[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Germans such LARPers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: Salic Law is half-French latin.png (565KB, 691x840px) Image search: [Google]
Salic Law is half-French latin.png
565KB, 691x840px
The connation between French and Franks is well established yet it is common to hear bullshit like :
"the Franks were a Germanic tribe" or "Clovis and Charlemagne were Germans", or the "Lex Salica(French Law) is a Germanic code", and so on

In the same way the connection between Veneti/Wends/Vandals and Polish is well-established as well (infact in Old French Vandals are called Wends) yet we hear often Germanic claiming Vandals as their.

Still in the same way it is common to hear that "Germans went to war against the Romans during the Cimbrian War" while in fact these are Danes.

My question is why are Germans such LARPers, i mean they are a made up of several ethnicities like Franconians, Saxons, Thuringians, Bavarians, Alemanians, Frisians and can claim the accomplishment of several people, THUS, why do they need to steal the accomplishmments of other people ?

¨PS : Same goes for the Lombards in Italy, and the Swabians in Galicia, or the Goths in Spain.
>>
>>75710763
France didn't exist at that time, retard.
>>
File: Free Lesson of Greek and Latin.png (2MB, 3432x1616px) Image search: [Google]
Free Lesson of Greek and Latin.png
2MB, 3432x1616px
>>75711067
>France didn't exist at that time, retard.
Here is a free course of latin for you retard

France is the primarly attested during the third century when it was named in the Panegyrici Latini
>>
>>75711067
By the way why are you talking about France ?
>>
>>75710763
>i mean they are a made up of several ethnicities like Franconians
I wonder who the Franconians could be the descendants of... Hmmmm... Perhaps the Franks?
>>
Modern French people are just Mediterraneans(specifically Italians) in denial
>>
File: French.png (1MB, 2316x780px) Image search: [Google]
French.png
1MB, 2316x780px
>>75711297
Franconians are called Francones in Latin, while Clovis (in latin) is a Francus and he was Rex Francorum same goes for Charlemagne

If Charlemagne or Clovis were related to them they would have been called Franconus and Rex Franconorum

>>75711421
>Modern French people are just Mediterraneans

And so were Franks, Nigel
>>
Reminder that Charlemagne was an ethnic Celto-Brython
>>
>>75711630
>since the children and grandchildren of Charlemagne are depicted with brown hair and eyes, they must be French.
Charlemagne himself had fair hair and light eyes, so I guess that confirms he was Germanic :^)
>>
>>75711735
>Charlemagne himself had fair hair and light eyes

Nope

Charlemagne has canities hair which mean grey from old age, and there is no preicsion of his eye color as far as i know

Nice try tho
>>
File: charlemagne.jpg (95KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne.jpg
95KB, 334x250px
>>75711821
Here he is depicted with blue eyes, which is apparently all the evidence we need to draw a conclusion on his ethnicity.
>>
ITT dumb FN voters
>>
>>75711947
Silence, commie shitskin.
>>
>>75712006
A real idiot, like I said.
>>
>>75711946
>"In Vita Karoli his biographer and former courtier Einhard describes the looks of Charlemagne in detail. Charlemagne was a large man, with light coloured hair ..."
>>
>>75711946
>late depiction

Nope

My depictions are all contemporary depictions taken from the Carolingian Illuminations while yours is a later depiction with no solid basis
>>
>>75710763
>In the same way the connection between Veneti/Wends/Vandals and Polish is well-established as well (infact in Old French Vandals are called Wends) yet we hear often Germanic claiming Vandals as their.
They became indistinguishable with Venedi and Zarubintsy people, mostly because they lived together for a very long time and exchanged culture, women etc etc. Besides. Their origin is pretty much the same as they carried R1a, just like rest of the Corded Ware people. So it was more like a meeting of two groups and ex-changing what they learned along the way instead of a conquest.
>>
>>75712091
kys ys
>>
File: Grey hair.png (239KB, 1194x862px) Image search: [Google]
Grey hair.png
239KB, 1194x862px
>>75712118

As usual you're lying

Once again the term is canities
>>
>>75712376
t. jealous Romano-Celt who got cucked by Celto-Germanics
>>
File: Franks not Germanic 2.png (933KB, 886x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Franks not Germanic 2.png
933KB, 886x1036px
Here is a GENUINE depiction of the Franks of the tho

>>75712218
>So it was more like a meeting of two groups and ex-changing what they learned along the way instead of a conquest.

If they both already belonged to R1a when they met, it can be said that they belonged to the same Meta-Ethnicity at least, am i wrong ?
>>
>>75710763
did you get triggered on /his/?
>>
Vandals spoke an east germanic language tho, and probably came from vendel in sweden or vendsyssel in denmark
>>
>>75716649
I was indeed triggered by repeated lies on /his/ but i easily BTFO'd them, the instant they brought genetics, it is pretty easy that to prove that our ancestors weren't Germanic when they looked like pic related

Anyway, the only thing that g*rms can do is to create Nordic looking Franks on Crusader Kings 2 to prove that we aren't the same people
>>
>>75712553
>If they both already belonged to R1a when they met, it can be said that they belonged to the same Meta-Ethnicity at least, am i wrong ?
Culture matters a lot.
They evolved in much different environment, even though they had the same origin.

But at the time of raids on Rome they've became one people.
>>
>>75716783
>Vandals spoke an east germanic language tho
No one denies that though. Vandals quickly became a confederation.

And Goths are much trickier subject, because them coming from Gotland is a nice romanticized story, but many people argue that they might have become a thing known for all of us during their stay close to Vistula, when they already started to mix and assimilate the natives.

Germanic either way, not much in common with modern widely-known Germans though. More with Scandis, West Slavs(those in East Germany too) and Scots if anything.
>>
English are Britons that speak a Germanic language
Turks are Anatolians that speak a Turkic language
South and Central Germans are Celts that speak a Germanic language
East Germans are Slavs that speak a Germanic language

Race was never equal to language
>>
>>75716783
This >>75718469 was meant for you
>>
I like Frenchmen when they go full snowflake than when they claim they are Germanic, good job.
>>
File: Franks 1.jpg (3MB, 3088x2980px) Image search: [Google]
Franks 1.jpg
3MB, 3088x2980px
>>75722598

You're misuserstanding my goal, my goal isn't to prove that we're Germanic, we're obviously not but to prove that our ancestors weren't Germanic which is pretty easy since all Germanic are according to Tacitus :

>4. For my own part, I agree with those who think that the tribes of Germany are free from all taint of intermarriages with foreign nations, and that they appear as a distinct, UNMIXED RACE, like none but themselves. Hence, too, the same physical peculiarities throughout so vast a population. All have FIERCE BLUE EYES, RED HAIR, HUGE FRAMES, fit only for a sudden exertion. They are less able to bear laborious work. Heat and thirst they cannot in the least endure; to cold and hunger their climate and their soil inure them.
While the Franks are less tall than the Norrthmen, and are brown and dark haired.
>>
>>75710763

>"the Franks were a Germanic tribe"

Eh, they were, Pierre.

>"yet we hear often Germanic claiming Vandals as their. "

And they were, Pierre.

But ofc with most germanic tribes it all depends on when and where.

The Franks of the III century were pure germanics living in the holy jungle. The Franks of the IV century had been offered by the Romans to jump the wall and dwell this side of the wall, with the local lads and ladettes, on condition of watching out that wall and keep other germanics out. The French franks of the IX century were as "germanic" as Pedro DeVar Ibn-Hashim Wang Tao, from Tuscaloosa, USA is "white american".

Same with the Vandals, originally. Then they split, separate, confederate, slurped some Hunnic semen, took a tour all over Yurop and North Africa accepting all kind of bandwagoners in... so it's all about when and where.
>>
File: ficki ficki.png (239KB, 329x848px) Image search: [Google]
ficki ficki.png
239KB, 329x848px
>>75723342

>Eh, they were, Pierre.

Nope

They were Pannonian Celts as proved by their black/brown hair

Germanic are red haired as Tacitus said

>Same with the Vandals, originally. Then they split, separate, confederate, slurped some Hunnic semen, took a tour all over Yurop and North Africa accepting all kind of bandwagoners in... so it's all about when and where.

Nice cuck fantazy but such thing never happened and it is the huns that took our dick
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.