[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP ME PICK A LANGUAGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1482967044511.jpg (77KB, 1192x856px) Image search: [Google]
1482967044511.jpg
77KB, 1192x856px
I want to start by saying that 1) this is going to be a very casual thing and 2) I understand how big of a commitment this is.

That being said, I want to learn a language. I have narrowed my choice down to three and I've placed them on a difficulty/sound/usefulness scale.

Swedish- I only speak English so this one is very low on the difficulty scale, and it sounds great. Not very useful for me in the States though.

Russian- this is higher up on the difficulty scale (how hard I don't know, if you are learning this fill me in). However, it sounds better than Swedish IMO and is/will be very useful due to it being spread all over the world by the USSR and its large number of speakers.

Farsi (more specifically Dari, the Afghan dialect of it)- I don't know too much about Dari, but from what I know its difficulty is somewhere in between the first two. My paternal side of the family speaks it, and having a native speaker to converse with greatly lowers the difficulty. Sounds awesome IMO, probably about as good as Swedish. It kinda useful, in that I can converse with my family as well as be mutually intelligible with Iranians and Tajiks, but not very.

Simplified:

Swedish: + simplicity, + sound, - usefulness

Russian: - simplicity, + sound, + usefulness

Dari: +/- simplicity, + sound, +/- usefulness

I know sound is personal preference, but the purpose of this thread is so I can get some input in the difficulty and usefulness departments. Once again, this is going to be very a casual thing for me and something I do on the side. I feel like Swedish is best for a more casual learner like me, but I really want more opinions than just mine.

Thanks.
>>
Russian is caveman speak
>>
you cannot casually learn a language

now fuck off back to your containment board brainlet
>>
>>76569830
Swedish isnt very useful so unless you are very interested in the culture I suggest you don't.

Russian useful and has good literature and related languages. This is a good choice.

Dari your afghan I presume so I suggest you learn your parental tongue and realise those are your people.
>>
literally just go for what interests you most

I have taken german classes in high school for 4 years and in secondary school for 2 years, and I don't know much besides 'ja' and 'guten tag' or something

Been learning spanish for a year now and right now I could say I'm at B2 level, because I enjoy it (yeah it's simpler than german but than again german isn't so hard)
>>
>>76569913
jajajajajajajaja
>>
>>76569856
This seems biased but I'll listen to your opinion, go on
>>76569875
You literally can, it'll just take much longer
>>76569889
I'm like 40% Afghan, the thing holding me back is all the Arabic loanwords (they literally use that sandnigger script)
>>76569913
This was me in elementary school, I took spanish for six years and learned nothing, then took French for three and could have basic conversations with people. It hasn't stuck with me (didn't enjoy it too much) but the skill of and drive for learning another tongue did stick, which is why I'm so eager to do this albeit casually
>>
File: Carolus.jpg (61KB, 539x630px) Image search: [Google]
Carolus.jpg
61KB, 539x630px
One more thing, I hate Sweden and I hate Swedes but I love their history, music and language, military history in particular
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.