past?
>>
>>76691134
Hypocrite. You language was banned and was supposed to go extinct a long time ago. You're the one that's living in the past.
>>
>>76689280
Yes, but you will be regarded as a simpleton.
>>
>>76691198
A fucking what now? I don't see you learn Chinese anytime soon, am I? Or maybe the "future language" will be esperanto? Or fucking klingon?

T.Diffag
>>
>>76691198
>You language was banned and was supposed to go extinct a long time ago

And so it didn't. You on the other hand lost about half of your real estate and got your remnants (including your language) nearly pushed to the Gulf of Bothnia.

We let that 5% stay because we are not total monsters.
>>
>>76689280
I've heard swedes speak english to each other when I was visiting so I'd presume it'd be hard if you were a young adult.

Also, people who spoke english with a scandi accent got shamed by the others.
>>
>>76691985

Complete lie.
>>
>>76691985
>I've heard swedes speak english to each other when I was visiting
you mistook swedish for english. swedish is just a retarded dialect of english after all
>>
Sometimes I feel like Spanish should become the lingua franca instead of English. Spaniards are nicer than Britons in general. The future world languages will be Chinese, Spanish and English.

>>76693726
It's the other way around buddy.
>>
>>76693809
>The future world languages will be Chinese, Spanish and English.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1330013867512.png (14KB, 385x358px) Image search: [Google]
1330013867512.png
14KB, 385x358px
>>76693809
>>76691618
chinese isnt a language
>>
>>76690310
Norwegians are some of the biggest Anglophiles around m8, shouldn't be a surprise.
>>
File: 4303956.jpg (80KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
4303956.jpg
80KB, 400x287px
>>76693809
>Spaniards are nicer than Britons in general.
Trust me, Spain is one of the most bitter nations in the planet.
>>
>>76693851
Elaborate.

>>76693910
I was obviously alluding on Mandarin.
>>
>>76689280
yes, why wouldn't we?
>>
>>76689280
English? Yes. Arabic? No.
>>
Can you survive in Finland without Swedish?
>>
Can you survive in France without knowing Arabic?
>>
>>76695904
>>76695989
haha epic xd
>>
>>76691985
>Also, people who spoke english with a scandi accent got shamed by the others.
Lie, everyone here speaks with scandi accent. You can't get rid of it

Stop spreading lies
>>
>>76695950
we have a law here which gives the bättrefolk right to kill you if you speak anything else but swedish to them so no. bit archaic but its in the consitution :)
>>
>>76695950
There are small coastal regions here and there where locals kinda refuse to talk Finnish. That's like 0,0003% of total population. They Do speak Finnish if needed ofc. Even people in Åland like to speak more and better Finnish than those pseudo swede coast hurrs.
>>
>>76691985
mate nobody is shamed by anybody. maybe on /int/. billions of people speak english as a second language. nobody really cares about accents at this point except when it is literally unintelligible. it could be pajeet or chink fresh off the boat or it could a native brit who speaks cockney or some shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.