[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brasil Macacos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Uruguay-Brasil-Argentina.jpg (79KB, 640x310px) Image search: [Google]
Uruguay-Brasil-Argentina.jpg
79KB, 640x310px
Ever since I was a kid I always heard Argentinians and Uruguayans refering to brazilians as "macacos", never a paraguayan or chilean or colombian or whatever.
Apparently it's not a recent thing but something from hundreds of years ago, when we won the battle in Sarandí people invaded the brazilian consul and tore everything apart, when they destroyed Pedro I's emblems they did mentioned him being the "emperor of the monkeys".

Can a brazilian explain this to me? of course this was never taught to us at school just like we were never taught about aiding Nazis in the WW2 so maybe in Brazil you guys know why? I found it interesting because it's a thing that happens all the time even nowadays
>>
We often used slaves as cannon fodder so that must be it.
>>
>>76116144
But Argentina did too, that's how they decreased their black population(they also sent a lot here)
>>
>>76116030
>I always heard Argentinians and Uruguayans refering to brazilians as "macacos"
really? I only knew about the macaco thing when I started browsing 4chan
>>
File: paraguay war uniforms.png (2MB, 1024x2228px) Image search: [Google]
paraguay war uniforms.png
2MB, 1024x2228px
>>76116173

Idk really, maybe it just caught on us. Don't forget that a fuckton of slaves were brought.
>>
>>76116174
I've heard a lot of people, whenever they insult a brazilian the go-to seems to be macaco(not all the time of course but it's quite popular) in football happens all the time too.

>>76116270
Maybe it was some sort of spainvsportugal thing that influenced here
>>
File: uma delicia.gif (25KB, 578x316px) Image search: [Google]
uma delicia.gif
25KB, 578x316px
>>76116030
It's a Paraguayan 19th century meme
>>
>>76116347

Could be, but nowadays is more a football thing since most of our players are black or one of the parents is black.
>>
>>76116414
fuck you guys, Paraguay was on its way to becoming a superpower in the 19th century, it was based as fuck, and then you macacos had to ruin it
>>
>>76116030

To us since I was a kid, all Spanish America = indios, really.
>>
>>76116454
>want to became a superpower
>declare war on the two biggest countries of the subcontinent
it's not like that how it works
>>
>>76116479

This. Also, it's not a meme, just cross the Uruguayan border. Looks like a native reserve.
>>
>>76116454

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Riachuelo

>lets attack one of the best navys in the world with fishing boats

Wow, so powerful.
>>
>>76116479
To me Brazil is Africa shithole
>>
>>76116548

It's not ofensive being compared to a black when you're not one.

But from Mexico to Uruguay, being a native american or part native means suicide.
>>
ya'll monkeys and apes

be more like our turkish brethren
>>
>>76116454
That's a marxist myth
Paraguay was already bad before the war, it just became worse because Lopez thought he could simply start an expansionist campaign without a proper military or alliances
>>
>>76116454
It wasn't them, they were doing the laundry for England.

Argentina was the same, they were always dominated by UK, we were never relevant enough for that.
>>
>>76116030
Never heard about "macacos" referered to Brasil irl, I only knew that was some word for monkey, but we just say "mono" for that.
>>
>>76116583
Eh my dad is Mestizo and he's fine. Granted he's not a 1.60 cholo
>>
>>76116548

Serious, being called a nigger or black sounds nothing offensive. But every Spanish speaking country get instantly upset when you call them Native Americans for some reason, especially the lightest skinned ones.
>>
>>76116746
>>76116660
>>76116583
>>76116479
You sound really autistic
>>
>>76116454

Nice revisionist meme.
>>
File: Paraguayan prisoners.jpg (60KB, 562x345px) Image search: [Google]
Paraguayan prisoners.jpg
60KB, 562x345px
>>76116705

Oh please England had nothing to do with that.

People fall for this meme where Paraguay was a "rising superpower" and that England didn't wanted them.

Niggas barely had shoes.
>>
>>76116798
That "England was behind it all" thing never made any sense anyway
Brazil and the UK were with their diplomatic relations cut by the time the war started
>>
>>76116798
The explanation I heard once was that the brits wanted every river around the world to be navigable, making it easier on them to trade their manufactured goods all around the world. Not sure how that hypotesis links to Paraguay tho
>>
>>76116414
That makes no sense, our independence was in 1820s and the paraguay war in the 60s
>>
>>76117182

We only made some loans from European banks at the time.

>>76117286

Paraguay wanted sea acess because of the Uruguayan civil war was won by the side our empire was supporting. Because of that, Paraguay wouldn't be able to export their shit "freely".

Pedro even sent a letter to Solano for negotiations, but he denied and declared war.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.