[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought about reading the Quran so I could see for myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: chrome_2017-06-25_02-30-19.png (90KB, 1440x759px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-06-25_02-30-19.png
90KB, 1440x759px
I thought about reading the Quran so I could see for myself if Islam really is a religion of peace that is just being corrupted by terrorist organizations.

The problem is that I am unsure of where to read one and I am afraid to actually order one since I reside in a country that hates Muslims.

Did I find a nice website called clearquran.com and it even has audio and video, but how accurate is this website in comparison to a printed copy of the book?
>>
If you just go to quran.com they have all the different translations same as in printed books and they have audio. You should also look for a "tafseer" or comentary by a scholar, because some verses refer to specific events.
>>
>>76467992
It's honestly boring and I'd be impressed if you got very far. Just a dumb ethnic cult very very thinly disguised as a religion
>>
>>76468094
But Bruce, all religions are dumb ethnic cults.
>>
>>76468061
But is clearquran.com actually accurate though?
>>
>>76468953
Looks like "modern English translation" by Itani, if you mean accurate to that copy then yes it looks accurate to me, and I've heard the Itani translation is decent. There is no one best translation of the Quran if that's what you mean by "accurate", scholars just do their best to translate it to English. I recommended quran.com simply because it has multiple translations to compare to. I think quranwow.com has even more (but the UI isn't as nice). For example in the picture you posted in the OP the title of the chapter "al-baqarah" is sometimes translated to "heifer" and other times to "cow". One translation isn't necessary better, just different scholars interpreted it differently.
>>
>>76467992
It's so old with so much translation that it doesn't even matter. You can twist any of it to some purpose.
>>
The Quran actually doesn't matter as much as everyone says. If you want to truly understand Islam you need to dig into the massive corpus of hadith literature which is a huge pain n the ass. While Muslims place great emphasis on the Quran it has very little content, it's not a very large book, the large majority of Islamic law and practices is derived from Hadith. The Quran is also devalued if you don't have the context of the verses spoken because of how much it relies on reference to other events and the way it says things about specific events without actually telling you what's happening. You just get little glimpses of information when the actual stories behind everything said are much larger, this is due to the Quran simply being snippet quotes Muhammad said that were considered from God, the Quran doesn't actually tell you anything happening when he said those things and rarely tells you who he told them to or why or when.
Shit's not worth it desu, it's just a theocracy and what you expect out of those is probably true. The translation is the least of the issues you'll have understanding it.
>>
>>76471946
Muslims often read the Quran daily, and all Muslims recite it during daily prayers. If something is written in the Quran any Hadith that contradicts it is thrown out. The Quran is the single most important piece of literature for Muslims.

>Hadith science is long and hard

Yes which is why most Muslims don't study intesnliy and focus on the Quran which gives the basics of the faith and then some, people who do study it are full time scholars who then release full time fatwas which Muslims can read and agree or disagree with based on if the logic is cogent.

>the Quran is short
Yeah more of a reason to read it, it takes a long weekend or two to finish. And just like any other major religion one should at least learn what it basically is about as what you believe is one of the most important things in life, and you should always be looking for truth in the world.
>>
>>76468137
Perhaps in the beginning, but religions transcend cultures and languages whereas Islam really doesn't.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.