[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US cops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: golinejad20120810043527437.jpg (35KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
golinejad20120810043527437.jpg
35KB, 650x365px
I want to know the truth of US cops.
Here, Police of South Korea is lacking in authority compared to European and US one. So when a news covers police violence of US, there always have been an intense arguement in Korean community. Someone says that US police is kind only if you obey their instructions, and someone says they are just violent.
What is the truth?
>>
File: rylVr1HWbqY.jpg (57KB, 592x593px) Image search: [Google]
rylVr1HWbqY.jpg
57KB, 592x593px
here police is fucked up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMWt4aSKlA
>>
>>75980601
American cops patrol alone. And have to handle violent situations with gun wielding idiots constantly alone. This leads to a very stressful job. And taking it easy could cost them their life.

In the Netherlands cops patrol in groups of 2 or 3. They always have people watching their back. There is no way you can overpower them. When something happens they instantly call in backup. And the people are unarmed so even if you don't pay attention the worst that can happen is that the suspect flees. This leads to a cozy job. Where there is no need to be stressed.
>>
>>75980601
The truth is that each city has its own police force with its own rules and regulations.
>>
Then, I want to know your individual opinion about your police. Maybe my question is too vague for 50 states country.
>>
>>75980819
A lot of American cops patrol in pairs. I don't know where you got that information.
>>
>>75980819
>And have to handle violent situations with gun wielding idiots constantly alone.

You realize Chicago doesn't represent the entire country, right?

The overwhelming majority of cops never fire a shot on duty during their careers.
>>
>>75982637
No they don't. They think we are do instead by one or two cities and American life is exactly like that.
>>
File: RCPD K9 Unit.jpg (42KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
RCPD K9 Unit.jpg
42KB, 620x413px
>>75980601
They work within the confines of their individual precinct's limits

Generally they respond to any resistance of arrest in terms of a ladder, i.e. refusing to comply to a courteous question results in an order, if the order is disobeyed or ignored then physical intimidation is enforced etc.

If someone pulls a gun on a cop or motions to do so, that is considered an "escalation of violence" and is usually met with violence

>>75981085
My local precinct, like many in the US, is severely undermanned and subsequently has to respond to the worst of the worst, which wears them down a lot
I'm honestly surprised they're so patient

>>75980819
>American cops patrol alone
No they don't, they'll almost always work in pairs, with one more experienced officer and one less experienced officer

t. knower
>>
>>75981085
On one hand the cops can be too forceful or belligerent, and I've encountered that myself. On the other hand, depending on where they patrol and the people they deal with on a daily basis they can't really be blamed for that and people need to stop chimping out and saying the good boy dindunuffin when the police shoot some nigger 19 year old who's coming at them with a knife and ignoring orders to stop.

t. northside Chicagofag
>>
American cops are underpaid, low skill workers that have cultivated a standoffish relationship with the public through the "officer survival movement" spurred by deaths of police officers at the hands of criminals. All citizens are treated as a constant threat and police are always on guard, more than willing to escalate force if they feel threatened or nervous. This is why officers are so violent in the US and why ties with the communities they serve have deteriorated. There is little respect by officers for the public and little respect by the public towards officers.

Contrast this to western european countries where officers are willing to take reasonable risks to deescalate situations and bring in violent suspects without killing them.

The prevalence of firearms increases the speed at which an officer can be killed and the distance, and makes them less likely to take risks with subjects.
>>
File: British police.webm (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
British police.webm
2MB, 400x224px
>>75983846
>Contrast this to western european countries where officers are willing to take reasonable risks to deescalate situations and bring in violent suspects without killing them.
Either extreme is a bad thing. Violent suspects who are threatening police or the public should just be shot dead desu, like putting down an aggressive dog that will bite everyone unless you watch it every second.. Someone selling untaxed cigs or something like that shouldn't be, though.
>>
>>75984077
He said reasonable risks. The cops in that webm are taking unreasonable risks to bring in the violent suspect without hurting him.
>>
>>75982637
I've always seen the CPD working in pairs or larger groups. Being alone seems like a good way for them to get shot.
T. Chicagoan
>>
>>75985187
I like their color uniforms tbhfam
>>
>>75984077
But in the end that guy was taken in without being shot and none of the officers were harmed
>>
I've gotten pulled over with weed in my car several times without even getting a speeding ticket, let alone them searching my car.

I just say yes sir/no sir, give them my license/registration/insurance and answer their "so where are you headed tonight?" questions honestly and without an attitude.

All you have to do is not surprise them and make them think you're about to murder them, not talk shit to them, and not commit any crimes while in their plain sight.

If being polite and not acting a punk makes me a bootlicker, then I guess a am one. Cops have all acted professional when they've pulled me over, and I've always known cool cops personally who were friends and family.

It depends on the particular Law enforcement agency too. Big city police departments and high population county sheriffs offices hire more educated, professional officers than backwater hick areas. State troopers tend to be very good officers too.
>>
>>75986066
Right, but it could have gone differently and one or more of the officers could have been severely hurt or killed. That violent person isn't worth that risk. And that person will be released later and he might end up hurting or killing someone later since he clearly has no qualms about it now. By just shooting a violent perp who ignores your orders you're not only keeping yourself and your fellow officers safe but also any future people who may come across the person.
>>
https://youtu.be/kZ2Rxj60u5g

Should the officer here be fired, /int/?

IMO he did a great job and just gave some little punks a needed talking to that ended without anyone's life getting ruined for no reason. Also nice to see a Georgia cop with a thick Southern accent be not one bit racist here.
>>
>>75983063
>My local precinct, like many in the US, is severely undermanned and subsequently has to respond to the worst of the worst, which wears them down a lot
I'm honestly surprised they're so patient

To contrast this, the city police department and county sheriffs office where I live have actually made improvments in the last few years. New officers pretty much all have a bachelors degree and receive huge amounts of the latest training. Both departments didn't hesitate to buy body-cams at the request of the black community here in the wake of Ferguson and all the other highly publocized police shootings. More officers are getting hired and are getting paid more than before.

All the fat dumb redneck "bubba" cops seem older and close to retirement, the younger cops look and act like a mix of grad students and military officers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.