[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do these two not become one state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 640px-Carolinas.svg.png (65KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
640px-Carolinas.svg.png
65KB, 640x396px
Why do these two not become one state?
>>
I didn't allow this
>>
Better question would be, why is there states in the US? it's not like they have a distinct culture or live differently. It may have been true a long time ago but now everybody travel to other states and rare are those who stay in one state their entire life. Now they are just useless divisions that you could group together to make big states like Alaska or Texas
>>
>>76651887
because together they were too large to manage
>>
Because the original Carolina charter charter divided the Carolina territory into 3 districts. Albemarle, Clarendon, Craven. After Cary's rebellion in 1708-1711 the Carolina government made reforms: Among them turning Albemarle into North Carolina and Craven into South Carolina.

t.taking history of NC at my uni right now.
>>
>>76653037
But are the divisions so great that they couldn't come together again after three hundred years?
>>
>>76651887
>complain about 90% of the US being a wasteland without any history
>then question the 10% that actually has history and thus has meaning behind state borders
You're as retarded as your average Burger asking "lol why is Northern Ireland a thing" "lol why are Belgium and the Netherlands different states if they're so small"
>>
>>76653101
Good work putting words in my mouth
>>
>>76653037
what happened to Claredon
>>
>>76653157
My prof hasn't said yet but I imagine it either all went to NC or was divided between the two.
>>76653069
Yes, actually. The economy of NC is much poorer because of a lack of deep water ports, meanwhile SC is rich off muh plantation economy and muh shipping.
>>
>>76653390
*was much poorer, I should clarify. It has been the case in past few decades.
>>
>>76652459
Eh, I would support regions becoming one state, but your average Mississipian wouldn't be too happy about their laws being controlled by California or New York. We could merge regions (i.e. The South, The Mid West etc) but there really isn't a reason to do that.
>>
>>76651887
They're actually extremely different. North Carolina is historically one of the most progressive Southern states, it used to he referred to by Southern libtards as "a vale of humility between two mountains of conceit" (Virginia and South Carolina). South Carolina is pretty much the final boss of ultraconservative good ol' boy Southern Confederabooism. They also have different accents and food. They don't really share much besides a handegg team and some universities, I think.
>>
>>76652459
because that isn't even close to true half the time. In the half the time it is true, though, I think you're right, we should be uniting them into new states which might actually have some relevance. Half of the US are just made-up Amerisquares that have absolutely no self identity besides college sports rivalries with other made-up Amerisquares. But I guess we had to divide all that land up somehow after we bought it from you.
>>
>>76653554
Not only that but NC didn't have a wealthy plantation aristocracy like South Carolina and Virginia did. For most of it's history it was poor and backwater. The name "tar heels" comes from the Civil War when Virginian soldiers would insult North Carolinians for being poor and having tree sap on their bare feet.

>>76651887
The East coast of the USA up until Texas is pretty diverse historically. Remember Europeans have been coming here since the 1500s. It's when you get into the West and Middle America where you start to lack centuries of deep history.
>>
>>76653157
it's secret
>>
>>76652459
>implying american politics are cordial enough for a completely new constitution
>>
>>76653157
it sank
>>
File: 1498384192609.jpg (258KB, 968x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498384192609.jpg
258KB, 968x1024px
Most of those posting under the US flag on /int/, are self-hating whites and millennial progressives of the following type:

https://youtu.be/mwtfAHyVZSo

They desire the transformation of the United States into a non-white country, and are actively leading the charge to turn it more diverse and multicultural, while marginalizing the white males and reducing their social and economic power. Many of them are members of Antifa, and all of them fully support the protests taking place on college campuses, where they receive their liberal arts degrees.

These urban progressives wish to destroy the South/Midwest and subjugate it culturally and politically, as they regard it as the bastion of policies counter to progressive values. They want it to be dominated by the votes of California, Oregon, New York and Massachusetts.

They have succeeded in politically dominating New Mexico, Virginia and Colorado through immigration.
>>
>>76652459
it's just easier to keep people happy and keep the budget balanced if there are subdivisions that can change things to suit their own needs. vermont's main industry is nature tourism so they've made buildings over 30 stories illegal; if that applied to new york there'd be a problem
>>
>>76660599
That's kind of interesting actually, I hadn't thought of it that way before.
>>
>>76651887
It would reduce the number of Republican senators by two, this would obviously cause a lot of anger
>>
>>76660639
Welcome to States' rights
>>
>>76660599
That is a very big oversimplification of it that makes it sound like these are municipal councils and not governments in charge of in most cases millions of people.
>>
I love the Carolinas.

Beautiful mountains in the west, beautiful beaches in the east.
>>
>>76653157
The Jews took it away
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.