[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why there are no sidewalks in most American cities and towns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

Why there are no sidewalks in most American cities and towns /int/?

I have been living here for almost 6 months already and I can't understand that...
>>
>>76624927
If you walk in America you are considered mentally ill, a hobo or both.
>>
>>76624927
>most
Wrong!
>>
Having a car is essential here. Almost the entire country was designed around it.
>>
But that pic has a sidewalk.
>>
>>76624972
This
So try not to do it it will increase the already high chances of you getting shot
>>
>>76624927
Because we drive everywhere you retard
>>
>>76624972
what
but i love walking
>>
sidewalks are considered a luxury for upper class hippies who take a jog every morning before their 500k a year office reclining job
>>
>this confuses the American
>>
>>76624927
If you walk, you don't use a car, and oil. In a decreasing demand of oil, the US wouldn't have an excuse to invade other countries for their oil, and showcase their power as a nation. Walking don't give money either.
So, get up on that giant pick up truck and make the tru american dream come true.
>>
>>76625242

t. mentally ill hobo
>>
>>76625218
Yeah I can see that, but it makes no sense to me. You see, in Europe if we want to go to someones house that is, say 3 blocks away, we walk. We also have excellent public transportation system, and bike lanes everywhere.
>>
>>76624927
I like to walk and find this annoying as fuck. It's fine in the east coast cities though, most of them you can walk anywhere.
>>
>>76625311
It doesn't. My whole city (suburbs too) have sidewalks
>>
>>76624927
Do you live in a rural area OP?
>>
>>76625597
Not OP, but here in OKC sidewalks are not so common. And I can tell you that at least Texas and Florida are in the same situation: if you don't have a car you are fucked
>>
File: 20170527_121530.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_121530.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
At least you have paved roads
>>
>>76625530
You mean pavement?
>>
>>76625530
Where do you live?
>>
It's much more rare for roads to not have sidewalks
>>
We have sidewalks in the midwest. Unless you are in the outer suburbs of course.
>>
>>76624927
you fucking communist
>>
I grew up with only dirt roads
>>
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>76624927
It really depends on where you live. If you live in some newly built sun belt shithole or in the burbs, then of course there probably won't be sidewalks. But in almost every single urban neighborhood built pre-1950, there will be sidewalks.
>>
In most places here, many of the places you need to go are not gonna be in walking distance. If you walk 20 miles a day, you're gonna have to do some serious planning to make sure you get places on time.
>>
>>76630816
What kind of excuse is this?

JUST BUILD FUCKING SIDEWALKS YOU STUPID AMERIFATS!
>>
>>76624927
>Why there are no sidewalks in most American cities and towns /int/?
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
File: america.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
> Americans will defend this
>>
File: nosidewalks.jpg (449KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nosidewalks.jpg
449KB, 1600x1200px
This is the standard American suburb, note anything /int/?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.