[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about you're cunts regional dialects.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: diausa.gif (15KB, 855x514px) Image search: [Google]
diausa.gif
15KB, 855x514px
Tell me about you're cunts regional dialects.
>>
>>
>>75421861
>north midland
THIS STUPID FUCKING MEME MUST DIE. THE MORON THAT MADE THIS LUMPS IN URBAN NJ WITH SOMEONE FROM NORTHERN RURAL TEXAS WHAT THE HONEST SHIT
>>
Inland Northern ftw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rexhYE2QjPU
>>
>>75421861
It's all a big north-south west-east continuum. Usually the further south/east, the more redneck-like accents. Then you have the far northwest area around Galicia with transition memelanguages like asturianu.
>>
I live in number 6 area
sound here
http://cvc.instituto-camoes.pt/hlp/geografia/som9.html

Do you want to hear the accent from any other numbers?
>>
>>75422338
>>
This is just a general map, there's gorillions of dialects, some are pretty hard to understand sometimes, especially to capital dwellers like me.
>>
>>75421861

Everyone accuses everyone else of speaking in a sing-song sort of way.
>>
>>75421861
new englanders aside from some mainers and massholes, just sound the same and have a neutral american accent.
>>
>>75424365
Which one has that weird rising entonation that sounds like the spanish speaking equivalent of a valley girl.
>>
>>75421861
In towns all over Poland everybody speaks literary language. In the countryside the dialects are present but number of speakers decreases every year with old people dying. Youth speaks literary language no matter if in town or in countryside. The first time I've heard Polish dialect in everyday use was in Lithuania, where Polish minority is not under influence of Polish media which kills dialects.
>>
>>75424693

Altiplano. Specifically from lower-income neighborhoods in CDMX.
>>
>>75421861
>>
American dialect words are just fast food restaurant names that don't exist in other states.
>>
>>75421861
>florida
>remotely close to southern
FUCK OFF
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
>>75421861
I find this map weird

there's massive stretches with the same accent, yet tiny areas have their own unique accents like "gullah" and "louisiana"
>>
>>75428776
Because it's a fucking miserable map. To say nothing of how ridiculously inaccurate it is.

This one is better >>75426625
>>
File: C-4IutoXgAA8-Yp.jpg (276KB, 1200x1139px)
C-4IutoXgAA8-Yp.jpg
276KB, 1200x1139px
The dialects in France are divided in three families : language of oïl (north), language of oc (south) and francoprovençal (Alps). "Oïl" and "oc" are different ways to say "yes". "Oïl" became "oui" in french. Contrary to popular belief, french isn't the dialect of Paris, it comes from all the part I have encircled in red.
Langues d'oc is also named "occitan".

The difference between the langues d'oïl and langues d'oc is that the South (in red, that you may know as Occitania) hasn't been as much exposed to the franks than the North (in yellow), so the dialects are closer to the other romance languages and are less complicated than french.
Normand and cauchois (in red, north) are languages of oïl, but they have some nordic words, hence the distinction.
The green dialects in the north (lorrain, franc-comtois, picard, chtimi, wallon and jersiais) are also languages of oïl, but I don't know what makes them different.

The blue and green parts between the yellow North and red South are "in between" languages. They look and sound like a mix between the langues d'oïl and the langues d'oc.
Francoprovençal (blue), wrongly named "arpitan", is the third group. It has common traits with the langues d'oïl and the langues d'oc but it's its own family.
Green in the west is poitevin-saintongeais, a language of oïl heavily marked by the languages of oc.

Breton (in orange, extreme left) is celtic.
Alsatian and francique (in purple, extreme right) are germanic languages (but that doesn't mean they are really close to german).
Flemish (in purple, in the extreme north) is a dutch dialect, catalan (in purple, extreme south) is very close to the languages of oc, corse is an italian dialect and basque is ayy lmao dialect. (actually it's just an old indo-european languages almost unchanged despite the years)
>>
>>75430070
The dialects themselves can have some sub-dialects, which are slightly different. Sometimes it's quite different but not enough to be its own dialect.

Here is a map for the provençal, which is a language of oc (or a dialect of the languages of oc, but really the differences between a language, a dialect and a sub-dialect... are blurred and confusing so we don't really give a fuck)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.