[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a New Worlder, I have to say, I sometimes feel bad for all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

As a New Worlder, I have to say, I sometimes feel bad for all of you Old World folk. You guys often talk about your long, textured histories as something to be proud of - and in many ways they are - but they also seem to bind you and keep you in a state of agitation for no real reason.

Whenever I visit forums like this or elsewhere where lots of Europeans visit, I can't help but be confused as to why you guys make your history such a core part of your identity. You make memes about it, you argue about it, you get worked up into fits of rage about it - and it's all do to with stuff like "well I'm descendant of this group of people who settled here 1200 years ago, therefore I will take beef with my neighbour 50 miles away who is for all intents and purposes part of my culture yet is descended from this OTHER group of people instead."

Don't you ever get tired of all the byzantine web of cultures, languages, territories, histories, traditions, and conflicts? How can you feel spiritually free while holding so tightly to things you had no control over? Now, none of this is to say that history or tradition are inherently bad - they teach us a lot, and act as guides for the future - but wanting to shape the world today in it's arbitrary image just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>76553032
China had their cultural revolution to rid their county of what you speak.
>>
Sounds like you took seriously a bunch of insults we throw at each other.
I think it's not that you are a new worlder it's that you don't have neighbours to hate on. When you do you will latch onto any stereotype or story against them.
The more time goes on the more stories you have, in 500 years Mexico will probably still be bitching about Donald Trump.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.