[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do americans dress so warmly in the movies and tv series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: 03.jpg (93KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
93KB, 450x300px
Why do americans dress so warmly in the movies and tv series? Do they IRL too?
>>
>>
Always wondered about this.
Seem they dress for winter weather even in the middle of summer..
Can't possibly be real?
>everyone here is dressed in t-shirts and shorts during the summer
>>
File: nocountryforoldmen_3.jpg (153KB, 900x1355px) Image search: [Google]
nocountryforoldmen_3.jpg
153KB, 900x1355px
It's so hot in there
>>
Depends if go to the south and parts of the midwest its blue jeans all year round.
Places like the west coast and New England+Mid Atlantic wear yuppie shit year round.

I wear winter cloths year round because its fucking cold
>>
File: Безымянный.png (3MB, 1814x872px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
3MB, 1814x872px
empty streets...
>>
File: Безымянный.png (3MB, 1730x839px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
3MB, 1730x839px
This is denver but i like one comfy city and I forget its name.
>>
File: IMG_1446.jpg (94KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1446.jpg
94KB, 1024x759px
>>76505562
the goober on the left fucks this every night
>>
If you're in the mountains during the summer, you might need to wear a jacket when the sun goes down. In hot areas, people wear thin cotton long sleeve shirts, jeans, and straw hats when they work outside because a breeze hitting your sweat soaked clothing cools you down and you don't get burned. I'm guessing Seattle and northern parts of New Mexico, people might wear jackets. I wouldn't wear a jean jacket in Texas during the summer though. All of these films are shot in California so if it's snowing on set you're going to wear a coat even if it's 36C. Appropriate clothing is meaningless on film.
>>
>>76505799
>>76506321
What about winter?
>>
File: 1495624396839.gif (2MB, 282x319px) Image search: [Google]
1495624396839.gif
2MB, 282x319px
Movies ham up fashion to make the characters look cool
I wear tshirt and shorts year round even when it gets in the negatives, maybe a jacket if it gets too bad
>>
>>76506749
Winter isn't really an issue for the lower states. We simply turn off the air conditioning. The opposite also true for parts of the northern US during the summer. They can just open their windows. The last frozen precipitation my town had was four years ago and it was melted within a day.
>>
>>76506914
>tfw no snow
>>
>>76506977
It's great in the winter. Summers are horrible though. Last week I went outside when it was 90% humidity and 38C. I promptly went back inside and stood in front of an open freezer.
>>
Whenever I see a dude walking around in some southern state with a full suit on I get super confused.
>>
File: les_miz.jpg (921KB, 2514x1677px) Image search: [Google]
les_miz.jpg
921KB, 2514x1677px
>>76505562
Don't they dress like this?
>>
A lot of people here in Florida dress like slobs, I actually put on a shirt and jeans when I go out.
>>
Like many things in America, it depends on the location. Some places snow heavily in winter, and some have never seen it in their lifetimes.
>>
Americans are not white, their tolerance to cold weather is much worse
>>
>>76505918
So many fat people

wtf?!?
>>
>>76506050
She's 3/10 in Northern Europe
>>
>>76505607
That doesn't look that warm, regular shirt, light jacket and dress pants. Nice to have pockets and shit.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.