[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corruption

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: o-LARRY-SUMMERS-facebook.jpg (311KB, 1536x1023px) Image search: [Google]
o-LARRY-SUMMERS-facebook.jpg
311KB, 1536x1023px
What is the most significant instance of governmental corruption in your country?

Hard-mode: No consequences of financial deregulation (Global economic crisis - 2008)
>>
Someone just stole billions from our tax authority and we haven't figured out who so now it's closing down
>>
>allocation of over 400 million US Dollars for obtaining 'crucial' medications required for the function of the Sudanese medical system at a basic level
>Mysteriously disappears
>The central bank has exhausted all foreign currency exchange reserves, national industry has been destroyed by excessive taxation and inadequate governmental support
>A medical crisis ensues and doctors and nurses protest
>Protesters arrested, local government agencies magically begin distributing much needed medical equipment
>34 companies apparently were fraudulently registered and obtained much of the money illegally
>Parliament as usual sets up an investigative committee
>1 company investigated and acquitted
I can tell you now as a registered medical professional that emergency drugs, required for resuscitation, are not available in all hospitals, let alone private ones, you will die because of administrative incompetence and corruption

>>76418442
>suddenly disappeared without a trace
Government collusion? What was the ensuing fallout on the financial system? Did the regulatory bodies or state prosecutors even put up a show?
>>
>>76418349
corruption? what is that?
>>
>>76418349
The most prominent would be the 1999 arms deal but just about every financial decision made by the government has something on the side.

It's funny because companies here have a "black economic empowerment" rating which is supposed to give them an advantage jockeying for government tenders, but higher rated ones regularly lose out for apparently no reason. It's so blatant.

>>76418632
Wow that's rough. It's not that bad here but I don't think that'll be the case for long unfortunately.
>>
>>76421839
Is there any hope for the removal of Zumas government, and what is the most (racially) well balanced and promising party?

When Zuma maliciously helped Al-Bashir get away I lost any faith I had for the integrity of his government
>>
>>76422130
I can't see the ANC losing power any time soon but I think he'll be impeached before the next election. Our current Deputy President, Cyril Ramaphosa, is pretty based though. He was Mandela's pick for a successor.
>>
>be Neo Keynesian Peronist national government
>enjoy lots of support after going through the commodities price boom and increasing taxes on said boom
>have friends and family owning a bunch of construction firms
>every once in a while organize bids to builds public stuff, from roads to dams to coal power plants that never get finished
>also own hotels
>CEOs of said construction companies always win every bid, even if they ask for more money than needed
>they then rent overpriced rooms on those hotels
>they don't even occupy them

>nationalize "aerolineas argentinas"
>used to be state owned 20 years ago, but was losing money so got privatized
>if you question the re-estatization of it you're labeled an antinationalist and "well of course every great country has to have a flagship airline why would you question that"
>it loses like 500 million dollars per week, similar scheme

>buy every radio and newspaper that talks shit on them
>intervene the national index and statistic institute to manipulate numbers and claim better metrics
>introduce gibs so if you don't have a job it doesn't matter, the government will give you money
>they also give you money for each kid, brown poor people that can't keep jobs having 10 kids to get more money
>do this to keep public opinion high enough to not get kicked out and be able to divert more public funds for a few more years

>other government funded areas start to have problems because of all that money being diverted
>teachers getting paid literally under the minimum wage in a few instances here and there, with public education getting shittier and shittier
>similar stuff with hospitals
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.