[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If race is just a social construct, then does that mean that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 20170606_004647.png (564KB, 711x676px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_004647.png
564KB, 711x676px
If race is just a social construct, then does that mean that ancestryDNA is a scam? Cuz I really want to find out if my grandmother was actually part Native or not.
>>
ethnicity is not race
race is an invented category to group people based on non-scientific methodology of geography or whatever

sure you can find out but what "race" do you want to be? know what i am saying
>>
>>75730278
I know that race and ethnicity are different, I'm just confused about how all our DNA is basically the same, but it's...not? Like, if there is no such thing as race, then how can our DNA tell us where we come from? Also I already know I'm a mutt, I don't care what my "race" is, I just want to know if my Grandma was part Native or not cuz someone told me she was. I'm just stupid, I've never been good with science. Pls help
>>
race doesn't tell you where you are from, not more than genetic groups

so the race for native is just american india but your genetic marker will tell you the specific type

so race is a pointless consideration
>>
>>75730430
>india
indian
>>
>>75730248
>ancestryDNA is a scam
pretty much, i read a book with a whole chapter taking their tests and results to pieces and shaming them. it was either called bad science, or something like the story of all us.
>>
>>75730278
>race is an invented category to group people based on non-scientific methodology of geography or whatever
Is dog breeds' classification unscientific too?

>>75730430
Race is a common phenotype of some people who live in the same area, if you think that human of Nordic phenotype can appear in India of black Drawidi can appear in Finland you're retarded.
>>
So... Bill Nye is exactly like the FOB Pajeet that just arrived, hoping to take an unsuspecting white girl? NEWS TO ME!
>>
>>75730491
the racial categories are too broad

nordic is the same as other european
they are just caucasian

sure nordic phenotype exist, but the say i take dog breed from europe and called it the "european" dog that's not scientific
>>
If you find out you're not part native i'd be happy to put some native in you
>>
>>75730393
You don't get it. The categories that we call races are based solely on appearance and they vary wildly based on a person's beliefs.

With DNA we have other, more scientific, categories that don't always overlap with "races"

That's what "There are no scientific races" means.
>>
>>75730542
That doesn't mean that whites and shitskins don't have different DNA.
>>
>>75730248
I can't believe such an educated man would say that an australian aboriginal subhuman is the same as an average anglo-saxon
what a faggot
Also it's not just the color of the skin, it's all the body, but whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.