[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>China goes from turbo-backwards to 19th century industrial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

>China goes from turbo-backwards to 19th century industrial in less than 2 decades
>Transitioning towards modern service based/tech economy 1-2 decades afterwards
>Now gearing into full modern economy with modern cities and infrastructure
>Planning and building next-generation green/environmental cities and megaprojects

The chinese are by and large very nationalistic and motivated by an idea of China returning to being the centre of the world again. This is combined with a very capable top-down management/ego-projects.

Is china honestly one of history's greatest success stories? they are doing a full korea-level of development for a billion people, and still managing +7% growth rates for 30 years.
>>
>>76522776
Human resources will dry up just like they did in the western world.

And its 7% growth rate is total BS. Wait and see how it goes to shit fast.
>>
>>76523006
yeah but human resources will turn into western-level automation/skill-based economy, which doesn't need a big labourforce.

7% growth rate is actually a conservative estimate btw, it might be faster according to some economic statisticians imo.
>>
>>76522776
chinese are subhumans
>>
>>76522776

>tf
>tp
>>
>>76523631
>it might be faster according to some economic statisticians imo

Chinese numbers are about as trustworthy as Soviet ones were.
>>
>>76523633
they are greek
>>76523670
canadians are a worldly people generally aware and familiar with most cultures around the world.

we're not turbo-isolated finns nor are we exposed to only one type of foreign culture like sweden imo. living in toronto is pretty much becoming a citizen of the world imo.
>>
>>76522776
Based. This will leave Americans in the dust. Can't wait.
>>
>>76523631
They'll just outsource labour to Africa and the same way the west did for China. The real question is, what happens if/when most African nations transition? I'm guessing heavy automation.
>>
>>76523778
they arent
they are horrible people
>>
Asshurt >american posts incoming..
>>
>>76523726
Soviet data wasn't open to outside gathering/inquiry and wouldn't be able to be verified or correlated to things like export value/electricity consumption or cost/etc. because they didn't exist in a command economy.
>>
File: 11Fx5Y.png (3MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
11Fx5Y.png
3MB, 1920x1280px
They are the future and "democracy" is the past. The china model is the best for global development and it will be exported under one belt one road this sharing prosperity the world over.
>>
>>76522776
Our generations Tienanmen protests are due in a couple years, if the economy does enter a recession at the same time then there's an opportunity for a political crisis - seeing as how not a single person in the country believes that the government has any integrity or credibility as a communist organization beyond the name and has survived this long by it's miraculous economic gains

a smart government (only interested in self perpetuation) would do the same thing it did last time and then blame the protests on western controlled provocateurs until the recession blows over
>>
>>76524051
Are you talking about china or america?
>>
>>76524048
Xi's silk road sadly relies on the -stans being countries that anybody can remember the names of, and because of that flaw, is doomed to fail
>>
>>76524120
It relies on them taking their masters dick which they are very adept at.
>>
>>76524103
spicy
America allows public dissent and the illusion of choice in leadership so we can't (and don't need to) run college students over with tanks
>>
>>76524048
Yeah I'm thinking some sort of lite-autocratic nationalism combined with democratic government at state-levels is not really a bad thing.

we have full parliamentary nonsense where trudeau/harper/other governments has done very little despite controlling the government due to how fearful they are that the opposition parties will just use arguments like "wasteful spending" because its effects aren't immediately visible.

our infrastructure also isn't very modern because areas that are immediately affected can just be outvoted in a parliamentary vote.
>>
>>76522776
Meanwhile their air pollution levels are down 30% since 2011.
Not good, but not nearly as bad as in the past.
>>
>>76524120
Hmmmm no it does not.

>>76524208
China just had massive protests in Shanghai and Nanjing. The commie government didn't run them over, and then announced they were bowing to the protestors' demands.

China isn't so simple.
>>
>>76522776

Would you live in China? No, bacause it's still a shithole.

Next thread.
>>
>>76525948
Do you mean the small protests in Shanghai on Nanjing road?
>>
I'm glad China Is coming up, good for them
>>
>>76522776

Yes, but it was enabled by developed economies opening up to made in china exports.
>>
>>76528817
>would you live in Hangzhou
95% of people would say yes.
>Yanaan
95% would say no.

>>76533148
??? There were 60'000 people protesting. The biggest in a decade.

Nanjing had anti-nuclear protests in April that shut down a nuclear repository.
>>
>>76522776
>Is china honestly one of history's greatest success stories? they are doing a full korea-level of development for a billion people, and still managing +7% growth rates for 30 years.

China is still technically a developing country and growth rate in developing countries always outweigh those of developed. Chinas economy in in midst of a transformation, in the next few years, China will shift from an economic structure based on low cost exports to an economic model based on service and private consumption, this shift will include lower economic growth.

There are also a lot of different events happening soon in China that will change the face of the country, mainly being that divergent forces within the ruling party will seek to use the diminished financial prospects to replace President Jinping after the economic shift. That Chinas communist party will hold its 19th national congress, which is a revaluation of the ruling administration that can quite easily shake up and possibly entirely replace the leadership bodies atop of the Communist party. And an expected 5 of the 7 members of the Politburo Standing Committee must retire. The Politburo Commitee is the highest decision making body in China and its decisions have the de facto force of law. Should Jinping fail to replace those seats with allys and friends, his leadership is under threat.
>>
>>76533338
China grew rapidly 1977-2001.

Trade helped, but a distinct lack of Maoism helps more.
>>
>>76533991
China only started booming in the 90s when they entered the WTO.
>>
>>76533987
No one doubts that he will be just fine. He already has elevated numerous allies and has broad support in the party.

It's like questioning Obama 2012. Yeah, there's always a possibility of him losing, but any real analyst knows he will win convincingly.

Also, China already has made that transition. Exports are only 10% of GDP in 2016 compared to 32% in 2007.
>>
>>76534025
Wrong.

China hit 10%+ growth multiple times in the 70's and 80's. The average 1970-1989 was 11%.
1990-2000 was 7%.
2001-2011 was 12%.
2012-present has been 7% again.
>>
chink century is going to be interesting and fun specially when they satrt pushign their diccs into pretentious faggies like yuros, or usa or even russia
>>
>>76534062
https://3000quads.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/china-growth.gif
>>
>>76522776
No matter the development, China will always be Hell on Earth. No ethics, no values, no imagination, soulless automatons, a husk of a culture grinded to dust by greed.

Fear the day where the world will be ruled by China. Pragmatism, ho!
>>
Their bubble economy will burst sooner or later. Remember Japan in late 80's? That is China's inevitable future.
>>
>>76534077
i hope they take over eastern russia. fuck them.
>>
>>76522776
>and motivated by an idea of China returning to being the centre of the world again
You can't return to something you never were in the first place.
>>
>>76523818
>>76522776
Fuck off, Zhong.
>>
>>76534033
>No one doubts that he will be just fine. He already has elevated numerous allies and has broad support in the party.
The wealth generation by Chinas economic reforms suggest the power of balance is waning because the Politburo Commitee is all excursively richer cities and municipalities. Poorer cities are now generating more and more wealth and their tax is vital to Beijing, meaning, the Politburo Committee will soon see a larger shift from an all rich city group that are pro-rich, to a larger amount of large provinces being involved. Jinping will have a smaller group of allies in the PC, and thus have a smaller pool of allies to fill the spots in the PSC. It's not to say he will for sure lose, but when he's charge of an all rich commitee that placed a monopoly on poorer places joining, he's going to have a hard time convincing said poorer places to side with him.

>It's like questioning Obama 2012. Yeah, there's always a possibility of him losing, but any real analyst knows he will win convincingly.

You mean sorta like Hillary?

>Also, China already has made that transition. Exports are only 10% of GDP in 2016 compared to 32% in 2007.

They havent finished it, yet. The reforms was only placed forward March this year after the December 16 economic work conference. The lower export of GDP probably isn't coincidental, but it's not part of this years reform. It takes more than a few months to entirely transform an economy, especially one like Chinas.
>>
>>76523889
>Soviet data wasn't open to outside gathering/inquiry and wouldn't be able to be verified or correlated to things like export value/electricity consumption or cost/etc. because they didn't exist in a command economy.

A command economy is exactly what China is.
>>
Way, way too many chinks on /int/
>>
>>76523844
Africa is 100% going to be the next manufacturing hub of the world, much like Asia of the past 40 or so years. The Chinese are building tons of infrastructure in several African nations. The only real hurdle is the massive political instability of most African nations, which might get their shit together if real money and jobs and infrastructure are the reward. Another minor issue is the massive cultural difference between many Africans and China. The Chinese way of doing things often conflicts with broader African custom or attitude, particularly with regard to work, where it matters. Many Africans are distrustful or resentful of Chinese people, who often don't even attempt to assimilate into the community. It's a theoretically easy problem to remedy, but I don't see it happening quickly. Interesting times ahead.
>>
>>76534692
>Africa is 100% going to be the next manufacturing hub of the world, much like Asia of the past 40 or so years.
This is a troll, right?
>>
the entire developing world is fucked because of automation
>>
>>76534719
You have to realise that there's been an entire class of BRICs cheerleaders for decades, in China's case arguably for centuries in some ways. They spend all day pumping up these basket cases and making insane predictions based solely on specious reasoning and by the time the predictions haven't panned out no one remembers they were making them
>>
>>76534775
Of course back in the 50s, they also said the Soviet Union would overtake us because our lazy baseball/Marilyn Monroe-watching asses couldn't compete with the disciplined communist superman. There was a Life Magazine cover shortly after the launch of Sputnik which showed a stern-looking Russian schoolboy studying a textbook next to an American teenager falling asleep in class.
>>
>>76522776
>chinese ultranationalist CCPbots living in western countries fellating their shithole of origin while enjoying every single perk associated with living in a modern western country

damn.... never seen this before.... made me think
>>
>>76522776
>Chinknada

ahahahahahha
>>
>>76522776

Based China to be honest. American big cities look like shit compared to their cities.
>>
>>76534841
There's always a certain group of stupid people who never grasp the structural and social weaknesses inherent in authoritarian governments. China is a pig-disgusting Third World dictatorship and is not overtaking the West any time soon.

Anyone with the faintest bit of common sense will tell you that anti-Western, anti-capitalist ideologies will not lead a nation to strength and prosperity.
>>
>>76534953
they are cool but really overwhelming
you think new york is a meatgrinder? hong kong was cool but I just couldn't handle it for more than a week. and im from moscow
>>
>>76534841
Yes it used to be a thing with well-respected politicians here to take Russian classes because they thought it was going to be the language of the future. But these systems can never cope with political stresses, they have to distract and keep doubling down on their promises to hold it all together. It's a very fragile thing which is what makes predictions and extrapolations from the present day foolish.
>>
>>76534692
Actually the trend is that industry is flocking back to developed countries because of automation and lower costs of everything but human slaves.
But ok jamal WE IZ GONNA BE for sure
>>
>>76535176
>Actually the trend is that industry is flocking back to developed countries because of automation and lower costs of everything but human slaves.
where???
>>
>>76535317
My gf works for some international german liberal (as in clasical economically liberal so calm down fatty) organization and they make yearly reports, I read it there and also in an article of le monde diplomatique
Seems to be a new prediction/trend among economist
>>
>>76534841
A lot of politicians, military guys, and academics in that era were saying we were too materialistic and we needed more nuclear energy, aerospace projects, and things like that and less Oldsmobile convertibles and trips to the beach. Hyman Rickover said the American school system was weak and that we should abolish summer break and emulate the Swiss educational system. These Ivory Tower types were obviously pretty far removed and out of touch with Middle America, in essence they were saying we'd beat the Russians by becoming the Russians or something.
>>
/int/ has an uncomfortable amount of chink diaspora.
>>
>>76534775
>in China's case arguably for centuries in some ways
I mean, Napoleon said back in his day that China was a sleeping giant. This was a couple decades before the Century of National Humiliation.
>>
If I were Chinese, I'd be reading these insecure, butthurt posts here with a shit eating grin on my face. The salt is unreal.

>inb4 t. chink
>>
>>76536804
>If I were Chinese, I'd be reading these insecure, butthurt posts

What exactly are we being insecure and butthurt about? I mean, I'm not the guy who lives in a dictatorship that harvests political prisoners' organs.
>>
I just hope China doesn't fall victim to the west's cultural decadence like we did.
>>
>>76536909
Don't make him post the coal lobby shilling citizenship test and materials.
>>
>>76535374
Then why hasn't that happened for decades since China wasn't the first "chiba" so to speak?
>>
>>76534692
>Many Africans are distrustful or resentful of Chinese people, who often don't even attempt to assimilate into the community

It's not like anyone from out of the continent "assimilates" either
>>
>>76522776

if they are doing so good why the fuck are they moving in NA and Australian cities in droves and driving up the real estate prices up the moon??
>>
>this post
>a leaf
Hmm, yes
>>
>>76536909
Everyone knows that chinkville is the only one with the potential to usurp Western (white) dominance in the world, it's not like India has a shot anytime soon.
>>
File: 1480700924297.jpg (7KB, 154x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480700924297.jpg
7KB, 154x225px
Chinese people are just better than everyone else
>>
>>76536804
If I were a chink there'd be a non-zero chance I'd be eating literal shit given the quality of some of their "food" sources
>>
>>76534692
>Africa
>Succeeding
HUE HUE HUE HUE
>>
I hope they do become top kek

for the sakes of stomping out the eternal anglo

I'd rather talk mandarin than english anyways.
>>
>>76522776

To be honest i rather China be more isolationist. Progress in terms of GDP growth is illusory. Modernity is full of unknown dangers.
>>
>>76536954
That's ok, they already destroyed their own culture in the 1960s-70s.
>>
>>76537140
This and im not agreeing with you because i am chinese
>>
>>76522776
>modern cities
>next-generation green/environmental cities and megaprojects
The thing on your picture looks bad. High-rises are not good for society and nature. People who live on high floors experience psycological problems, it was proven by many research. High rises also don't look good. Too amny people on cramped space means problems with traffic, crime rates, lack of privacy, etc, etc. I don't deny China's economical boom but this kind of housing is just far worse that detached or 2-3 floor. It's a choice of poor and corrupt countries.
>>
>>76538045
Meme.
>>
>>76522776
>post praising China
>that flag
hmmmmmm
>>
>>76522776
> turbo-backwards
wrong
>>
>>76538123
Truth. Commies destroyed all the beautiful traditional architecture and replaced it with soulless gray cinder blocks. All the knowledge of how to do that stuff is lost which is why they now make embarrassing imitations of European cities. The traditional religions (Buddhism, etc) were also destroyed which left behind a nation of completely amoral people who will stab anyone in the back to get ahead, while it used to be believed you'd get bad karma or whatever from doing X or Y.
>>
>>76538256
>a nation of completely amoral people who will stab anyone in the back to get ahead
Aren't those things seen as virtues in capitalist countries? You should be proud for them.
>>
>>76538342
>Aren't those things seen as virtues in capitalist countries?

Nah, that's just because Russians learned how to do capitalism from Soviet propaganda. ;)

It's not us, it's you.
>>
File: IMG_20170622_215250.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_215250.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
>when a yankee starts talking about culture
>>
>>76538391
>>76538256
Actually fwiw China got this way in the first place because they copied the Soviet model down to the letter in the 50s, including building ugly gray commieblocks and having a network of labor camps for political prisoners.
>>
>>76538508
And it makes the fall of SU so much sadder considering how well China is doing now.
>>
>>76522776
you sound like typical euphoric or greedy chinks in mainland who have hurried to only develop shit leaving anything else alone. kim has done the same way under the project name/slogan of 速度戦 as well.

such people tend to forget anything secure and stable, any cultural/traditional norm
>>
File: Chink.jpg (42KB, 346x366px) Image search: [Google]
Chink.jpg
42KB, 346x366px
>>76522776
>China is rising
>yes yes, I wirr finarry become the arpha mare
>>
>>76522776
1. Taking on many loans.
2. Getting money from both sides of the Cold War.
3. Tremendous population.
4. Docile people who don't rebel despite having very little of the economy.
5. Situated to easily trade with Japan, Korea, USA.

If we had that, we'd be powerful too.
>>
>>76538597
>considering how well China is doing now.
If you consider choking to death on air pollution and having your organs harvested for being a member of an unapproved religion doing well.
>>
>>76538696
>Docile people who don't rebel despite having very little of the economy

China on average has a civil war every 90 years that kills several million people. Give it time, it'll come around again.
>>
>>76538642
i know japan want china slow development so it stay poor forever.
>>
>>76534293
china is very different from japan
>>
File: 97ab765a6584486ed6343c543459e735.jpg (103KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
97ab765a6584486ed6343c543459e735.jpg
103KB, 800x1143px
>>76538914
Hello my friend from the land of tea, how popular is Chinese manga in China?
>>
>>76538939
>t.weaboo scum
japan is a typical asian country, and doesn't differ that much from china or some vietnam. if course it's a little bit more developed but the rest is exactky the same
>>
>>76539262
well china is at least x10000 times larger for example and not an island
>>
>>76538914
no i didnt mention you normie chinese especially those youths but those greedy fucks only thinking of making money off it. if anything im just telling you to not fall into such a "speedy development" way like ops stupid vision.
>>
>>76535317
http://www.economist.com/news/business/21714394-making-trainers-robots-and-3d-printers-adidass-high-tech-factory-brings-production-back
>>
>>76540139
I'm absolutely wracking my brain trying to recall the specifics but I read a very similar story to this as well. It's pretty cool and leaves a lot of things open-ended to be honest.
>>
>>76522776
You don't live in your country yet, gook scum. It shows how your country is shit.
>>
File: 1487911102105.gif (4MB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
1487911102105.gif
4MB, 400x373px
>>76523778
canadians are a worldly people generally aware and familiar with most cultures around the world
>>
http://tv.cctv.com/2017/06/27/VIDEFd2yRfFnSl6Id7FEIXBL170627.shtml

any chinks here? I need this translated ASAP
>>
the real question is why arent americans having more children to keep pace with the chinks
>>
so many triggered Angolcuk here lmao..Good for you China
>>
>>76538706
>>falun gong
>>religion

lol, you do know that their leader professes to have super powers, believes in alien conspiracies, and thinks mix raced people won't be accepted into heaven unless he directly intervenes on their behalf.

shits a money printing cult.
>>
File: chinamerchant.jpg (41KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
chinamerchant.jpg
41KB, 501x585px
>All of these Canadian flags praising China
>>
small yellow men bringing down the eternal anglo, good
>>
>>76538256
Sheesh Paris looks rundown
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.