[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was yugioh ever a thing outside of nipland and North America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3426.png (313KB, 385x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3426.png
313KB, 385x559px
Was yugioh ever a thing outside of nipland and North America? Never graced with the old yugioh kino?
>>
File: PotofGreed-TF04-JP-VG.jpg (60KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
PotofGreed-TF04-JP-VG.jpg
60KB, 544x544px
I PLAY POT OF GREED
>>
Me and all my friends had em but didn't know how to play so we just admired the cool designs on the cards.
>>
>>76310097
We had yugioh in Greece
>>
>>76310097
Bought cheap Chinese bootleg Yu-Gi-Oh cards from a weekend market held at the local fog racing track. Other ever really played the game with my brother and the neighbour's kid, but it was fun enough.
The real interest was in collecting and trading, though. Managed to score some decent cards by trading my bootleg cards for real ones. I had so many fucking "Ultimate Blue Eyes Dragon of White" cards from those cheap knock off packs.
>>
>>76310252
dog racing*
Greyhounds
>>
>>76310097
Everyone played it when I was in school
>>
>>76310097
yes it's a thing in mena
>>76305516
>>76305546
>>76305637
>>76305710
>>76305831
>>76305945
>>76305981
>>
>>76310111
This, except also we played by letting everyone ply a card and whoever had the highest number of stars on the bar on top won the round. We also played Pokemon like this where whoever had the highest HP score won.
>>
>>76310252
Same thang here, we bought the"candonga" type shiet.
>>
I still have some cards, and some I bought recently out of nostalgia for the show
Still a pretty active here
>>
>>76310097
yes, I woke up early everu saturday to watch it on national tv. I watched it everyday on fox kids as well. I was addicted to the ps1 game. I collected original cards and them sold them for peanuts
>>
>>76310110
What did this card even do?
>>
>>76311663
just draw 2 cards
>>
>>76310097
It was pretty popular back in middle school, back in 2001. My cousins are like 12 and it seems to be somewhat popular in their school as well, so it still alive. Most don't really play with them though, they play a game called "bafo" instead, it's a game where you hit your hand (like a shell) on the stickers upside down, and if a sticker turns around, you win it. The reason for that is because most of the cards were Chinese bootleg copies so they came in broken English and Brazilians can't understand English, much less broken English.
>>
>>76311723

That's pretty vague and unclear japanon
>>
>>76310252

The very same thing here in huehue, however, some protestant fucks trying to gather attention started spreading rumors that the monsters in the illustrations were "depictions of demons" and that somehow yu-gi-oh cards could "influence children to do deeds against God". Well, many illiterate parents back then actually fell for it countrywide and it tanked the sales of Yu-gi-oh related stuff. It was never a big thing after that, but recently thanks to the internet people are getting more aware of this sort of ruse.

Also, I still have some friends which managed to keep huge decks from that time up until now. Really interesting considering all that happened.
>>
>>76311950
That's it tho

Really good card tho
>>
>>76312113
It's funny how I've never seen protests about games that actually have demons like smt/persona
>>
>>76310097
used to be VERY popular here from release up until 5Ds when it started to fade out

I've still got my collection of thousands of cards
>>
People played it here. Some still play, but MTG is more popular now.
>>
>>76312184

Yu-gi-oh was a big thing back then, so the "grown up" shitters who started this didn't have to go very far to do what they did. No one born before the 90's would give themselves all the work of researching about some"""obscure""" jap game and trying to explain how bad it is to some random factory woker down the street. It was much easier to point to the parents if they noticed their children buying some weird looking cards and starting from there.

Con reverends using of subversion to attract more followers (in order to pillage their wallets through "donations") was a thing before the popularization of internet around here.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.