[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experiences with dental tourism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (528KB, 1808x1631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
528KB, 1808x1631px
I'm going to need a very expensive srugery done, and in the US it's at least 30k. I've heard people talk about SE Asia, Latin America, and Central/Eastern Europe being options for quality service at a lower price. All the American doctors say you'll lose your mouth if you have any work done outside the US. I live reasonably close to the Mexican border, so it's my first thought. Anyway, if you've experienced anything related to dentistry, good or bad, post it here.
>>
>>76036246
You won't get better care than with foreign doctors care more because they become doctors to help people, not to become rich like the kikes here.
Unless you need complex surgery, I would highly recommend going medical tourism.
>>
>>76036668
I know if I find the right doctor in a foreign country I'll be fine. There are just so many people out there, it's hard to tell who the scammers are and are real. What I need is my lower jaw to be "broken" and realigned. My malocclusion at this point has my wisdom teeth and the first pairs of molars contacting. My front teeth are totally nonfunctional.
I've looked at Los Algondones, it may be my best bet at finding a good surgeon who won't harvest my kidneys.
>>
>>76036246
That healthcare abroad is always bad is plain bullshit of course. There may be some bad doctors, but it's not like all the doctors in the west are good, on the contrary. I would however try to find out which is the usual cost in the country that you're visiting. I would avoid dentists with prices below the average just for precaution.

I had some minor things done in the Philippines (They were some relatives of mine and mostly have upper class customers though) and a dentists with whom i had a check-up here in Rome because i was feeling some pain was actually quite surprised that there was no real problem and he said that things were done perfectly.
>>
are you getting double jaw surgery or something?
>>
They dad gets his work done in Poland. He can speak fluent Polish however and has spent quite a while there so he's not as much of a tourist.
>>
>>76036889
Just the lower, I'll need braces as well (which may need to be done in the US because of the frequent adjustments needed).
>>
>>76036887
The doctors say that because they know you won't pay them money. I know what they say is true if you pay some guy $50. But people in those foreign countries don't go to the US for dental tourism, so there must be someone to go to.
My trouble is finding that person. I don't even know where to start, everything I find looks like a scam.
>>
>>76036956
Any reason why he doesn't do it in the UK? Doesn't the NHS cover dental work?
>>
>>76037017
Unironically try Reddit. I'm sure they'll have a health tourism subreddit or you can ask on a country specific one.
>>
30 000$? lmao are you getting new jaw or what the fuck?
>>
>>76037040
The NHS only does dental work in you're under 18. Otherwise you have to pay. Not sure if it's all of it or just of the cost.
>>
>>76037017
See
>>76037068

Even mexibros here on /int/ might help
>>
>>76037068
I've done that, 75% of the posts are jackoff dentists saying if you don't pay a Murican to do it you'll die.
All the other threads say "I did it for x and saved y." but they never sya where they did it. Not very helpful.
>>
>>76036246
Aye, people fly to hungary here
>>
>>76037124
I came here because I thought maybe a Mexican (or any other Latin American) might chime in.
>>
>>76037097
That includes the hospital fees. The actual surgery is maybe 15k.
>>
>>76037170
Hungary is something I hear about all the time, do you know anyone who had a jaw surgery done?
>>
>>76037218
Nope, just google it. If you need an actual surgery go to Spain tho
>>
France is supposed to have quality medics. If your skin is dark enough you could pretend to be Syrian and get the work done for free.
>>
>>76037335
I'm of Northern European descent, so that won't work.
>>
>>76037239
I'll look at Spain. Any reason why you mention them?
>>
>>76037400
Spain is a pretty famous for its surgery. Google hip replacement in spain
>>
>>76037430
Oh I know of that story, pretty good deal. Spain is a little less dodgy than Mexico as well.
>>
>>76037430
>>76037400
Yeah this, spain is a good medical tourist place. Rich enough to have good standards/practices but poor enough to have low prices.
>>
>>76036246
>you'll lose your mouth if you have any work done outside the US
could it say to Japan/Germany as well? what a cunt
>>
See if you can find references for good dentists, or ask a native to help you.

Dentists here are usually good desu
>>
>>76037501
Someone did say that about Japan I'm pretty sure.
>>
File: 1489974690598.jpg (8KB, 268x284px) Image search: [Google]
1489974690598.jpg
8KB, 268x284px
>be American
>go to the dentist
>that will be 30k plus tip
>>
>>76037526
I know no one in these countries, my mom knows one person from Brazil, she may be of help.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 700x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 700x365px
>>76037569
Delet this
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.