[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen to us in a Nuclear War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: SA.jpg (70KB, 487x675px) Image search: [Google]
SA.jpg
70KB, 487x675px
Would the Nuclear Winter just kill us?

In the case that we survive, what can we do?
>>
>>76565576
>just kill us
one can only hope
>>
>>76565576
Nuclear winter is a meme.
>>
In the event of nuclear war, the aliens all die and earth takes its place as the place that you just do not fuck with.
>>
>>76565576
if that happen the south cone is safe :/
>>
If a nuclear war actually broke out, the world would be left unable to sustain life anymore. This is why a nuclear war is a retarded concept, it won't happen because it would be the most meaningless thing imaginable.
>>
>>76565576
>In the case that we survive, what can we do?
what we're exactly doing right now but with less imports
>>
>>76566564
Mutant Yerba Mate plants evolve to produce 10 times more due to nuclear rain.
What a time to be alive!
>>
>>76566806
that's not how mutation works
look, we're importing japanese cars via Chile far more cheaper that we don't even know if they're from Fukushima or not
it's a literal "who cares" for us whatever cataclism happens. perks of being irrelevant for the rest of the planet
you can imagine the separatist and/or international wars to happen but that's mostly it, everything that happens will remain here in our South-West quadrant
>>
>>76565768
this
we are all pretty much safe
>>76566483
brainlet
>>
>>76565576
Embrace Maoism-Third Worldism. Fuck the parasitic First World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8ReOuiTGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7FpwAa-Ls
>>
File: ncr_r.jpg (557KB, 1531x1071px) Image search: [Google]
ncr_r.jpg
557KB, 1531x1071px
>>76565576
Even if that happens - you know what to do.
>>
>>76570263
Yes.
>>
I just want to see Russia completely annihilated by radiation.

I will drink a nice caipirinha and laugh at the face of puny Russians who deserved to die.
>>
build fall out vaults, and pipboys
>>
File: SHOC_Vodka_World_Model.png (381KB, 449x559px) Image search: [Google]
SHOC_Vodka_World_Model.png
381KB, 449x559px
>>76570263
Lets stock those bbs
>>
File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
>>76565576
man I can't wait to race through the ghost towns with muh derby cars when that happens
>>
>>76566483
come on, if you were a suicidal neet and your father would appoint you a president of a nucular banana republic, and you wanted to die to end your suffering, would you not do IT???
and who knows, maybe every banana republic has nukes. we might not know that.
>>
After some certain time Id surely look for women with 3 boobs, or 2 dicks or both due the radiation aftermath
>>
>>76571214
and bundas! what size would be BUNDAS
no need for surgeries anymore.
>>
>>76570214
Fuck off commie.
>>
>>76570263
Patrolling the Mojave
>>
>>76571244
the good life
>>
>>76565768
How is that a meme? Ejecting a shit ton of smoke into the atmosphere would fuck up the climate
>>
>>76572298
>Ejecting a shit ton of smoke into the atmosphere would fuck up the climate
only locally, then it would dissipate
>>
>>76565576
1) Nothing, as always.
2) No, it won't.
2) Gee I don't know, keep surviving by our own means perhaps?

>>76570263
JINGLE-JANGLE
>>
>>76572469
Pretty much every major city in the world, with all the plastics, fuels, whatever else, would burn and release smoke and other pollutants into the atmosphere. And if the bombs exploded low enough, you can add a ton of dust particles getting sucked up as well. You would also have forests and grasslands burning outside the cities as collateral.

The large majority of the nuclear tests that have been performed have been conducted in deserts, tundras, small islands, etc. where there isn't really any thing to burn. I would also imagine they try to do airbursts in those tests to prevent dust getting into the atmosphere and forming fallout.

When you add it all up, it seems unlikely that that much smog could just dissipate
>>
>>76572628
>Pretty much every major city in the world
good thing there's none here
>it seems unlikely that that much smog could just dissipate
it would
on the other hand i'd be more worried about acid rain. that will last for a decade or two, and might affect northern South America
>>
File: juicio_diseminacion_total.gif (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
juicio_diseminacion_total.gif
1MB, 800x600px
>>76565576
You'll be okish
>>
>>76572723
>it would

What makes you so sure of that? I would hope that you'd be right, but all of the scientific literature I've read suggests that nuclear winter, or at least some cooling, is definitely a possibility, even with smaller conflicts.
>>
>>76572882
I will just move to the patagonia
>>
>>76572882
Time to move to Antartica.
>>
>A global average surface cooling of –7 °C to –8 °C persists for years, and after a decade the cooling is still –4 °C (Fig. 2). Considering that the global average cooling at the depth of the last ice age 18,000 yr ago was about –5 °C, this would be a climate change unprecedented in speed and amplitude in the history of the human race. The temperature changes are largest over land … Cooling of more than –20 °C occurs over large areas of North America and of more than –30 °C over much of Eurasia, including all agricultural regions.
>In addition, they found that this cooling caused a weakening of the global hydrological cycle, reducing global precipitation by about 45%. As for the 50 Tg case involving one third of current nuclear arsenals, they said that the simulation "produced climate responses very similar to those for the 150 Tg case, but with about half the amplitude," but that "the time scale of response is about the same." They did not discuss the implications for agriculture in depth, but noted that a 1986 study which assumed no food production for a year projected that "most of the people on the planet would run out of food and starve to death by then" and commented that their own results show that, "This period of no food production needs to be extended by many years, making the impacts of nuclear winter even worse than previously thought."
>>
>"Multi-decadal global cooling and unprecedented ozone loss following a regional nuclear conflict" in the journal Earth's Future.[141] The authors used computational models developed by NCAR to simulate the climatic effects of a regional nuclear war in which 100 "small" (15 kt) weapons are detonated over cities. They concluded, in part, that
global ozone losses of 20-50% over populated areas, levels unprecedented in human history, would accompany the coldest average surface temperatures in the last 1000 years. We calculate summer enhancements in UV indices of 30-80% over Mid-Latitudes, suggesting widespread damage to human health, agriculture, and terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Killing frosts would reduce growing seasons by 10-40 days per year for 5 years. Surface temperatures would be reduced for more than 25 years, due to thermal inertia and albedo effects in the ocean and expanded sea ice. The combined cooling and enhanced UV would put significant pressures on global food supplies and could trigger a global nuclear famine.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.