[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

colonization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Adsız.jpg (301KB, 1376x801px) Image search: [Google]
Adsız.jpg
301KB, 1376x801px
how come russia was not the most powerful colonize?
>>
r
>>
Lots of eastern russia was still being colonised
>>
>>76280061
do you really need a more clay than yuo can handle?
>>
Because they were a feudal country until the russian civil war
>>
>>76280180
yeah whats hard about handle stone-aged people?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sitka
>>
>>76280189
That amounts to nothing though.

imo the reasons are:
-too much internal conflict already
-little access to the sea
-lots of available land if they need it
-not being inbred islanders
>>
dude, they occupied three continents and had possibly the third-largest empire ever
>>
>>76280061
you may need this for the future

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
>>
>>76280260
too far land will never be developed simply and will be lost in a long run to some other power

then again you have just enough land already, we are not fucking romans or brits to colonize everything and its physically impossible with russian-style colonization (i.e. without too much genocide)
>>
>>76280061
Part of America (Alaska) was partly Russian. But it was sold for a pittance
>>
>>76280396
i know that but, still i doesnt make sense when euros cross the whole ocean and defeat f.e aztecs and colonize the whole new world, while russians can just walk down and take lands from non-advanced people
>>
>>76280061
Ural and Siberia are russian colonies
>>
>>76280061
I don't understand this sentence.
>>
File: Map_of_the_Russian_Extreme_North.png (268KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_the_Russian_Extreme_North.png
268KB, 1280x738px
>>76280435
The Asian part of Russia is almost non-populated to this day. Previously, it was almost uninhabited, with a very unfavorable climate. I'm surprised that I could at least get to there on foot and survive.
>>
Russia colonized the whole Siberia, what more do you want
>>
>>76280061
Colonial powers need a navy. Russia has never controlled a warm water port with direct open ocean access in it's history and still doesnt today. So they had to rely on land based colonisation and it's always easier to migrate east and west than it is to migrate north and south due to similarities in climate and ability to grow agriculture.
>>
File: владивосток.jpg (103KB, 598x398px) Image search: [Google]
владивосток.jpg
103KB, 598x398px
>>76280733
yeah we totally don't have a port just near japan, let alone baltic ports and murmansk that never freezes due to gulfstream
>>
>>76280792
>yeah we totally don't have a port just near japan
Vladivostok freezes on average 4 months every year, usually around Christmas until April.

>let alone baltic ports
Pretty sure travelling through strait is the exact opposite to having direct open ocean access

>murmansk that never freezes due to gulfstream
While Murmansk itself never freezes and the Barents sea usually doesnt, the surrounding Arctic Ocean does.
>>
File: snow-and-ice-europe.png (65KB, 695x614px) Image search: [Google]
snow-and-ice-europe.png
65KB, 695x614px
>>76280999
its open for navigation tho the only downside is that you have to travel near norway first before you can go into the ocean, but its a short route
also we have islands much closer to japan i think its possible to build something there
i don't know about Sakhalin
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.