[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americans think that drinking water is a challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: Americans find this impossible.jpg (42KB, 543x720px) Image search: [Google]
Americans find this impossible.jpg
42KB, 543x720px
Americans think that drinking water is a challenge
>>
>>75878146
>forcing yourself to drink too much water
just dumb
>>
>>75878506
I'm pretty sure that container has the amount of water we're supposed to drink per day.

apparently, many people have problems remembering to drink enough.
>>
I would be pissing non stop if I drank he recommended amount
>>
>>75878578
>remembering to drink enough.
People have spend millenia drinking as much water as they feel like, and they're fine.

I think you should make sure you have water readily available at all times (ie having to climb a flight of stairs and wash a glass to drink is a deterrent) but just listen to your body.
>>
Talked with an african fellow one day who was flabbergasted that i peed yellow
he apparently rarely peed anything but translucide pee

as he was a semi-professional football player, a part time football coach, and 15 cms higher than me i'm guessing that was in the right
>>
Hyeah? Hwull, you try and yabstain from soda pop for twenny four hours and see how good YOU do, buddy!
>>
>>75878812
Why were you guys talking about pissing?
>>75878619
This
>>
why are women like this? just fucking drink it, no need to write on it and post it to social media
>>
>>75878146
that's like a gallon of water, and you're supposed to drink roughly eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day, so since 8 times 8 is 64oz and there's 128 ounces in a gallon whoever is doing this shit is drinking twice the amount of water that they should be.

no wonder it's a challenge, these idiots are literally flushing their bodies with water every day, it's actually probably some sort of diet.

doing some research it turns out that it is. it's a weight loss diet.
>>
File: 1408755171205.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1408755171205.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>75878812
Your pee being yellow is good, since it means that your kidneys are working fine, getting all those toxins out of the things you drink and eat.

But the ideal thing to do is to not eat and drink the things that contain the toxins that make your pee yellow in the first place.
>>
>>75878886
i'm bad at talking

>>75878999
oh yeah i didn't think about that
>>
>>75878971
>gallon
>ounces
>>
File: convertion-metric.jpg (40KB, 385x304px) Image search: [Google]
convertion-metric.jpg
40KB, 385x304px
>>75878971
we don't understand your ooga booga language, please respect the /int/ernational community
>>
I drink 4-5 liters of water a day because food makes you fat, coffee is too expensive and cigarettes are bad for my lungs.
I just need to be consuming some kind of shit or I lose my fucking mind, maybe next time I'll try crack cocaine.
>>
>>75878999
your body produce a good amount of toxins anyway because reasons
drink that water
>>
>>75879358
just don't [spoiler]lose your head[/spoiler]
>>
>>75878767
>People have spend millenia drinking as much water as they feel like, and they're fine.

t. 50 year old

Majority of people dont get enough water, and in result they are more tired, their brain cant function aswell and their skin becomes worse.
Our bodies are very adaptable and pretty durable, if something hurts then its bad enough already
>>
>>75879358
I don't think that's good for you. People die of drinking too much water
>>
>>75878767
>cavemen were fine
>we should still live in caves
you can't "listen" to your body. most people are under hydrated and not aware of the symptoms. so stop being a caveman.
>>
>>75879458
it doesn't work that way
>>
>>75878812
>>75878886
I've noticed doggos always piss yellow. If drinking enough water is a natural instinct, why aren't they doing it?
>>
>>75879466
My body lets me know whenever I'm thirsty, what the fuck lad.
Why would I unnecessary force myself to drink shit I don't want?
>>
>>75879271
>respect
if you are talking respect then look up gallons or stfu
>>
>>75879519
i noticed dogs die at 15 yo and roll themselves in feces
wanna give it a try ?
>>
>>75879528
yeah, fuck that, just drink beer when you are thirsty.
>>
>>75879458
more people die from chocking with food than diluted blood familia, I once drank 10 liters in 23 hours because I was starting with my eating disorders and nothing happened.
>>
>>75879631
*24 hours
>>
>>75879589
Two things.

1. Beer is nasty as fuck, I have no idea why people drink literal pisswater
2. Beer dehydrates me, making my body tell me I should drink water.

Beer is not the solution but the problem.
>>
>>75879519
Drinking water is not a very strong instinct for a lot of animals, cats are supposed to eat "wet" food (crude meat) because they originated in a desertic zone and basically they don't have the instinct to drink water (they only "use" the water from food). Also if you don't give water to doggos they have no way to drink
>>
>>75879631
so?
>le more people die of coconuts than sharks
does that mean you shouldn't worry about sharks? try sucking on ice cubes instead, it makes your brain think you're eating
>>
>>75878886
>not talking about pissing when you meet an African

It's a French custom.
>>
>>75879528
drinking when you're thirsty is a must to even stay alive. that doesn't mean that it's enough.

you can be dehydrated without dropping dead on the spot. instead, you may feel constantly fatigued, among other symptons. a lot of anons on 4chan say that they feel tired all the time. for all I know, they might actually be dehydrated without knowing it.
>>
>>75879358
Impossible that coffee could be too expensive. 90% of my diet is coffee affordable on any budget especially in Italy. Show up at St. Peter's I'm sure Clement will serve you a cup.
>>
>>75879732
But when it freezes you see birds, cats, squirrels licking and pecking at ice
>>
>>75879810
>Italy
>St. Peter's

Thread derailed in 2...1...
>>
>>75879674
alcohol literally causes dehydration, drinking it because you are thirsty is a stupid decision
>>
>>75879528
because modern western diet has a shitload of salt as never before in human history and is very poor of fresh vegetables and fruits (which are a good source of water)
>>
>they microwave water
>>
>>75879806
Alright, elaborate me this: why doesn't my body stay thirsty until I had enough water for the day?

When I'm hungry and I eat, my body tells me when to stop. That's when I'm full and I necessary don't feel like eating any more.
If I ignore the signals of my body and keep eating, I get fat, which is, surprisingly, unhealthy.
>>
>>75879824
Eating ice is often a sign of mineral deficiency though.
Not that they dont eat it for water or just curiousity too. Im not sure.
>>
>>75879824
cat do it because they found it funny
>>
>>75879458
maybe he sweats a lot and don't get enough minerals trough his food, so drinking a lot of water might be good in his situation. specially if his country has a hot weather.
>>
>>75878578
You're supposed to drink when you're thirsty.
Too much water can kill you.
>>
>>75879885
beer can be less than 4% alcohol, it's perfectly viable as emergency water
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1854_Broad_Street_cholera_outbreak
>>
Your pee should be light yellow to translucent at healthy levels.
That means drinking more water than you normally feel like.
>>
>>75880066
no it can't kill you. you won't be able to drink that much. and no, you can't always tell you are dehydrated. you might think you are tired, or have a mild headache etc. that's especially important as you get older (say, past 30, which i guess it is not a problem yet for most posters).
>>
>>75878971
>Be American
>Try to lose your excess water weight by drinking roughly 36¾ furlongs of water a day
>Die
>>
where's Sudanon when you need him
>>
>>75880066
too much water will kill you if you ingest it acutely. you will not die if you drink that amount over the course of the entire day.
>>
>>75880066
>Too much water can kill you

proofs
>>
File: epic_lulz.jpg (61KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
epic_lulz.jpg
61KB, 600x582px
>>75880216
>be american
>lose weight by exercise
>die of heart attack

>be american
>lose weight by drinking water
>die of overhydration

>be american
>lose weight by eating healthier
>die of gunshots
>>
>>75878146
I was laughing at this picture at first but now it just kinda depresses me that someone doesn't drink enough water that they need to encourage themselves and see it as a challenge, have they just drunk coke all their life or something.
>>
>>75880163
>>75880375
>no it can't kill you. you won't be able to drink that much.

"Water intoxication, also known as water poisoning or hyperhydration, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside safe limits by overhydration."

>you can't always tell you are dehydrated
Most people can.
And, you can always look at the color of your pee, or if you have been not drinking water for a day, and feeling a bit down, I think most people would conclude that they need to get some water.
Point being, doctors don't recommend X amount of water per. day. They will tell you to drink when your thirsty.

>>75880330
Well, it's hard yeah. Cases I found they drank like 6l during a short time.
>>
>>75880066
Triple dubs checked
>>
>>75880440
Maybe if youre a pussy.
>>
>>75878767
>I think
Stop doing that and listen to science
>>
>drinking water

Water has no flavor, your better off drinking only a few sodas and some iced tea or lemonade
>>
you don't need to drink a gallon, half a gallon is enough

but additives doesn't count, soda, coffee and tea does not contribute to water intake
>>
>>75878146
Water is so fucking good.
>>
>>75878971
First world measurements, nigger.
>>
>>75880163
I'm a medical student, I've seen it happen. Some athletes lose the notion of how much water they are drinking during execise and end up in hospital with a swollen brain and need to have a craniotomy procedure (drill a hole on the skull to decrease pressure), or else they die.
>>
>>75878146
Says the monkey who probably drinks nothing but soda and liquor.
>>
>>75879453
>they are more tired, their brain cant function aswell and their skin becomes worse
that's called living
>>
>>75882243
>soda, coffee and tea does not contribute to water intake
You fucking moron.
>>
>>75880066
>You're supposed to drink when you're thirsty.
commie
>>
File: 1491170934538.jpg (69KB, 484x528px) Image search: [Google]
1491170934538.jpg
69KB, 484x528px
>>75882243
>>
>>75878506
>>75878578
water per day depends on person and given day, everything affects it. Really you should drink depending on if you're thirsty or not.Either these people are drinking too much water or they never drink plain water/don't drink enough water and so can't do it without a "challenge". For most people being thirsty is enough to retain healthy input of water.
>>
I drink a lot of water every day and rarely touch sugary drinks.
>>
>>75880066

thirsts means dehydration, and that isn't supposed to happen in a healthy body.
>>
drinking that much water would surely be a challenge, if you can even read what it's implying.

which I suppose you must be able to, unless critical understanding isn't your forte
>>
One of the worst things I ever saw was in a supermarket about three weeks ago. These white trash goobers (dude, his old lady, and their 3 year old-ish kid) had two 20-packs of soda in their cart. Now how in the actual fuck can two average adults and one preschool-aged child possibly drink that much soda?
>>
>>75883993

I presume it will be another year before you see them with this soda
>>
>>75882243
>tea does not contribute to water intake
i've had enough of americans on this website
>>
>>75883908
yes it is. so long as you dont stay thirsty for more than 7 mins its okay.
>>
>>75883713
True, but I read that it is usually a combination of various factors, i.e. in athletes it is not just drinking too much water. Apparently high physical stress causes an increased secretion of some kind of a anti-diuretic hormone which leads to an increased water conservation by kidneys. So water has nowhere to go and fills the blood cells and then enters brain and then AAAA NIGHMARE.
>>
>>75884058

I think he's showing your kind up, to be frank

You should really inquire more about Easter, that'll get you back in I should think.
>>
File: IMG_5727.jpg (14KB, 288x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5727.jpg
14KB, 288x224px
>>75878146
>dumbass sister thinks that drinking healthy smoothies will make her lose weight
>is trying to go soda-less...except she still "treats herself" on occassions

WHAT. THE. FUGG.
This shit seriously pisses me off and I've already told her that if she ever wants to see results she also needs to exercise and change her diet. Like does she actually expect to wake up one day with the perfect weight with toned muscles because she makes herself a fucking strawberry smoothie? Are all women such fucking brainlets? Fucking dumb bitch always complaining about exhaustion and acne when she lives a sedentary life.
>>
File: ?.png (92KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
92KB, 500x500px
>>75884202
did somebody just say... easter?
>>
>>75884239
women, emotionally speaking, are literally children

More breaking news at 11
>>
>>75878999
Your body produces toxic metabolites from everything you eat. Thats why the kidneys exist in the first place, you stupid monkey.
>>
>>75884276
women, statistically speaking, have a higher emotional IQ than males.
>>
>>75884520
you, statistically speaking, are a homosexual chink
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 203x196px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 203x196px
>>75884520
>emotional IQ
>>
>>75884520
It's called EQ, cunt
>>
>>75878146
Just drink when you're thirsty.
Seriously, the health craze has led to so much misinformation.
>>
>>75886169
don't care x
>>
>>75880163
yes it can
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.