[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to live in the EU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 275x183px
I need some advice, my /int/ellectual friends.

I've been staying in France for about a month now and I've come to the conclusion that I want to get serious about living in the EU. I don't necessarily hate the US per se, but long story short coming here confirmed my long-term feeling of wanting to leave. I want to know what my most realistic options are for living in the EU.

I was born in the Netherlands in 1996 but both my parents were Americans living temporarily in Germany at the time so I don't have a very strong case for Dutch citizenship at all and I assume I'd have to be naturalized if I wanted to go that route. I've been studying French for a few years now but have only really gotten serious about it in the last year. That being said, I've been surprisingly successful so far in speaking French with natives, although I still have quite a bit of difficulty depending on what I'm discussing. I have two more years of undergraduate studies left at my university and plan to at least finish out that degree before leaving. I am going to take a very heavy French course load so as to get as fluent as possible but I know it will be an ongoing process for the rest of my life.

What are the ~'easiest'~ western European countries to become a citizen of given my circumstances? I'm not opposed to taking up another language and am willing to work very hard and consistently to reach fluency. I'm also not necessarily opposed to joining something like the French Foreign Legion (provided they don't do horrible shit as consistently and as badly as the US military) or doing civil servant stuff. Dual citizenship would be preferred but I'm willing to give up my American citizenship if need be. Also, it's a huge plus if the country could have some graduate programs for clinical psychology.

Any advice would be appreciated as long as it's honest. Thanks in advance.
>>
visit the embassy of yours to find out the rules or just inform yourself through the institutions of france how to start the process of staying there
>>
>>76007546
your post is too long, no one gonna read it
>>
Before taking any long term actions like learning languages and so on do an extensive research of how you can become a citizen.
You don't want to end up wasting years on thing you didn't have to.
Also consider marriage as a practical solution. I'm not telling you to get out there and have a sham, I'm just saying it's something you could do with the right person if the law works that way.
Reddit has some resources and there are probably other sites.
>>
>>76007964
>>76007964
I assume even if I went the marriage route I would have to still learn the language of that country though wouldn't I?
>>
>>76007546
In most countries if you are able to land a job and keep it for a few years you'll be a permanent resident or even citizen.

It really depends on the country though, you need to list the ones you're interested in and study on a case-by-case basis. Also it's advised to contact a qualified immigration lawyer for each country you're serious about. Good luck.
>>
>>76007546
>French Foreign Legion
this is not a summer camp
You don't join the FFL just to have french nationality
If you join the FFL it is to serve the Legion and nothing else
>>
>>76008441
Joining the FFL for selfish reasons is completely fine, people do it all the time for a chance of seeing action. Just make sure you know what you're getting into.
>>
>>76007546
I am not sure about other countries, but here in Germany, in order to apply for citizenship you need to have lived for like 7 years in Germany.
So as long as you can find work here and live for a few years, it is definitly possible to get citizenship
>>
>>76007546
In france you can get naturalized after 5 years except if you've succeded 2 year in a french college and going to get your degree in this college wich seems to be your case
>>
>>76007546
>1996
OMG, the kids born in 1996 are already 21.
>>
>>76011217
Yes, you are old

Also, people born after 2000 now use 4chan
>>
>>76007546
Aren't they full?
>>
>>76007546
Well, since you know French, and language requirements are in every European country law for citizenship, I would advise you to look into French and Belgium law first.
>>
>>76008441
No fucking shit it's not a summer camp I realize that. A lot of the men in my close family have been a part of the military and while I'll never hold a gun for the US I might be willing to do it for France to get the fuck out of the US so long as the FFL doesn't require me to gun down poor brown people in the street ya feel me?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.