[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do white people treat religions like it's an fasion accesory.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_6599.jpg (136KB, 750x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6599.jpg
136KB, 750x770px
I don't like people who convert to asian religion. John Lennon or Steve Jobs's fault maybe?
>>
this new age thing got out of hand long ago
>>
>>76118331
Hmm.. I know quite a few of these people and they are generally good, kind people that are kind of slightly off. My guess and experience with them is that they were raised religious and have that kind of need to be spiritual but no longer believed in a Abraham type God so the Asian shit was the next best thing to fill the void in their life.
>>
>>76118331
They weren't beaten as children.
>>
>>76118331
Americans dont have culture thus no morals or predilect religion like other countries like in Europe, LATAM, MENA or even Africa, thats why their society is changing all the time, this decade is for degeneracy and fake nationalism
>>
>>76118331
consumer culture and New Left anti-Westernism
>>
>>76118364
Who is Santa Muerte?
>>
>>76118363
I was beaten as a children and now I`m 24, unemployed and on 4chan
>>
>>76118364
mexican culture is putting cheese wiz on takis
>>
>>76118396
as a child*
>>
>>76118363
what do you mean by this?
you mean catholilc?
>>
>>76118331
you literally stole buddha from my ancestors and turned him from great indian to fat nip you dumb monkey you have tnothing to demand
>>
>>76118396
but are you Shinto?
>>
>>76118409
What is Taco Bell?
>>
>>76118421
I'm talking about white people who live in 21century you cunt
>>
File: 1476679566025.gif (793KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1476679566025.gif
793KB, 360x203px
>>76118425
Atheist
>>
File: korean_christians.jpg (102KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
korean_christians.jpg
102KB, 858x536px
Religions naturally spread to different ethnic groups over time
>>
>>76118418
Proverbs 13:24
>>
America has the best culture and whitest president.
>>
>>76118477
the Gospel according to Matthew?
>>
>>76118530
Matthew is New Testament. I'm not sure what changed, but I got the belt instead of the rod.
>>
>>76118508
>technically no culture aside of the melting pot of immigrants
>its actually orange
Kek, nice try m8
>>
>>76118331
Most Europeans have no spiritual traditons apart from Christianity so when that fails them they have to look elsewhere for their pagan fix.
>>
>>76118331
Was at one of those famous temples in Kyoto and there was this seating area which said "officials only" and two of the four dudes there were fat americans dressed up as shinto priests
>>
>>76118425
I'm shintoist
No one can convert to shintoism if they're not born and raised in Japan
>>
>>76119134
disgusting...
>>
>>76118508
The most orange president you mean.
>>
File: moztel tov.png (542KB, 634x637px) Image search: [Google]
moztel tov.png
542KB, 634x637px
White people convert to foreign religions! Many such cases! SAD
>>
>>76118331
I don't like Asians who speak English. Conquering the world and Capitalism fault maybe?
>>
>>76118421
>buddha from my ancestors
>dutch

wut?
>>
>>76119218
Immigration
>>
>>76119218
His Dutch father purchased his Indonesian mother
>>
>>76119251
Indonesia is muslim
>>
>>76119267
he probably found some native Indonesian whore on the street
>>
>>76119267
mostly, there are also tribal religions and Bali is Hindu.
>>
File: Laughing-Buddha-Wealth-Ball.jpg (16KB, 210x280px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Buddha-Wealth-Ball.jpg
16KB, 210x280px
>>76118421
BTW, image related is not Buddha. He's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai.
>>
>>76119336
Dear Rajesh,

What do you think of westerners reading the vedas?

regards,
India fan
>>
>>76118331
Consumerism and rampant individualism.

Everyone has to be a Sihk monk that just got back from two years abroad in the Congo saving dilapidated porpoises from global warming whilst finishing their PhD on Bioinformatics at University of Liberalism.
>>
>>76119397
> indiaboos actually exist
>>
>>76119135
Shinto isn't even a religion really as conventionally known.
>>
>>76119397
>What do you think of westerners reading the vedas?
nothing You are free to do as you please.. but do us a favor and don't
1. Digest it
2. Follow the lead of Sheldon Pollock and do the marxist thingy
3. Follow the lead of Wendy Doniger and do an Freudic erotic psychoanalysis.
>>
File: 6Cl6BxP.png (463KB, 640x546px) Image search: [Google]
6Cl6BxP.png
463KB, 640x546px
I'm white, and I converted to Buddhism. I follow the Four Noble Truths and the Eight-fold Path, and I find the teachings within Buddhism to be captivating and enlightening. I read translations of sutras and the tripitaka in my spare time, and

I like to meditate when I have the chance so I can unwind. I don't push my beliefs on others, nor do I make a big deal out of it. Where I take refuge if no one's business but my own

Am I still an annoying white person?

TL;DR I'm a white convert to Buddhism, I keep it to myself. I find it a good refuge. Am I still just an annoying white person?

>inb4 Canadian so yeah, you're an annoying white leaf
Other than me being a leaf.
>>
>>76119450
Why should anyone listen to you?
>>
File: 848.png (205KB, 659x525px) Image search: [Google]
848.png
205KB, 659x525px
>>76119451
I respect it
>>
>>76119468
>>76119397 fucking asked me of MY opinion.
>>
>>76119468
So as to not embarrass themselves like fucking hippies or autists.
>>
>>76119450
what do you mean by don't digest it
>>
File: ac6.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ac6.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.
I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)
I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.
I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%
When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!
I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.
Wish me luck in Japan!
>>
>>76119497
>digestion
see http://rajivmalhotra.com/library/articles/tiger-deer-dharma-digested-west/

It's an elaborate thesis which describes the import of exotic artefacts into Christian belief systems for example, Easter, Christsmas etc.
>>
>>76119497
I think he means you can digest it, just don't go being a follower after you do that. Everyone will find their own meaning in the vedas, and shouldn't follow any pre-packaged versions.
>>
Religions are such bullshit.
They are quaint little leftovers of tribal society that should be treated in the same way as pottery or cave paintings. Relics of whatever society that it came from.

If people want a sense of community, connection to God, and a connection to the divine, then we have Catholicism for that.

Catholicism is not a religion since it doesn't fit the criteria for a religion. It would be like calling the scientific method a form of natural philosophy.

In uncivilised societies, the understanding of the physical world was dicated by metaphysics, natural philosophy, and alchemy. When civilisation came, the scientific method, which is rigid, based on concensus, and universal, superceded that. Likewise, a primitive society's understanding of the supernatural and the divine was dictated by religion, myth and superstition. Roman Catholic theology, which is similarly rigid, based on concensus, and universal (or catholic) should supercede that.

Religions like Buddhism, Judhaism, Islam, Hinduism, etc have their place in the world. As cultural curiosities. But serious inquest into the divine always has been and always will be undertaken by the Roman Catholic Church.
That's why Catholicism, and to a lesser extant, offshoot branches like Orthodoxy and Protestantism, should not be considered religions.
>>
>>76120370
>Catholicism
>It would be like calling the scientific method a form of natural philosophy.

We have a closet evangelist on board, fellas.
>>
>>76118331
>"Raised" "Catholic" aka he was baptized and that's it
>"converted" to buddhism at 12 '(laughing.jpg)
>22 "converted" to the ethnic religion of the Japanese
>soon will convert to hinduism
>then to islam
amerimongrel truely have no values

kek
>>
>>76118331
>i practice shinto amd buddhism and oh i like christmas and halloween
Why japanese treat religions like its a joke?
>>
>>76120655
>>76118421
this
>>
>>76118331
>shintoism
Its a meme and deserves to be treated like one. If you never killed infidels or went on crusades for your religion is it even a religion?
>>
>>76120944
>If you never killed infidels or went on crusades for your religion is it even a religion?
"kebab speaks"™
>>
>>76119178
Orange is the new white.
>>
>>76118331
>white people
you mean american mutts
even then, it's not most of them, these are just the kinds of people who boil everything down to social perception and fashion
>>
>>76119217
No worries, I can't speak English
>>
>>76120655
These are not even religious events but commercial ones
You should learn more about Japan nida fucking gook
>>
I'm a Korean Christian and most Chinese and Japanese don't literally have a soul. It scares me how most of them will wind up in hell. I pray someday you will find God and receive a soul for you Japanese and Chinese

I will probably get violently threatened by a soulless idol-worshipping Japanese demon for this
>>
>>76121621
How can they end up in hell if they literally don’t have soul?

Also, people not having sould walking around means gnosticims isn’t just a conspiracy theory and you are right now worshiping an evil false god.
>>
>>76119451
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism

Buddhism has been historically practiced by white people.
>>
>>76119217
Why though?
>>
>>76120370
Isn't it a school night, Bruce Jr.?

Go to bed before you cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>76121568
Why Japanese treat religions like they're kinda commercial meme?
>>
>>76126291
Merricans do that, m8.

Case in Point, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, Yoga, Tantra ....
>>
File: iltapäiväfiilis.jpg (17KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
iltapäiväfiilis.jpg
17KB, 400x449px
>>76119539

Just for the record, how old is this pasta? Feels like it has always existed.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.