[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Krauts, I need your help. So at my job I'm to meet and discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: default.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Krauts, I need your help. So at my job I'm to meet and discuss technical subject matter with a team of German workers in a few days. They speak semi-passable English with (severe) Bavarian accents and I'm worse at German. They are regular-ass workers that operate equipment.

Anyways, talking to them over the phone, I realized the industry terms and jargon I use and they use are mutually incomprehensible, even if we try to simply describe in simple terms, it's prone to miscommunication and it's painful as fuck.
Nobody is going to hire some wizard translator either, so that's out of the question.

Any ideas on how I should approach this besides grunting streams of nouns in pure scientific terms (which seems to translate better) and nodding and pointing?

I know this is a dumb place to ask, but whatever.

Pic only remotely related.
>>
>>76588387
great, in a few days an airplane is going to fall over Europe
>>
>>76588387
Where are you from, originally?

I can tell you that German native speakers have problems with heavy Bavarian accent as well.
>>
print images / google specific translations you'll need before the meeting
>>
>>76588526
American.

>>76588614
I tried google translate and it's not very helpful for technical terms, it transliterates, just like speaking in basic terms. A tank for fuel on a truck, for example, is a wildly different term for a tank used for fuel that's on the ground, or in the ground, or used for engine of the vehicle, but saying' 'a tank for fuel' gets you nowhere. Unless you are pointing.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.