[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/euros/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Why is the EURO such a great currency? Look at all these colours. It's so beautiful and perfect. Tell me stories about the introduction of the € in your country, lads.
>>
rare thread
>>
>>76061239
Because you are used to it. Other people's probably dislike it.
>>
Guilders looked a lot better imo.
>>
>>76061239
Could have more personality.

But the Union is too young to have great heroes.

I could see Napolean and Charlemagne on those, tho.
>>
>>76061239
Its hideous. They went with fake windows and bridges so no-one would be offended.

Rather than displaying great works and people from europes long history.
>>
good question
why are euros so pretty?
pesetas couldnt even compare
>>
The Real looks like that since the 90s, I find it really weird that most countries have to look at their money to tell the bills apart, color-coded bills are quite handy.
>>
>>76064075
the real what?
>>
>>76061239
looks like something straight out of a hasbro board game
>>
Any of you track them with Eurobilltracker? Autistically pleasing for me

I also collect coins, trying to get one of each coin from each country like an amateur. I'm mostly missing on the smallest of countries, Lithuania and on some particular ones from Ireland and Benelux, 1c and 2c mostly as Finland doesn't use them
>>
>>76061371
nah, i remebmer in the transition from spanish pesetas to euros i thought euros were so much more pretty in the year were both were used0
>>
>>76064368
To have so many different coins sure is amazing. Although having royalty on them is lame in my book. Makes me wonder if there are new coins being minted with our new king's face on it.
>>
>>76064562
There are. They changed it to Philippe in 2014
https://www.fleur-de-coin.com/eurocoins/belgium-euro-coins

I personally find the Slovenian coins the most interesting. Every coin depicting a unique piece of culture, history or nature. For example the 10c coin is a former sketch for the Slovenian parliament called Cathedral of Freedom
>>
File: 1480660689367.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1480660689367.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>mfw euros have to change their money into GBP whenever they want tendies
>>
>>76061239
We thankfully never took it on, but lately our physical currency was switched to monolopy colors anyway.
>>
File: monolopy money.jpg (56KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
monolopy money.jpg
56KB, 612x344px
>>76070988
>>76061239
Forgot pic
>>
>>76070988
Det är bra att sedlarna har olika färg. Det är effektivt att de ser ut sådär så att man inte förväxlar en med en annan.
>>
>>76061239
Wasn't a big transition really. 1punt(Irish pound) was = 1.27eur.

Got shafted on a few things after the switch. for example, penny sweets increased in price to 2cents, an increase in real terms of 57%.
We probably have made up that increase through inflation since, assuming the price hasn't increased again. I am not sure I don't buy penny sweets anymore.

That was the changing to the euro for me. Also it was ninth birthday a few weeks after the change over, I got 20 euro notes from friends for my birthday as opposed to 15punts which was the standard for a child's birthday present at the time in Limerick(we gave each other money for birthdays, not presents).
20euro was more than 15 punts which would work out to 19euro, but alas as most of my income at the time was spend on penny sweets I actually experienced a net lowering in purchasing power.

That's my story.
>>
>>76071280
Sedlarna hade olika färger innan dess också, men de var inte pissfula leksakspengar.
>>
Ignoring the shit fest that is having a single central bank and exchange rate for countries whose economies are so extremely different. It's still a pretty shitty currency. It's just worth too much to be handy. Every fucking price got decimal places. Who the fuck designs a currency like that? So you end up with a metric fuckton of cents that are completely useless on their own. The only thing the euro got over SEK is having a 2€ coin.

Thank god we're never ever going to introduce the jewro here.
>>
File: IMG_4666.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4666.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Euros are alright, it would be better if you kicked Greece out of the eurozone though
>>
>>76061371
I dunno, I like the colors and the accessibility options, but Canadian money is still better in that regard. American money isn't very colorful or appealing, but there's something strangely timeless about it that makes me hesitant to give it up for colorful bills made of plastic. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>76061239
looks like matador money to me
>>
File: apuqueshtion.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
apuqueshtion.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>76077270
>matador money
whats that
>>
>>76075946

Germans like having Greece pull down the value of the Euro. Makes it easier for them to export all of their shit onto the rest of the EU. Why do you think Greece is still in the EU?

If their being a detriment was in any way real, the Germans would've kicked Greece into the previous century faster than all get out.
>>
>>76061239
Euros suck. Why are they different sizes the big ones can even fit in your wallet.
>>
>>76079756
Whats wrong with different sizes
They are easier to distinguish by eye and touch that way
>thinnest ones are brown
1, 2, 5 cents
>under 1€ yellow
10, 20, 50
>1€ and 2€ are bicolor
Easier to distinguish and 2€ has inverted the color and is the biggest coin
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.