[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lessons in Polish #2 - I Can't Sleep At Night Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170614_200120.jpg (671KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170614_200120.jpg
671KB, 1600x1200px
Wow, you survived till second lesson, in which, as I promised, we'll learn some basic questions about somebody's life

First of all, we'll take a look on how to ask "How are you?"
The simplest way to do it is to say "Jak się masz?", but there's also "Co (tam) u Ciebie (słychać)?" (you have to choose either "tam" or "słychać", but you can't use them in the same time, nor you can ignore both of them)
And the answer is often either "W porządku" (if you're fine), or "Nie za dobrze" if you are in bad mood

The other question to learn is "How old are you?"
In polish we say "Ile masz lat?", which literary means "How many years do you have?"
The answer is "Mam [...] lat", e.g. "Mam 21 lat" (we take a look on polish numerals in Saturday; if number ends with 2, 3, or 4 you use "lata" instead, with exceptions for 12, 13, and 14, in this cases you use "lat" and if it's exactly 1, you use "rok")

And here comes another one, "Gdzie mieszkasz?" which is equivalent of "Where do you live?"
The answer is "Mieszkam w [place in locativus]" e.g. "Mieszkam w Polsce"

And the last one is "Skąd jesteś?" ("Where are you from?")
The answer is "Jestem z [place in genetivus]" e.g. "Jestem z Polski" ("I'm from Poland")

What is worth mentioning is fact that diffrent noun's forms are used in two last examples, but we'll bother with noun declination and cases much later, now you only have to remember that if you talk about the place you're living you use locativus (miejscownik), and when you talk about place you are from, you use genetivus (dopełniacz); standard form of a noun is nominativus (mianownik)

Summary and vocaroo will come soon
>>
>>76084576
Ok, here is some vocabulary for you:
Bulgaria - Bułgaria (nom.) - Bułgarii (loc.) - Bułgarii (gen.)
Argentine - Argentyna (nom.) - Argentynie (loc.) - Argentyny (gen.)
Mexico - Meksyk (nom.) - Meksyku (loc.) - Meksyku (gen.)
Venezuela - Wenezuela (nom.) - Wenezueli (loc.) - Wenezueli (gen.)
USA - Ameryka (nom.) - Ameryce (loc.) - Ameryki (gen.) (that was colloquial name for USA, literary means "America")
Germany - Niemcy (nom.) - Niemczech (loc.) - Niemiec (gen.)
Russia - Rosja (nom.) - Rosji (loc.) - Rosji (gen.)
UK - Wielka Brytania (nom.) - Wielkiej Brytanii (loc.) - Wielkiej Brytanii (gen.) (literary - Great Britain)

If you want to know how is your country in polish, just ask me under this post
>>
You should make a YouTube channel
>>
>>76084576
>Co (tam) u Ciebie
Co tam u hohlov
... i'm so sorry. I just couldn't not do that
>>
>>76084597
>USA - Ameryka (nom.) - Ameryce (loc.) - Ameryki (gen.) (that was colloquial name for USA, literary means "America")
but Stany Zjednoczone is used more frequently
>>
>>76084576
post a picture of your feet please
>>
>>76084576
are you polish? your older posts made me think you're a foreigner who learned polish.
>>
>>76084576
Thank you, Polish language teacher
Dziękuję, nauczyciela języka polskiego
Cпacибo, yчитeль пoльcкoгo языкa
>>
>>76084719
But I don't want to show my face, and making videos takes too long
And then all the conception of 4chan language course will fail

>>76084852
Maybe, depends where are you living, but I can't imagine people saying "Jestem ze Stanów Zjednoczonych"
Another frequently used form is just "Stany", but it's even more informal

>>76086147
Waht made you think that? My nickname?

>>76086214
Proszę bardzo
You're welcome
Пoжaлyйcтa

>>76085051
Maybe one day
>>
>>76086214
And "nauczycielu", not "nauczyciela"
>>
>>76086365
yes the name
>>
>>76086412
It means literary "Pole" ;)
I'm learning mandarin chinese, so that's the reason

And if you all would like to handle even very simple conversation in polish with me, then just ask, I guess that this another Pole here also could help you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.