[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada literally sold half of a major city to China I though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1425868442095.jpg (18KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1425868442095.jpg
18KB, 220x230px
Canada literally sold half of a major city to China

I though Melb and Sydney were bad but they're nothing compared to Vancouver

Why is it that regular people have no qualms with selling off major chunks of their country?
>>
>>75566726
We sold a farm the size of Belgium to the chinks mate
>>
Because it's profitable? Is there any other reason within the contraints of the current economical system, OP?
>>
>>75566778
Wasn't that blocked?
>>
>>75566803
No, Gina became a co-owner and they let it through
>>
File: 1459437089881s.jpg (12KB, 249x236px) Image search: [Google]
1459437089881s.jpg
12KB, 249x236px
you are now aware that poms own more land in your cunt than their home country's entire area
>>
>>75566778

dont forget all the mines they own
>>
>>75566821
they tried to buy an entire power grid a while back too
>>
I had a math teacher in high school who one day went on a rant about how the chinese are buying american potato farms to gain control of our food supply.
>>
>Vancouver will be 50% Asian by 2030
>>
China is based and is going to start the Third Era of Colonialism.
>>
>>75566903
it already is
>>
File: 1496127463202.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496127463202.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>75566726
Australia? I know 澳大利亞
>>
>>75566778
Quite wrong.

They sold a whole bunch of assets and farms to both Gina and the Chinese, but the farm you're speaking of (Anna Creek Station) was never sold to the Chinese, its now owned by Williams Cattle Co, an SA cattle company.
>>
I don't get what's so bad about letting China buy property in your land.
If anything it means China becomes more vulnerable to foreign powers because in a serious conflict Western governments could freeze all those assets or even nationalize it without compensation if the Chinks tried to act up.
In essence they are spending a ton of money to develop parts of your country but allow it to be put under your jurisdiction and to be defended (or not) by your law enforcement
>>
>>75567010
I'm not talking about Anna Creek. I can't remember its name, but it definitely wasn't called that
>>
>>75567041
Anna Creek is the only station the size of Belgium, for it's the largest in the world.

So whatever farm you're thinking of, isn't that big.
>>
>>75567015
Chinese demand for Australian land has made it impossible for young Australians to afford houses. Also if what >>75566829 mentioned ocurred we'd be pretty fucked in a serious conflict wirh China.

Also muh jerbs and shit.
>>
>>75567086
Only in Melbourne and Sydney. Prices in other states are still reasonable. Perth hit a low recently if I remember things correctly
>>
>>75566938
It's *only* 30% plus 10% Indian.

For comparison Sydney is 19% Asian including south Asians and Melbourne is 18.2%

Other major cities are around 10%
>>
>>75567086
Remember that you fucks are the ones who literally flew all the way to china to advertise your real estate to them. Blame your own greedy ass first.
>>
>>75567245
We should advertise you guys instead
>>
>>75567041
After looking through the list, I can assure you none of the top 14 largest farms in Australia are even so little as co-owned by any Chinese companies, all Australian owned.

>>75567086
No, the housing problems in Sydney and Melbourne cant be blamed on the Chinese, it's just retarded.

The main issue that can be traced back to the housing bubble in Syd and Melb come back to that Sydney and Melbourne both had a record low dwelling construction approval rates right between 1995-2001. Almost as low as when the GFC hit. Sydney and Melbourne for 6 consecutive years, were building houses like they were in the middle of a financial crisis. While they did catch up for a year or 2, then the GFC did hit, and the growth never fully came back.

The demand was high and supply, for the past 20 years, has been low.
>>
>>75567100
>Perth hit a low recently if I remember things correctly

Because the WA economy is faltering. The WA budget has no net gain at all, every year from last year I believe, the Western Australian state is losing money. The reason housing prices are falling there is because theres an excess of houses because they're seeing a higher amount of WA'ers moving to other states.
>>
>>75566726
which major city? Richmond is not what i would call 'major'.
>>
>>75567686
and the Perth property market is still more expensive than a lot of the other cities
>>
>>75566726
>regular people have no qualms
Except these are the only people who care in Canada, it's the politicians, lawyers, and business people who keep trying to convince everyone it's a good thing.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.