[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting friends elsewhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1495208354378.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495208354378.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
Is it easier to get friends outside of Northern Europe? I keep hearing how we North Europeans, Scandis in particular, are anto-social. And how Southern Europeans, and South Americans are more social?

Is it easier to make friends with Argentinians and Brazilians than Swedes and Germans?
>>
>>75957000
Yes
>>
I'll be your friend
>>
any alcoholic country is easy to make friends in imo
>>
File: 1488856771853.jpg (6KB, 205x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488856771853.jpg
6KB, 205x250px
>>75957000
i'll be your friendo
>>
don't know cause i don't know nothern europeans i just don't know
>>
Latins are much, much easier to make friends with but they're much flakier too.
>>
yes, people around here will talk to who ever when ever and anyone who isn't like this is very weird
>>
>>75957000
Typically, as a foreigner you have an easier time making friends if you can speak the native tongue fluent enough to have a conversation with others. You also have an advantage if you can pick up on the unspoken social rules of the region you're visiting/interacting with.
Generally speaking, social events are great for socializing and making friends.
I've only ever traveled to the US and other parts of Canada. The best reception I had was when I entered a local burger joint in the US and they had a service bell in which you ring to notify the staff that you liked their service. I thought it was cool and got to chatting with the staff and some other people. The fact that I was from Canada helped flow the conversations because they had a lot of questions, and so did I.

So I'd say yes, it is easier to some degree. Though you can still make plenty of friends from your homeland as well.
>>
>>75957000
I haven't travelled much, but I think these are just memes.

Making friends is equally difficult everywhere.
Sure if you're a tourist in Greece you can make smalltalk with everyone and if you're lost and ask for directions people will happily help you, but they're not going to be your friends. I think that's the case with US's culture of strangers talking. You go to a bar, you talk to some random guy, but you don't excange phone numbers or arrange a meeting, you just go home and never meet again.
>>
>>75962885
This
Your friends are just colleagues, people you study with, maybe neighbors and friends of family
>>
File: IMG_0108.jpg (48KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.jpg
48KB, 720x539px
>>75957000
making friends is easy
but to go beyond that is just impossible
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.