[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Partition of Illinois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

https://archive.is/JgSc3

Any problems?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (29KB, 626x601px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
29KB, 626x601px
>>76363906
>Wisconsin gonna get blacked
>>
>>76363906
are there no rivers oor mountains in your fucking country? Why is every single state a square?
>>
That western Indiana border looks like shit. Are there no rivers to follow? Or at least make it more blocky like in the West and not round...
>>
File: Nycolony.png (542KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
Nycolony.png
542KB, 1000x897px
>>76364285
>>76364331
us states are based off economics not geography
>>
>>76363906
This is retarded. America would never, ever do anything like that.
>>
>>76364285
It's due to a variety of factors, such as the order of state creation, the method of state creation, etc...

You can see in the east states have borders bound mostly by rivers (mountains don't come into play so much for state borders). Moving out west though, a lot of the states came from purchases/territories i.e. Louisiana Purchase, Gadsden Purchase, Arizona Territory, Oklahoma Territory... the sparser populations and tough land warranted big, long, mostly straight borders. A rough explanation for sure, a better source can do more justice than me.
>>
>>76364285
You can see the path the Mississippi River takes on that map
>>
File: Illinois the sad state.png (107KB, 660x900px) Image search: [Google]
Illinois the sad state.png
107KB, 660x900px
>>76363906
live in DuPage county, would go to Wisconsin
out of the 5 options, Wisconsin is best, so I'm fine with that. No offense to Iowa, you guys are 2nd best.
>>
>>76363906
>partitioning a state

Congress would never allow this
>>
File: 256px-Mississippiriver-new-01.png (115KB, 256x235px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Mississippiriver-new-01.png
115KB, 256x235px
>>76364285
>out of all states to criticize about square borders, you question Illinois
half of the goddamn border is a river you fucking sopa de merda
>>
>>76365656
>West Virginia
>>
>>76365715
Are you stupid?

West Virginia was formed because that part of Virginia didn't want to secede from the Union after Virginia voted to do so. So they declared independence from the CSA and the Union let them back into the USA as a new state.

I get why you might not know that if your not from Virginia but that's relatively common knowledge.
>>
>>76365937
>I get why you might not know that if your not from Virginia but that's relatively common knowledge.
Which is why I mentioned it, because it was a partition of a state. Are you daft?
>>
>>76363906
No, Iowa doesn't want to be anywhere near Shitcago
>>
>>76363906
will never happen
>>
>>76363906
I say no because Chicago supports the rest of Illinois, so being cut off from that would kill my local economy
>>
>>76372528
Chicago is killing this fucking state. Every year we dig ourselves deeper into debt and there's no fucking solution to it because our politicians are crooks, and many of them have a hand in the shitshow that is currently Chicago. They're actually at a population net loss this year because so many people see the writing on the wall and are jumping ship.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.