[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there chemical engineering jobs in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: cantwatchmovies.jpg (22KB, 485x398px) Image search: [Google]
cantwatchmovies.jpg
22KB, 485x398px
>Graduate with a chemical engineering degree 3.55/4.00
>can't find a job
>Iranian dentist says she would have a job for me if I moved to Iran.
>Everyone thinks that I should be able to get a job
>I still can't
>only have two shitty academic internships because at one time I was idealistic and liked science
>no confidence so I suck at applying to shit

I am literally willing to live anywhere. Are there chemical engineering jobs in your country. Should I learn mandarin?
Should I try to get involved in finance instead?
looking back I realize that I should have done computer engineering instead
>>
>>75881570
>Iranian dentist says she would have a job for me if I moved to Iran.
are you on a visa here?

anyway, try Houston
>>
>>75881643
No, I am not. I have citizenship. I will try Houston.
>>
Shit, what uni did you go to?
>>
try in bismarck north dakota
my sister got offered a job as a chem engineer one year before she got degree
>>
I would like to know this too.

Your post makes me the rightly unsettled I was thinking about going back to school for that.
>>
lol nope
>guy i grew up with majored in chemical engineering
>graduated with a 3.79 GPA
>did internships
>can't find work
>is now doing a roofing work
>is complaining about how exhausting the job is now that it's getting hot
>almost fell off a roof last month
>pretty sure he's suicidal now
>>
Move to iran bro
>>
>>75881570
Most of the chem engies I've known ended up working for breweries as high functioning alcoholics
>>
not in australia

I know four guys who are now teaching physics in high school with their engineering degrees since they couldn't find jobs

>>75882496
>bro
kys
>>
>>75882053
>Shit, what uni did you go to?
Columbia University
>>
>tfw che eng final year
>tfw scholarship
>tfw 5 years work contract with scholar provider
>>
>>75882619
Phew! I live in California near LA so maybe I will have more luck...hopefully...I pray to Zeus. I am hoping to work for Loreal or any other big name cosmetic company.
>>
>>75881570
For PEMEX. They make a shit-ton of money.
>>
>>75882687
>Phew! I live in California near LA so maybe I will have more luck...hopefully...I pray to Zeus. I am hoping to work for Loreal or any other big name cosmetic company.

Those only higher chemE's with PhD's. Even then they are highly competitive.
>>
File: 1468711529151.jpg (160KB, 760x430px) Image search: [Google]
1468711529151.jpg
160KB, 760x430px
I really, really think you should move to Iran
Yea thats a good idea
>>
>>75882715
Damn I don't want to go to graduate school... Too expensive...
>>
>>75882619
>Columbia University
wtf that's an ivy uni innit?
>>
>>75882749
You don't need to pay any money to get your PhD. They pay you. The only problem is you get payed less than min wage and aren't allowed to work any other jobs. Getting your PhD + doing your post doc can take upwards of 8 years of your life during which time you are making the bare minimum you need to stay alive.
American Universities also have the worst safety standards. I chinese factory worker would be appalled at a lot of the shit that goes on. It is common for graduate students to work drunk and safety glasses are never worn by anyone. Everyone eats in the lab even when we are working with genetically modified bacteria and things. GMO stuff is harmless but still it is bad to release that shit into the environment. I had to work with lasers one summer and rather than be issued safety glasses I was just told to close my eyes when I passed through the laser plane.
>>
File: 1415934341951.jpg (9KB, 328x273px) Image search: [Google]
1415934341951.jpg
9KB, 328x273px
>>75881570
>chemical engineer
>Iranian dentist says she would have a job for me if I moved to Iran
>American flag
>>
>>75881570

So... You went to college, graduated, and had no idea what to do with your degree afterwards? Wtf is wrong with you?

You can always get a specialization in something that might be meaningful is some way. Have you tried materials engeneering? With a heavy chem background you'd find a lot of shit to do tbqh.
>>
>>75883019
I went to college with the intent of getting a chemical engineering job. I read the wikipedia page for chemical engineering and it seemed interesting. The BLS said that job prospects were good for chemical engineers.
My mistake was doing academic internships instead of industry internships. I was also wrong in assuming that chemical engineering jobs actually exist.
I originally thought that I wanted to get a masters or PhD so that is why I decided to do academic internships. My GPA wasn't high enough to do that, though.

I guess I could try specializing. I don't like materials engineering, but I would do it if it payed well. I have been applying to sanitation plant jobs. Maybe I should continue down that path.
>>
>>75881570
>chemical engineering
Cooking meth isn't legal, anon.
>>
>>75881570
There are chemical engineering jobs, but the bar test for foreigners was made specially made by the unions to reprove 100% of the applicants.
>>
>>75882509
Capital letters and full stops, you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>75883316
talk to job counselors in your uni, they get paid to help you. try this company

https://www.airliquide.com/
>>
>>75881570
I married a rich woman. We're landlords now. All my degrees were a waste of time. There is no meritocracy fyi.
>>
>>75881570
Take a Phd lazy bum and you will get a nice job
>>
>>75883316

Well, trying for scientific and "discovery" work is more complicated, you really can't find funding unless you are ---REALLY--- good. In that case it predertemines(?) that you have a love for the subject and very extensive amount of time to understand what it is about and that you study a lot.

This sort of people can't be found easily, which is why I'm going for 'scientific internships'(?) in computer science, but I won't be able to know if I will or not get a job in this since I might not be bright enough for it. Luckily I have stuff to fall back on if it goes wrong.

Have you ever thought about making/producing clean(no animal testing) products? I certainly know I'd buy them, since I don't buy things I know do this sort of thing.

>>75883442

Trophy hubby?

>>75883469

That is certain to always help, but not everyone can actually get it. Ir requires what I dumped in the 1st reply.
>>
>>75881570
Pros:
There are TONS of engineering jobs here and you'll get your dick sucked for being american

Cons:
Argentina
>>
>>75884219
Thanks, I will check this out.
>>
>>75883379
t. zhang
>>
>>75884393
Well, in case you are interested, in this site there is info about the requirements to work in the field (you need a professional matriculation). Sadly it seems to be in spanish only

http://www.cpiq.org.ar/web/

There are tons of jobs nationwide both private and statal in engineerings, perhaps also some in american companies (P&G, etc) which can help with the language thing, but I'm guessing most are in Buenos Aires (companies) and Patagonia (oil and resources extraction in this one) is the most.
>>
>>75881570
>>learn how to do shit with oil
>>go to russia, because all the shit here strives on oil, vodka and retardedness of government
>>
>>75883316
>My GPA wasn't high enough to do that, though.
bull-fucking-shit

Maybe it's not high enough specifically for your Ivy League school, but 3.55 is easily enough for most engineering graduate programs. Heck, my uni is the top research/academic engineering school in Canada, and you only need 3.00/4.00 to be admitted to a master's degree (or even less than that if you're just doing courses rather than a thesis).

However, I would recommend not going for a PhD, seeing as that's a huge investment of time which is only worth it if you know for a fact that you'll be able to spend the rest of your life in academia. But a master's is nice middle ground.

Also, I'm sure you've already come to realize this yourself, but our society (or rather, every single society) is EXTREMELY nepotistic. As >>75883442 said, there is no such thing as meritocracy.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.