[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say the greatest difficulty when learning your mother tongue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 26

File: hhhhhhhhhh.png (13KB, 420x850px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhhhhh.png
13KB, 420x850px
Say the greatest difficulty when learning your mother tongue.

>Spanish.
>Excessive vocabulary, at the level of surrealism.
>>
File: psykoosi.png (130KB, 208x256px) Image search: [Google]
psykoosi.png
130KB, 208x256px
>Finnish
>The seemingly endless transmutations a word can ultimatelly have
>>
>difficulty
>learning native language

are you actually retarded?
>>
>>76045371
To others, not to himself.
>>
>>76045371

No, you´re the retard, read this: >>76045384
>>
pronounciation and "en" or "et"
>>
>German
>probably the changing of articles according to the grammatical case
>>
>Tagalog
>Tons of affixes
>>
Probably declination, but everything can be difficult to a foreigner 2bh
>>
>>76045371
depends

if totally foreign to it, maybe grammar

if it is a fellow romance bro, maybe vocabulary and correct spelling
>>
>>76045648
>maybe vocabulary

Is like the spanish vocabulary? for example 1.000 words for say penis.
>>
>>76045397
the way you posted suggests otherwise
>>
You can't know for sure the difficulties somebody'd encounter learning your mother tongue. It depends. For example grammar cases in Russian won't be a problem for poles or other Slavs because all the Slav languages have them. But it's clearly a nightmare for any English speaking person.
>>76045258
>Excessive vocabulary

I don't see how excessive vocabulary can be a problem.Building up a vocabulary is the simplest part of learning any language. It's only matter of free time. I like stumbling upon new words and idioms, write them down and learn them. But maybe it's just me.
>>
>>76045791
When I lived in Latvia I learnt some russky, and the worst part for me was the stressed syllable changing at random. I know German and Icelandic, so the cases weren't too bad, but the stress just meant that people barely understood me.

Also the alphabet just slows things down. It's harder to recognise words that you know when they're hidden behind the cyrilliscribbles
>>
File: 1483786579716.png (692KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483786579716.png
692KB, 963x720px
>>76045887
how much nippon pussy do you get on the reg?
>>
>>76045791
Cases I can do, it's the English-tier inconsistency in syllable stress and weird rules governing pronunciation that get me.
>>
>>76045912
None because I'm deeply in love with my German grillfiend

Anyway the nips seem to fucking hate me, so I probably wouldn't get any pussy.
>>
>>76045258
Inconsistency of the way letters are pronounced in certain words.
>>
>>76045950
>we hate you
not such thing
probably you don't speak Japanese, that's it
>>
>>76045258
It's not phonetic and the large vocabulary are the two things I've heard complaints about.
>>
>>76045258
excessive vocabulary is actually fun to use desu. I can get more creative in forming spanish sentences than in English or Filipino
>>
>>76046057
That's exactly it

also I sneeze as loudly as I can on the metro to piss them off
>>
>>76046172

Yeah is true, But admit that it is complicated to remember so many words. Kek
>>
>>76045258
>Japan
>Chinese characters
>>
Danish pronounciation is almost as random and illogical as english, it's no wonder people hate the language.
>>
>>76045670
>for example 1.000 words for say penis.
I thought that was universal
>>
>>76045258
>polish
>finding any use for it
>>
agglunativity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYyO0zvOPzM&t=15s
>>
>>76045258
>Spanish has an excessive vocabulary
cachinnating at your presupposition, my confederate
>>
>>76045258
other than the shit ton of exceptions to the rules, there's the fact that there are 3 different english languages i could run into before the day's out

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_English

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_English

and to make it even better, my parents come from the area with the most weird dialect I've ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12lCfrsYIfc
>>
>>76045258
>subjuntive mode of verbs
Not even the natives get it right most of the times
>>
>>76048130
>be me
>learn more than 1000 chinese characters in around half year, would be less, but I didn't study regulary
>can't learn 46 of hiragana
Pffffft
You fucked iut up Nips
Also:
Chinese - 1 character = 1 word
Japanese - 1 character = more than 2 diffrent readings, and separate readings when using it as a surname
Literary what the fuck
>>
>>76048549
That's what happens when you use a writing system that was intended for a language with a completely different one, just like you guys did with the Latin alphabet
>>
>>76045258
>Hey here are some rules on our language, it's not that hard if you learn to pronounce it!
>Excpect in this case it's different
>And in this case
>And in this case
>And in this case
>∞

HAHA UITZONDERINGEN
>>
>>76045258
Almost all of our words can be compounded into entirely new words, which leads even our native speakers to encountering and forming new words all of the time.
I.g; language barrier becoming languagebarrier, shit storm becoming shitstorm, etc.
>>
>>76045258
Foreign words can be a pain to read sometimes.
>>
sounds gay
>>
in nynorsk we have "gender-verbs", three genders for verbs and nouns. most norwegians are retarded and write bokmål though.
>>
> Russki
> Palatalization
> Stress
> Pronounciation of words like "zashchishchayushchiysya"
> Retarded slang completely, utterly different/detached from formal language, although Russian slang is barely Russian
>>
>>76045258
> Russian.
> the hardest part: Russian.
if it wasn't my native language, i don't think i'd ever even come close to it, let alone try to learn it
>>
>>76049251
Biatch plox, the grammar is as easy as it can get, literally just 3 tenses (oh well, 5 if we count past imperfect w/ past perfect and future imperfect w/ future perfect as separate "tenses"), cases are pretty simple and the rest of the grammar is pretty easy to grab compared to other languages
>>
>>76045887
brit, at what level do you speak Icelandic? i'm going through the survival course now, it's not even A1
and why did you decide to learn it?
>>
>>76045258
>finding any use of it
>pronouncing r and pallatalisation
>we still use cases from mama latina
>we still have 3 genders from mama latina
>finding any fucking use for it
srsly
just learn italian or spanish
much easier and much more useful
unless you want to move to israel
which we colonised
>>
>>76045887
forstår du norsk? norsk er ei blanding av islandsk og tysk, så eg trur du kan forstå litt.
>>
>>76045258
mainly a mix of 3 languages berber arab and english with some italien and turkish influence
>>
>>76048273
i l-like your language
>>
>>76049312
nope
just 3
aspects aren't really tenses
and they use separate verbs
so just 3
>>
>>76049366
>and english
i mean and french
>>
>>76049362
mere en blanding af Dansk og Tysk desu
>>
>>76049430
ikkje nynorsk. kun austlendingar nyttar dansk ordforråd.
>>
>>76048273
But it sounds nice, anon
>>

>cases
>strč prst skrz krk
>>
File: 1431274798773.png (56KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1431274798773.png
56KB, 512x384px
>>76049492
Du er en af dem der hader Denmark af en eller andet grund ikke?
>>
no difficulties really
>>
>>76049312
6 cases, 3 genders, 3 types of nouns which conjugate diffirently, also verb endings are hell and so on. i'd say that 2/3 of russians are illiterate fucks and can't even speak their native language properly.
but something about this language is really majestic, i'm glad it's my native
>>
Tripthrongs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_phonology#Syllables_and_phonotactics
>>
>>76049594
dei har öydelagt språket vårt, det er ikkje berre tull.
>>
>>76049585

i've been trying to reproduce that sound and i'm getting close
it's not that hard
>cases
they have their purpose
>orthography
at least czech attempts to be phonetic
>>76049683
>verb endings
russian only has 4 irregular verbs and only 3 tenses no?
noun declension is nothing new
>>
File: princ.gif (2MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
princ.gif
2MB, 300x228px
>>76049691
Det hedder culturally enriched, og det kunne blive meget være
>>
>>76049752
no, i mean that there are also perfect/imperfect verbs in past and future tense, lots of suffixes/affixes that change the meaning, sometimes very slightly, and you will sound weird if you misuse them
and maybe you say it's easy because your language has same things so you're familliar with the concepts
>>
>>76049683
The fact that 2/3 of the population are illiterate fucks doesn't mean it's hard. For example, people in Ukraine can't spell Russian properly not because it's hard, but because they don't even study it at school/college most of the times and EVEN IF THEY DO -- it's considered a secondary foreign language and it's taught 1 hour a week/two weeks
Same for Belarus. Although, 20% of Russian population aren't even Russians so who cares about how they spell/talk
>>
>>76049642
Indonesian should unironically be world language. Fuck cultureless Esperanto.
>>
>>76045258
>Traditional Chinese
>spend time practicing how to write one Chinese character and memorizing its pronunciation
>3000 characters needed when graduating from primary school
>>
File: characterevolution.jpg (22KB, 354x341px) Image search: [Google]
characterevolution.jpg
22KB, 354x341px
>>76049868
aspectual verbs come in pairs
we have some declension from latin so yeah i'm familiar with cases and how they work
why didn't russian reform orthography?
>>76049918
but they make sense tho
see pic related
>>
also
> German
> detachable fucking affixes
> which must be in the end of the fucking sentence
> and same shit for second verb
>>
>>76049976
>and same shit for second verb
that's from the SOV order of Proto-Indo-European
>>
>>76049903
uhh i mentioned it because a magority of these illiterate fucks claim to be patriotic and proud of their cunt, so it's ironic how they can't speak/write without mistakes, and as I see on the internet english-speaking idiots make far less mistakes
>>
>>76050074
Subhuman """"patriotic"""" pootinbots? We shouldn't even talk about such things, anonych :^|
>>
>>76049971
well, there were sone insignificant changes, e.g. they made it "appropriate" to speak of coffee in neutral gender (it's masculine in fact) or stress the wrong syllabe in any possible for of verb "to call" and smth else, can't remember exactly, but it is still considered illiterate among normal people
>>
>>76050017
yes, I was kind of ok with verbs, but these detachable affixes really pissed me off.
where do they even come from?
>>
>>76050154
not only them, just a real lot of people are not perfectly litterate
(also sorry for typos in prev posts, i'm posting from phond and usually don't proofread)
for example the absolute majority mistake "to dress soneone" with "to put something on" and only use the first verb in both cases because the only difference is affix
>>
>>76045258
English

Our fucking retarded spelling system.
>>
>>76050556
He нy этo yжe пpидиpки жёcткиe, кaк пo мнe.

Я дyмaл ты o людях "пишyших вoттaк"
>>
>>76049976
As a translator who has translated legal German to English, oh boy. You ain't seen shit until you've seen that. Paragraph-length sentences are not uncommon in there.
>>
>>76045258
>Alanic aka Ossetian
>Nobody actually speaks it except for rural areas. And rural and suburban people are retards in every country.
>>
File: Screenshot-2014-06-02-08.29.34.png (19KB, 243x153px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2014-06-02-08.29.34.png
19KB, 243x153px
>english
>the dental fricative

This is the jewel of the anglo-saxon tongue, and anyone who can't properly articulate it should just give up learning english immediately
>>
>>76050730
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0w6WrfYy5iK

Does that make you cum strayanon?
>>
File: ich.jpg (2KB, 83x125px) Image search: [Google]
ich.jpg
2KB, 83x125px
>>76050730
>Middle Vietnamese has /ð/

Why did we lost it?
>>
>>76049971
ur pic is the most simple form of chinese character, created by depicting the shape
it is necessary to learn these simple characters so that you can learn more complicated ones

only when in childhood do you need to practice a lot to carve them on your brain
things will get better when you grow up with tons of characters in mind

so yeah, traditional chinese is a reasonable system
i think it's better than simplified chinese, which are mere symbols
>>
File: 1497209888078.png (663KB, 810x555px) Image search: [Google]
1497209888078.png
663KB, 810x555px
>>76048639
this not kidding
>>
>>76050806

That's pretty sexy

But don't some italian dialects have it anyway?
>>
File: 1386315499_01.jpg (69KB, 604x599px) Image search: [Google]
1386315499_01.jpg
69KB, 604x599px
>>76050895
WRONG
>>
>>76050730
I finally learnt how to do it this year after reading a phonetics book. It was a lot easier than I expected. English teachers are just retards.
>>
>>76045432
>"en" or "et"
do you mean genders?
>>
>>76051210
yep
>his language doesn't have 3 genders
practically a languagelet
>>76050877
i'm interested in learning mandarin
is it hard to move to taiwank?
>>76051119
tell me about it
i only realised it's a different sound when i picked up linguistics a year ago
>>
>>76050660
эти кaк paз либo мaлoлeтниe шкoльники (им мoжнo), либo тe caмыe пyтинoиды и пoльзoвaтeли OК, кoтopыe зa людeй нe cчитaютcя.
>>
>>76048597
Its more like using the Latin Alphabet, but also writing some words in Latin but reading them as Polish and then also using Cyrillic just to top things off.
>>
>>76050708
i'm ok with very long sentences as long as there isn't a single word in its end, i.e. an affix, that changes the entire meaning. you forget the subject by the end of that sentencf and have to re-read it
>>
>Say the greatest difficulty when learning your mother tongue.

Kokko kokoa koko kokko. Koko kokkoko? koko kokko.
>>
>>76050714
Are Ossetians just another kind of hachi or are they better than dags/chechens/other retarded muzzies bc their territory is a part of Christian™ Georgia?
>>
>>76050708
I don't know why but I kinda love those, lel
Special kind of collective German autism.
>>
>>76048634
I don't know, compounding doesn't seem like that difficult a thing, but then i am a native German speaker and even a Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz* doesn't seem to daunting to me...
(* Beef labeling supervision duties delegation law)
>>
>>76051210
tell me about Faroe, i'm faroeaboo. do most people speak English? is it worth visiting and if yes what places are the best (with the smallest amount of shit for tourists)?
>>
>>76051385
No, that's exactly what legal German is like—they write long sentences with a bunch of conditions in the middle and the shit you actually need to know at the very end so you have to jump around to read it.
>>76051462
It parallels what legal text tends to do in every language. You can write legal documents in German or English that use clear, uncomplicated, precise language. You can also write legal documents in German or English that abuse the language's features to make documents that sound very stuffy and formal and aren't any easier to read.

As a matter of fact, there is a special place in hell reserved for German legal writers who abuse the ability to freely create new compounds. Good writers use that to be clear and avoid lengthy descriptive phrases. Bad writers use that to stick two abstract words together, creating a vague, undefined concept that means nothing to anybody but the writer.
>>
>>76051306
come to Taiwan by applying a university is easier
sadly to say, our immigration policy is not very open
maybe to prevent spies from China or something
but also block many friendly foreigners
>>
>>76051558
>move to Taiwan by applying a university is easier
i'm still in high school so i'll probably look into that
thanks a lot!
>>
>Portuguese
No idea what would be hard, it's piss easy and a great platform for other Romance languages
>>
>American
People seem to have a lot of trouble pronouncing the R's right.
>>
>>76051643
i'm just curious, why do you want to move to Taiwan?
>>
>>76051643
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Chengchi_University#Partnership
National Chengchi University

this is where i'm studying
it has a language learning center for foreigners
it would be great if you come studying Chinese
after that you can also choose a major and study in National Chengchi University
>>
too many slangs and dialects, the formal alanguage is useless in real life. it it acceptable if you're a foreigner but you'll sound like you have a stick up your ass and will never truly sound local.
>>
>>76051846
what bothers you more: British (or any other) accent where R is barely, if at all, pronounced or foreigners with rolled R like in Spanish or Russian?
>>
>>76048549
This desu. In one year of Chinese class I learned about a thousand characters, including writing. The many readings japanese characters have is what fucks it up. It comes a time when you just say, fuck it.

>PT
The many conjugations and the diphthong ão is what fucks people up, I hear.
>>
>>76051851
http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com/the-marble-canyons-in-beautiful-taroko-national-park-taiwan-5491/

we have multi-cultural society and also gorgeous nature scenery
come visit taiwan!!
>>
>>76051559
I recently discovered that some people here actually do not speak English, but most people below 50 do. In my honest opinion it is not worth visiting.
>>
German
Speaking: any words with ch, because we have two ch-sounds.
E.g.: Ich, Ach
Grammar: genders, we have male, female, neuter and the cases matter.
E.g.: Die Uhr (f); Die Frau (f); Die Uhr der Frau;
Also you can combine a multitude of words like lego bricks.
E.g.: Raumschiffwartungsterminplanungsbeauftragter
>>
>Finnish
>10298923 meanings for a single word
>>
>>76051963
Neither really bother me, just an observation.
>>
>>76052518
Nah I beg to differ. Your language is actually very easy to master. You just have to memorize all the genders and that's it.
>>
>>76052254
kanji have so many pronounciations because they were picked up from various chinese lingos
some from mandarin, some from cantonese etc
and the japs said fuck it, kept the various chinese pronounciations and added their own because fuck you
>>
>>76052533
come on senpai
you're german
you're already halfway across
instead of only adding nouns together, add some more shit like conjunctions and cases
>>
>>76052582
Well those are the difficulties you'll have to keep up with as a non-native.
Except for casual errors it is an easy language when you're native
>>
>>76052716
Fuck off German is literally one of the easiest languages in Europe.
>>
>>76052492
even if i am a nordicboo? i like remote, rural and not densely populated places. especially something that counts as rare and i have a strong attaction towards islands
but if it isn't any different from Denmark, then i think yes, it's not that interesting
>>
File: glassespepe.png (234KB, 545x530px) Image search: [Google]
glassespepe.png
234KB, 545x530px
Many kids have problems learning how to properly roll their R's
>>
>>76052733
>English
>Spanish
>French
>Italian
>Danish
>Dutch
>Norwegian
>Swedish
>>
>>76052744
It's widely different from Denmark, just boring and cold.
>>
>>76052766
when i fist pronounced R right as a kid, i was so happy i kept repeating words with lots of Rs for several hours
>>
File: 1496423788468.gif (2MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1496423788468.gif
2MB, 200x133px
>>76052518
wtf does the last word mean, its completely retarded.
>>
>>76052766
This is why foreigners mistake the Finnish accent in English for a Russian one
>>
>>76052766
In german you sometimes roll your R and sometimes don't.
Is it in finnish too?
>>
>>76052518
>two ch-sounds
Right, never thought about it.
But they seem to be dictated by the vowel that proceeds them, the 'Ich' ch comes after 'i' and 'e', the 'Ach' ch after 'a', 'o' and 'u'

The only word that i can think of where this isn't the case if i say 'Arche' in my accent as " Ah'che", but even then theres a slight pause where the r should be...
>>
>>76052774
how cold? 0- +15° is gret for me, -10 - 0 is ok
i don't know why i am autistically attracted to cold lonely places with population of 3.5 people, but Iceland, Greenland and Faroe share the first line of my "want to go before i die" list
>>
>>76052834
It is.
It would be the person who is supposed to find a suitable date for maintenance on a spaceship.
Just like that you can combine words which make sense in german.
>>
>>76052878
No, R is always the same.
>>
>>76052878
It's the Finnish Toys'R'Us
R is everywhere in Finland
Rrrrrrrrrrovaniemi
Rrrrrrrrakastan sinua
>>
>>76052925
small islands south of Iceland = not cold
however i bet it is always wet and windy so it might be cold despite lacking the raw cold temperatures of russia finland etc.
>>
>>76052920
In Bavaria we say it as Arche. Sounds like ich still.
The pause has to be there otherwise you would make a sch-sound
>>
>>76052925
Yeah, it's usually around 7-15 during summer. It's also relatively expensive, and compared to Italy or France, we don't have much to offer: no historic monuments/cities, no great art and only one fancy restaurant. Of course you're always welcome though.
>>
>>76052980
i've heard that usually it's not colder than -4° in winter and not hotter than +10° in summer in Iceland. for me, that's what a perfect weather is like
also the minimal amount of direct sunlight because i hate sun

i really want to go to SEA, but i think i'll die bc of climate
>>
>>76052834
>Spaceship maintenance scheduling supervisor
German compounding always seems to daunt English speakers, but its pretty similar to English, just with the spaces removed.
>>
>>76053054
the main problem for me is to afford an apartment or a room, but i've seen a few hosts on workaway that will provide tou with room and food for some help, but there are only like two
are vacancies like that popular? i mean, when you work for room?
>>
>>76053119
This. It is just more complicated for non-natives, becuase they don't know when the distinction is
>>
>>76053163
I've only heard about. I think most landlords rent out their rooms/apartment on airbnb nowadays.
>>
>>76048624
Dutch has exceptions everywhere.
>>
>>76045495
this
theres no rule behind it though
it literally just exists to identify filthy Ausländers :^)
>>
>>76053017
Yeah, i just meant to show the only (possible) counter-example i could think of.
But i think the pause is there because the Ach-ch is quite similar to r, which makes them difficult to pronounce.
>>
>>76045258
Probably learning how words are pronounced, since it's seemingly random a lot of the time and the pronunciation of a word often doesn't match its spelling.

Apart from that, it probably depends what your native language is. French and Spanish people never seem to be able to get the stress right on words, so their rhythm when they speak sounds all over the place. Some people have trouble with /th/ sounds and consonant clusters too (like "strengths")
>>
>>76053498
Well the spanish g before e and i is pronounced like ich-ch, also in words like argentina
>>
>>76053581
For germans it is ths
Like sixth sense
>>
File: 1480228346354.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480228346354.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
>>76045495
not even remotely as bad compared to prepositions,verbs and other grammatical bits i've forgotten the actual names of CHANGING THEIR MEANING AND CASE DEPENDING ON THE COLOUR OF HANS' DIRRHAEA YESTERDAY AFPAJLDAH<JCKA.

that and the fact that in most cases you understand the meaning of those freakishly long sentences that you fucks have AT THE GODDAMN END OF THE SENTANCE WHERE ALL THE FUCKING VERBS WENT EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST MODAL VERB FUCK YOU GET NUKED OAIDAHKDJAHKDH

oh well, for bulgarian the most difficult thing would be making sense of the language in general.
there are a fuckton of exceptions to every single grammatical rule and nothing seems to follow a pattern when you go in depth.
oh, you want to learn plurals?
well the way you form it changes profoundly depending on gender and the type of letter that the word ends in, so enjoy those (probably) 10+ ways to form plurals+this laundry list of exceptions to the rules :DDDDDDDDD
>>
>>76053581
You know what? Fuck your squirrel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-fcrn1Edik
>>
>>76053396
How do native Germans just know it
It's surreal for me to even think about it
>>
>>76045258
There are hardly any resources on it
>>
>>76053987
Same way Italians know the right vocal quantity of "u" in diphthongs that contain it or which determinate article to use before a male noun, it just comes natural if you have heard the language since you were born
>>
>>76045670
Pretty sure our vocabulary is more expansive than yours dude. I noticed Italians seem to have an easier time learning spanish than the opposite and I think it's due to the fact we employ a lot of synonyms in Italian which can also be found in Spanish.
>>
>>76053987
its not that big of a deal, honestly, those krauts who think that the articles are difficult have probably never met a foreigner who was formally taught hochdeutsch.

you just learn every new word with the article that goes with it.
70-80% of the time you'd get it right
>>
>>76054104
>>76054007
It often sounds like a really retarded form of dutch mixed with german and french 'sounds' in it to me
>>
>>76054136
As a diminutive its a Neutrum
Die Magd - Das Mädchen
Der Hund - Das Hündchen

Plus, a compounding factor is that the word doesn't change for the plural:
Der Junge - Die Jungen
Das Mädchen - Die Mädchen
>>
>>76045258
Conjugation. Even native speakers make mistakes with it, although they immediately realize them. Our vocabulary is vast, but most words are usually composed from other words, so you can understand their meaning even if you haven't heard of them before.
>>
>>76045258
The fact that everybody already speaks english so getting actual practice in it is very hard, because everbody will immediately switch to english when they hear you are a foreigner
>>
>>76054321
the dog - the chicken?!
>>
>>76054400
This is why learning Spanish in Spain is so simple :^)
>>
>>76054405
kek
a small chick is huenchen ya daftie
>>
>>76054352
Also, foreigners keep forgetting to palatalize /k/, /x/, /γ/, /g/. They become /c/, /ç/, /ʝ/, /ɉ/ when they are before /e/ or /i/.
>>
File: 1459978117398.jpg (50KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
1459978117398.jpg
50KB, 500x546px
>>76054400
The trick as a learner is simply to lie and pretend you don't speak English. In my case I'm a native francophone so I can easily pretend that I don't speak a word of English. Obviously it's extremely unlikely that anybody would ever be learning Dutch if they don't speak a word of English, and people might not actually believe me, but it hardly matters because they would be unlikely to actually challenge me, seeing as they could probably never outright disprove me, and would then proceed to continue speaking Dutch.
>>
>>76045258
When has the excessive vocabulary ever be a problem? I don't think you should issues in a normal conversation, only in specific cases.
My only problem with spanish is that i can't pronounce the "tr" and "dr" sounds properly, and kinda sound like a retard while trying
>>
>>76054405
Hündchen, with a D, not Hühnchen with an H

>>76054594
Hühnchen specifically chicken in a culinary context, like pig and pork in English.
A chick is 'Küken'
I mean its not totally wrong, but if you would ask somebody to show you the 'Hühnchen' on their farm they would lead you to the kitchen, not the hatchery.
>>
File: 1363655589370.jpg (32KB, 338x322px) Image search: [Google]
1363655589370.jpg
32KB, 338x322px
>>76054682
>mfw trying to pronounce "artrosis" with a proper alveolar tap on both r's
>>
>>76054763
havent slept all night so i am quite lazy to spell out words properly.

by chick i was referring to a small chicken that you'd eat, i dont think i have ever encountered Kueken in any context before tho
>>
>>76054800
>I speak a language that can literally imitate all other sounds
>I speak a dialect with a strong pitch, picking up and imitating Japanese, Korean and Mandarin almost effortlessly
>>
>>76054800
not really a problem :^)
>>
The immense disparity between the standard and what people actually speak. Makes it easy for a less educated native speaker like myself to sound ghetto in a formal setting, and for a foreign speaker to sound silly in an informal social setting.
>>
>>76054800
Vocaroo
Now
>>
>>76054887
In my case, both of my native tongues (French and English) have special snowflake r's, and thus as a result the alveolar tap and the alveolar trill are both foreign to me (despite being so common in so many languages). Luckily for the most part they're easy to learn, however I still struggle with some specific situations, namely "rtr", where the best I can do is a tap followed by a trill rather than two taps.

Either that or I have to take a gigantic break between "ar" and "trosis".
>>
File: 1244631780701.jpg (66KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1244631780701.jpg
66KB, 480x640px
>>76054800
>mfw no issues with the R in any of its shapes or forms, even basque people were surprised when i was able to pronounce their shit correctly with zero effort
>mfw no issues with the spanish Z lisp either
>mfw no troubles with the english th too
>mfw i would never be able to get the proper english intuation and stress correctly
>mfw i live in scotland where the language is just pure bonkers
>>
>>76054953
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OpNKsnuVwt

Like I explained here >>76054978, the best I can do is to trill the second r.

If I really try to tap both r's, this is what it sounds like instead:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KLiEziQ12o

As you can see, it ends up being very awkward with a major break between "ar" and "trosis".
>>
File: 57502563.jpg (62KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
57502563.jpg
62KB, 300x380px
>>76054800
>Mfw i once said the word "cocodrilo" and everybody laughed at me, and still make fun of me to this day.
>>76055005
It's funny that no one uses the Z lisp here in Latin America, only when trying to distinguish the Z and S sounds when spelling a word
>>
File: 1479000496335.png (402KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1479000496335.png
402KB, 598x1021px
>>76055065
That's cute
You sound like a slav
>>
>>76055065
Doesn't sound bad desu
>>
>>76054270
Because that's exactly what it is
>>
>>76055065
fuck, I just realized in the second vocaroo I ended up making an Anglo "i".

Please don't judge, normally I'm bretty good with my vowels, it's just when I'm really concentrating on some other elements (in this case, the alveoral taps) the rest sometimes suffers.
>>
>>76054978
>namely "rtr"
Could you vocaroo the following. You'll have a blast:
>čvrst (chvrst)
>prst
>opskrba
>strm
>žrtva
>zvrk

We don't really like vowels
>>
>>76055096
yeah, makes for an easy way to spot south americans from a distance, kek
>>76055065
doesnt sound too bad to me, how are you supposed to properly pronounce it?
do the Rs need to be softer or harder or what?
>>
>>76055188
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Lfw4AaHndq

How did I do?
>>
>>76055311
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0q3JZZ5YULz
That's how people say it here
Also don't laugh at my voice
>>
>>76055311
This is the proper sound which is supposed to be used for both r's in the word artrosis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alveolar_tap.ogg

However, in my case I end up doing a trill for the second sound, as demonstrated here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alveolar_trill.ogg
>>
>>76055322
Very good and clear. Clear is important, because we are literal on our pronunciation down to a T. People say Spanish is very phonetic. They haven't heard Serbo-Croatian
>>
>>76055065
Kinda unrelated, but i really wonder how a cockney / chavy-southern accent of 'artrosis' would sound...
>>
Not really the grammar, but the pronunciation is ridiculously hard for foreigners due to the different phonemes, at the point that all foreign accents look retarded

One example is the letter R, it has an "H" sound at the beginning of a word, if it's double R at the middle of a word It was the same sound as the french R, if it's a single R at the middle of a word then it has the same sound as the spanish R, and if it's and R at the end of a word it's silent. There is also the american R, which is spoken in several dialects but not all.
>>
>>76055441
Thanks, I really doubt I would be able to do those words quickly however.

Would you mind showing your pronounciation of those words?
>>
>>76055507
>Would you mind
I would, very much, thank you
>>
File: 1364002937918.jpg (44KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1364002937918.jpg
44KB, 396x385px
>>76055542
>>
>>76055414
still dont get it m80, you arent supposed to roll the second R? i am tone deaf for the record, quite bad at distinguishing sounds
is this even remotely close to the truth?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s10LmWL6MEKU

>>76055397
sounds quite alright to me, amigo
>>
>>76055507
Here you go List.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s12BFaNKrN4R
>>
>>76055638
croats really need to include the all mighty Ъ in their alphabet, honestly
>>
>>76055600
I'm not a native speaker, but to my ears that sounded pretty good.

>still dont get it m80, you arent supposed to roll the second R?
yup, but for some reason I can't pull that word off if I don't roll the second r.

>>76055638
Thanks lad
>>
>>76055735
Isn't it something like the Ö sound it German?
If you're adressing Bulgarian.
>>
>>76055735
Even Serbian cyrillic doesn't use that letter, not to mention there's no Latin equivalent.
>>
>>76055779
Hmm, maybe try to say it as a question - artrosis?
Should help, although for me this way I completely lose the proper O, which I dont pronounce correctly to begin with.

Anyways, I'd naturally tend to roll the second R as well, but this is mainly due to the fact I started rolling my Rs a couple of years ago to fuck with the Scottish kek
>>
>>76055800
>If you're adressing Bulgarian.
no, its the "uh" sound
>>76055841
>Even Serbian cyrillic doesn't use that letter
yeah I figured the Croats got this bad habit from the Serbs.
It is massively useful tho, considering slavic languages are supposed to be spoken as they are written.
If the pronunciation of the words was correct, then for example in "prst" you effectively have to pronounce the Ъ between the R and S.

As for the lack of latin equivalent - well, 1/sucks to have picked the Latin alphabet for a slavic language 2/ you can take a page off Poland's retarded alphabet practice and just add random dots and lines around an existing letter and use it for Ъ.
>>
>>76046227
>>also I sneeze as loudly as I can on the metro to piss them off
Gotta love British sense of humor.
>>
>>76045495
I never minded this
Got to do grammatical cases somehow so why not article declensions
Works well enough
>>
>>76056198
Well, it's noticeable that the sound exists, but that letter has been obsolete for quite a long time, same as the Щ sound, it's there in some words, but we still don't use it.

But I agree, we pride ourself on our phonetic language, but we haven't adressed vowels properly.
For example:
>Sam sam(I am alone).
It should be written Saam sam, because the A is not of the same lenght, there are cases like this everywhere.
>>
>>76056385
Well, I suppose its just down to how the language has evolved individually.
Maybe in Serbian you dont have that many words in which you shouldnt pronounce the Ъ sound after a consonant, so it doesnt make sense to use the Ъ since its almost always present.

your example in Bulgarian would be

sam sъm/ caм cъм
>>
The dt rules..

Our excessive figurative speech.

Pronunciation. (Although croats and serbs sound like a native without effort).
>>
Silent letters, a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>76045258
>vocabulary
every language has vocabulary niggu what you talking about
im fluent in english but i still dont know by far half of the names of food ingredients and kitchen utensils, because every country has loads of names for stuff, because there is loads of stuff.
>>
>>76045258
There are many difficulties, but luckily nobody has a reason to learn Jewspeak.
>>
File: 1458906577001.png (289KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458906577001.png
289KB, 800x800px
Foreigners always think that noun genders are the greatest problem, but apart from a few exceptions where one word can have different meanings in different genders they make absolutely no difference to mere understanding, and frankly most of them make no logical sense anyway.

The actual hurdle with German is declining nouns for the four different cases because without them you will risk being absolutely unintelligible. If you're learning German forget about genders and focus on cases.
>>
>>76049828
bruger du en proxy eller har du familie i bosnien? kan ikke se nogen grund til at besoge det
>>
>>76053581
2bh you can pretty easily cheat your way through [fru] 'th' by pronouncing it 'f' or 'd' depending on the word (the determination might just be whether [wedder] it's followed by a consonant or vowel). For some reason the majority of Germans think 's' is the more appropriate cheat though [doh], even though [doh] it sounds completely off.
>>
Spenish
>ser/estar (verbs to be)
>retarded amount of tenses

>rolling Rs
>>
>>76045258
Orthography thanks to our seseo.
>>
File: 1497285858259.jpg (63KB, 511x604px) Image search: [Google]
1497285858259.jpg
63KB, 511x604px
>Not related to almost any other language on Earth (except Estonian and some almost dead minority languages spoken in Russia and distantly to Hungarian)
>Not that much learning material available because lol who wants to learn Finnish
>even if you decided you wanted to learn it the natives probably won't listen to your broken Finnish and instantly switch to English
>there's no reason to learn it which makes an already daunting task (omg 15 cases and compound words and stuff omg!) even more daunting
>>
>>76055065
R-tro-sis
tro like in trotsky
>>
>>76050806
vam veefoo vis
>>
>>76056766
dt is something only the natives really fuck up
as for pronunciation 'g'/'ch' is apparently pretty hard for a lot of foreigners
>>
it suggest that you>>76045694 love the big amerindian cock ajskasjakjkaj
>>
File: 8765.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
8765.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>76045258
>French

>silent letters
>conjugation
>R
>exceptions everywhere

I think that's it
>>
I know we invented the Cyrillic but I always wonder what if we were to switch to the Latin alphabet
>>
>>76045258
Russian
EVERY FUCKING THING
>>
>>76045432
>>76048273
What's the deal with Danish pronunciation? What is it that makes it so illogical?
>>
>>76045258
None. Even your ancestors can speak it fluently.
>>
>>76045258

The spoken language is simple so the Hebrew script I reckon. Especially words which are borrowed verbatim from Hebrew so the vowels aren't shown.
>>
>>76061867

If you want to sound less comical to native speakers just pronounce it like the Irish do and drop the "h". It's much more pleasant on the ears than what you're proposing.

>the/te
>three/tree
>throat/troat
>>
File: 1381323165804.jpg (52KB, 375x600px) Image search: [Google]
1381323165804.jpg
52KB, 375x600px
>accentuation rules
>>
Maybe Konjunktiv 1 and 2? Also Wikipedia has wrong grammar about it:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunctive_mood
> If a writer doubts the reported statement, Konjunktiv II can be used instead: Er sagte, er wäre ein erfahrener Arzt. Or, for example, instead of the normal formal, written Es sagte, er habe keine Zeit 'He said he had no time' with present subjunctive 'habe', one can use Konjunktiv II 'hätte': Er sagte, er hätte keine Zeit.
The above is wrong. Reeee
>>
File: usa.gif (348KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
usa.gif
348KB, 400x300px
>>76045258
None at all. English is pretty much perfect and all non-retards in our country speak it pretty much perfectly by highschool.

Foreigners are excused, it's okay to be bad at it if you're not a native. It's still the easiest language in the world though.
>>
Probably the autism
>>
>>76045258
>english
>exceptions to grammar rules/ punctuation
>>
>>76045258
Aesthetic spelling and tons of irregular cases.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.