[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the Cities You've Visited on Your Travels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: rome.jpg (363KB, 765x340px) Image search: [Google]
rome.jpg
363KB, 765x340px
1. Rome: Chaotic and dirty, yes, but so many layers of history in its architecture. Great food too.
2. Amsterdam: Very unique city with its canals. Plus I'm a cyclists, so bonus points for amazing cycling infrustructure.
3. Paris: Yes, parts of the city are third world, especially in the north. But the city core along the Seine is absolutely breathtaking.
4. Lucerne, Switzerland: Quaint, comfy city. Beautiful views of the lake and mountains.
5. Venice: It would probably be at the top, since you know, it's a city built on water for Christ's sake. Although it's a shell of a city that is a nothing but a tourism meme nowadays, albeit a very impressive one.
6. Florence: The duomo, bridges, and public art is of course amazing.
7. London: Crazy city. But hey, definitely worth a visit.
8. San Francisco: The first North American entry. The most aesthetically pleasing big city in North America, maybe overall in the Americas.
9. Montreal, Canada: Yes, you read right. Very cool downtown. The city definitely has a European soul. Nice urban parks too.
10. New York City: The Big Apple is definitely worth a visit. Nuff said.
11. Washington DC: So much history and shit to see.
12. Guanajuato, Mexico: Very nice Spanish colonial feel to the city.
13. Toronto, Canada: Not nearly as cultured as Montreal. In fact, it's rather soulless like much of North America. But with so many new high rises, the city feels very slick, clean, and safe (unlike a lot of American cities with their ghetto pockets).
14. San Diego: Big city with a small town atmosphere. Best weather in the USA.
15. San Antonio, TX: Very nice and comfy riverwalk.
16. Los Angeles: The city has cool pockets of stuff to explore. Unfortunately, they are spread out over a vast area with terrible traffic.
17. Phoenix: Unbearably hot. Boring. Suburban.
18. Houston: Fuck this place.
19. Tijuana, MX: 3rd world. Nuff said.
>>
>>76330662
1. Boston: Great city
2. Northampton: Great little town
3. Worcester: Underrated, has some nice parts
4. Framingham: Kind of blighted but has it's charm
5. Lowell. Just a shithole

I don't travel very far.
>>
do you just want to show off how rich you are? I'm kinda jealous.
>>
Tokyo 10/10
Berlin 8/10
London 7.5/10
Hong Kong 7/10
Seoul 6/10
Barcelona 6/10
Madrid 5/10
Taiwan 4/10 overrated in Japan tho
Paris 0/10
t.filthy gaijin
>>
>>76330662
>19. Tijuana, MX: 3rd world. Nuff said.
You did that to yourself
>>
>>76331059
What makes you like Berlin? I hate that city
>>
>>76331208
why do germans overwhelmingly hate Berlin?
>>
This is an incomplete list.

> GOAT tier
Vienna. It's the perfect city. It's clean, weather is nice, you feel safe, public transport is efficient.

> great tier
Berlin, Barcelona. There are some poor neighbourhoods but people are friendly and the nightlife is awesome.

> cute tier
Bratislava, San Diego, Valletta. If you haven't been there, I recommend a visit. I recommend Slovak beer.

> good tier
Paris, Rome, Warsaw, Bologna, Budapest, Prague. There are lots of monuments and beautiful architecture, but you can tell people are jaded with tourists and they are sometimes unfriendly. Besides, drivers in these cities are dangerous, particularly in Rome.

> meh tier
London, Brussels, Bucharest. I expected more from these places, mostly from ancient megacity London, but it seems that Brits don't preserve their roots in their own (extremely expensive) capital.

> kill it with fire and magnets
Frankfurt am Main. Fuck that city. It's ugly. It smells. The airport smells even worse. Food is terrible even for German standards. People are stuck-up.
>>
>Paris
chaotic hell
>Marseille
a big garbage dumpster

too poor to visit something else
>>
>>76331241
Shithole full of commieblocks and lefties.
>>
File: 1497294921427.jpg (52KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1497294921427.jpg
52KB, 600x597px
I have never even left this country. Such is life when you're poor.
>>
1. Vienna
2. Stockholm
3. Paris
4. Riga and Vilnius

Visited more but can't really rank them
>>
>>76331241
>it's the heart of ossi "culture"
>literally the worst big capital city in Europe
>crime hotspot

I could go on.
>>
1.Washington DC (Made a little kid all starry eyed)
2. Ensenada Mexico
3.Kamloops Canada
4.Visalia California
5.Los Angeles (AREA)california
6.San Francisco (Area)California
100 New York City Almost got ran over by a taxi cab as a little kid
150. Vancouver British Columbia Canada (Bitchy ass people very rude and impolite)
>>
1 - Gramado (Brazil)
2 - Itacaré (Brazil)
3 - Ilhabela (Brazil)
4 - Campos do Jordão (Brazil)
5 - Ubatuba (Brazil)
>>
(1/2)
The list is big, I'am also including places where I have lived for more than a year, not my hometown though:

1. San Francisco: Amazing, chaotic, full of night live. Cool shit to do everywhere. Very expensive though.
2. Madrid: I studied there, I don't think if you visit it you would like it more than some other places but it is a fantastic place to live in. Really good museums, night live and people.
3. Prague: Interesting nightlife, cheap beer, very weird people and a cool city atmosphere by the river.
4. Berlin: Really good nightlife and people and a really bohemian atmosphere.
5. Shanghai: It's like living in a real set of Blade Runner or any other cyberpunk movie. It's massive af and you can have lots of good times in there. Very poluted desu.
6. Beijing: Yes very poluted as well but very monumental and with very unique architecture.
7. Paris: It's full shit and unclean but as OP said the part near the Sena river is breathtaking. The louvre is pretty cool although I couldn't see even the 5% of it.
8. Granada: Amazing university city. Cool muslim architecture and interesting people with a very bohemian and laid back attitude.
9. Florence: It's a giant tourist trap, but it has cool architecture and museums.
10. Bruges, Belgium: Small town feeling and cool canals, it's like Venice but being cool.
11. Fez, Morocco: it's chaotic to a point that it is supercool. It also has the oldest university in the world. It is the only city that i liked of morocco (I visited Tanger and Marrakech as well).
12. Amsterdam: DUDE WEED LMAO, also canals, cool churches and the Van Gogh museum.
13. Vienna: Cool palace in the outskirts.
14. Shenzhen: Very cool modern city. Very well organized.
15. Guangzhou: Massive as fuck, but with cool markets.
16. Rome: It has some cool architecture but it's full gypsies trying to steal you all the fucking time, and it's very dirty.
>>
>>76335342
(2/2)
17. Hong Kong: Crowded to the point that it is unhealty. Sketchy markets and people. Pretty good night life though.
18. Athens: It's a major shithole but the food is amazing and there are really cool ruins and museums. I went there on the summer of 2007, just when the Goldman Sachs thing started to happen, kek.
19. Venice: Tourist trap and smelly as fuck. As OP has said it's built in the FUCKING WATER.
20: Brussels: Literally meh, the city.
21. Hamburg: Boring, people are assholes.
22. London: I don't get why people are insane with these place. It's ugly, expensive and the people there are total dicks.
23. L.A: It's fucking hell on wheels. People are mega egotistical and narcissistic. There are some cool spots but you have to look for parking spaces for like 30 min on average. It's dirty and full of hobos. Don't get me wrong I'll probably visit again but I wouldn't live there.

Places that I visited when I was a kid and don't quite remember well.
Miami: I remember alligators in a theme park. Tall hotels in the beach. And a hurricane that passed by during my stay (1999).
Split, Croatia: Pretty cool although I was an annoying son of a bitch and i was complaining of seeing ancient shit all the time.
Sarajevo, Bosnia: That was pretty depressing. I went there in July and it was freezing cold and raining.

I plan to go next year for a month to Mexico. I have a friend in the city.

Sorry if it was too long.
>>
1. Istanbul: nice weather most of the year, nice people and a city with so much things to see.
2. Paris: nice city with OK people. There are a lot of arrogant tourits tough
3. Bruges: nice city with just enough tourists to make it enjoyable.
4. Ghent: nice town with really good food. Locals sre nice.
5. Antwerp: It's nice people and architecture, but a lot of minorities as well
6. Amsterdam: nice city eith nice history and funny Dutch people
7. Bergamo (Tr): nice ancient artifacts
8. Antalya: nice progressive people
9. Kos: nice city, but the people on there are not so nice.
10. Luxembourg: town is Okay
11. Zürich: I have only seen a part of the town
>>
>>76330976
I'm not rich. I live in SoCal. The European cities were all in my one and only trip to Europe.
>>
>>76335342
How cool that you rank Madrid that high
I'm from there
>>
I visited so many European cities I can't really rank them all.

But my favorite is Vienna. It's truly a beautiful city. It's a bit of a shame there are so many bad touristy restaurants in the city center.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.