[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britbong moving to live in Illinois, USA next month, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: B'stard.png (779KB, 926x854px) Image search: [Google]
B'stard.png
779KB, 926x854px
Britbong moving to live in Illinois, USA next month, what am I in for?
>>
>>76626575
>Illinois
>what am I in for?

High taxes and gunshot wounds
>>
>>76626816
Are you from Illinois?
>>
depends where in illinois.
I'm guessing not chi town
>>
>>76627960
Springfield.
>>
Depression
>>
>>76628012
Springfield is pretty comfy and far enough from Chicago to have a relatively low crime rate
>>
Illinois is shit.
Chicago is literally where the stereotypical "be le american get shot" happens.

Stay out of parts of Indiana and Missouri also if you value your shit and life.

Iowa and Kentucky are nice though
>>
>>76626575
Taxes and bureaucracy
>>
>>76628082
That's a relief then
>>
>>76628012

say hi to homer for me xD
>>
Springfield is OK.
It's has some ghetto areas but it's not horrible.
It's actually not huge and doesn't have tons to do, if you're used to living in a major city it will different for you to adjust to a suburban lifestyle. Expect a lot of driving. There's a lot of bars if you're the kind of person who goes to "pubs".

Illinois' governor is a Trumpiteer who is about to not pass a budget for the 3rd year in a row, causing our state's credit rating to downgrade to "junk status" which no state has ever had before. Republicans lower quality of life despite the underage kids acting rightwing as a fashion statement on this site.

Champaign-Urbana is the only decent city in IL. Chicago is shit, Peoria is shit, Bloomington is shit, Decatur is shit, Joliet is shit.
t born and raised in Bloomington-Normal
>>
>>76628203
>Chicago is literally where the stereotypical "be le american get shot" happens.
pretty much this, Chicago is a meme city
>>
Corruption and a good mix of urban and rural, fairly UK tier weather as well, middle of the Midwest
>>
>>76629028
>>76628203
Is Chicago really that bad?

Just don't go to the south is it that hard?
>>
>>76629946
>Is Chicago really that bad?
they call it Chiraq for a reason
>>
>>76628622
>Republicans lower quality of life despite the underage kids acting rightwing as a fashion statement on this site
In other news, Detroit hasn't had a Republican mayor for 54 years.
>>
>>76629978
do blacks go to the white parts?????
>>
File: chief-keef-650-430-a.jpg (42KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
chief-keef-650-430-a.jpg
42KB, 636x421px
>>76629978
there is even a youtube channel about it kek
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChiraqWar/videos
shoutout to my nigga sosa
>>
>>76630024
The guy you're talking to is an IL state employee and as you know, state employees are 95% Democrat.
>>
Strange, I haven't heard of a single race riot happening since January 20. It almost seems as if once the primary instigator of the race riots left the...naw, must just be coincidence.
>>
>>76630033
North Chicago is nice just don't go south.
>>
>>76629946
People that say it's the south side is just a meme and it probably happened because Chief Keef is from there. The west side is just as bad. Really the only really safe area is the north and northeast, and downtown. But just because you go to a bad area doesn't mean anything is gonna happen to you (if you stay in your car).
>>
>>76631370
People that say it's JUST the south side**
>>
You can expect me to take you out to brunch
>>
>>76631370
>LOL just don't get out of your car and you won't be shot.
>>
>>76631437
If you're not familiar with the hood then it's a bad idea to be out there on foot. I'm white and am comfortable there and it shows to the people living there and they can tell. If you're nervous and look like you made the wrong turn then it's a bad look.

I have this theory that black people are actually more worried about white people that look completely comfortable in the hood. Like you're a crazy white boy or something.
>>
>>76631370
>(if you stay in your car).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtgjQd9FdI
>>
Don't go to the south side of Chicago if you are white
>>
>>76631867
There are a few decent neighborhoods in the south side, there is not a single decent one in the west side and 2 of the top 3 murder neighborhoods are the west side.
>>
>>76631580
Well yea, stuff like that is a possibility, but a very low possibility. Stop watching dj akademiks he is a fuckin clown dickriding Chicago.
>>
Cor blimey lads movin to the us sounds like a laugh and a half
>>
One more thing OP. Personally, in my experience, Hispanic hoods are way worse. I never once had a problem in black hoods, in fact I have gotten random friendliness sometimes. I have gotten "checked" by Hispanic gangbangers countless times and threatened to be killed in the street just for walking minding my business in their vicinity, and sometimes even in front of my house while they're driving by.

If black people fuck with you, it's for opportunity(money/expensive items), hispanic gangbangers will want to murder you just for existing near them.

https://youtu.be/lkePkr3F1ks
https://youtu.be/cIdDfxUgePI
The second video is in the northwest side btw(first one in west side, one of the most notorious hoods in Chicago), which is why people that say "AVOID LE SOUTH" is a fuckin meme. North and towards downtown are mostly fine.

Funny thing is that over the last year there have been quite a few shootings near Millenium Park, and a bunch on the highway in the early morning. Gangsters travel.
>>
>>76626575
>moving from britain to america

looks like you fell for the america being good meme, enjoy getting shot and being miserable
>>
>>76632918
Christ I love how we turned a nice country into a shithole in just a few decades. I can't even imagine what's to come in the 20s and 30s.
>>
>>76632918

The greatest country on Earth
>>
>>76628012
Springfield is a small city surrounded by nothing but farmlnd and scattered suburbs

Pretty boring but far from Chicago so mostly white people and a few odd hispanics

Illinois has high taxes though and is otherwise terrible

t. Chicago suburbs
>>
>>76633086
It was far worse in the 90s
>>
>>76634302
Crime wise yeah but now we're much more brown and it'll only get worse.
>>
>>76634474
I personally haven't noticed a change. I've been around every race my whole life.
>>
Britbong who lives in the US here. Been here 7 years now. Ask me anything.
>>
>>76632978

I moved to the states 7 years ago and tbqh the standard of living is much higher in most regards.

>>76626575

Of all the states, Illinois is probably the shittiest, so not the best choice of location OP.
>>
>>76634777
Hows the banter?
>>
>>76635064

Fair, though depends on the environment.
>>
>>76626575
Boredom, high taxes, corruption in every facet of government. Besides Chicago Illinois has no right to exist.
>>
>>76635064
I've never been to the UK but I would think you guys would enjoy our dive bars
>>
>>76635114
>depends on the environment.
Definitely true. I think Americans are a lot more serious and not as friendly as people think. The slightest sense of ribbing can be taken as disrespect if you don't "know them like that". Basically, you have to earn the right to banter.
>>
>>76635367

Exactly. If you go in to a business meeting with new people, banter will generally not be expected. Go meet up with your trucker/mechanic/working class friends or acquaintances and the banter will be solid.
>>
Suburban Chicago ( especially north of the city) and down town are world class. South of the city there are issues. The history of Chicago explains most of the issues and why they are concentrated in certain areas. Taxes in Cook county ( Chicago proper) are out of control. Don't know much about Springfield.
>>
Cheers for the info guys, doesn't sound like you're too different from our lot
>>
File: 1496963010474.gif (190KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496963010474.gif
190KB, 300x300px
>>76637158
You'll be able to bag mad pussy with that accent bongbro, good luck man.
>>
>>76627343
No, he's probably some flyover retard that has been spamming "le CHIRAQ" memes for the past 8 years. Nothing will happen to you.
>>
>>76629946
No, it's not. We pretend like its shit so a bunch of faggots don't move here and make everything really expensive like Seattle or Portland.
>>
>>76630033
If you actually care about this then you should just kill yourself.

>>76630024
>who is the governor of michigan
>hurr durr mayor of detroit has control over US trade policy
>>
File: chicago.jpg (108KB, 633x845px) Image search: [Google]
chicago.jpg
108KB, 633x845px
>>76629978
Chicago had turn into crime infested hell hole after 85 years of Democratic Control.
>>
File: 1498737009775.jpg (15KB, 497x296px) Image search: [Google]
1498737009775.jpg
15KB, 497x296px
>>76630482
>
>>
>>76635161
spot on. dive bars are the closest thing to drinking pubs imo
>>
>>76637456 see >>76637462
>>
>>76627343
he is an idiot, so it doesn't matter where he is from. his opinion should be discarded
>>
>>76628243
he is another retard
crime rate in chicago depends on the area
north side and especially northern suburbs are very safe
>>
>>76629946
they are baiting you
chicago is super safe and full of rich people
just like you said just stay away from certain areas on the south side
>>
>>76630033
no they don't
most crime in chicago is black on black crime
the most notorious projects used to be next to multi million dollar mansions in the gold coast
but there was zero interaction between these two worlds
this is not unique to chicago
>>
>>76630118
>flag
>armchair expert on chicago
>typical /int/
>>
>>76632790
no, it doesn't
but listening to the opinions of random autists on /int/ does
>>
>>76630033
You're white, don't worry. Unless you join a gang or something idiotic like that, you'll be fine. The vast majority of the crime in Chicago is gang violence and even in the worst part of Chicago the most that'll happen to you is a mugging or a robbery.
>>
>>76630024
And Michigan is Republican.
>>
The thing about Chicago and most major American cities is there are ghetto shitholes that are dangerous but it's not like there's anything there to see or do so you're not gonna go to the South or West side of Chicago for the fuck of it.

I walked around with 2.5K in camera gear, drunk as fuck around downtown and the North side without anyone looking at off or looking threatening.
>>
>>76637780
There's top tier schools that are RIGHT beside the worst schools in the entire area/county/state. In Detroit there's an invisible line that people from either side would NEVER dare (especially the poor) to cross. It's more like an invisible wall at that point so if someone were to enact a chain fence it would be redundant and may even egg people on to hop it. The best walls are one in a person's head
>>
>>76632918
This. Mexicans are terrible people and ruin everything.
>>
>>76639101
I'm only speaking about the gang bangers. Average Mexicans are cool.
>>
>>76626575
Even more Poles than at your hometown. Did you think you can escape us, silly Bonglet?
Mwahahahaa
>>
>>76638985
well said. it is hard to explain this to people who have never been to the us.
>>
>>76639101
you are just shitposting to trigger mexican posters. mexicans are ok.
>>
>>76628337
Every state has a Springfield.... Homer is from Springfield, Oregon
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.