[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for American from a French. If I had the opportunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0773.jpg (427KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.jpg
427KB, 1600x1024px
Question for American from a French.
If I had the opportunity to go work in any of the big towns of the US, which one should I prefer?

Criteria include:
Good weather
People with good mentality
Lot of young people

That might be my situation in a couple of years.
>>
Not American but I think many towns/cities in Utah would fit your description.
>>
What constitutes good weather and a good mentality for you?
>>
>>75392576
>Good weather
>People with good mentality
Pick one
>>
>>75392576
Fuck off we're full
>>
>>75393719
Sunny
Good mentality I mean not too superficial but still like to party hard.
>>
Come on guys gimme a hand.
I was thinking of San Diego.
>>
>>75392576
Austin, easily
>>
Austin, Texas.
Nice and sunny. Texans are honest, hard working people. A lot of young people are going to Austin. It's a growing area. They aren't rural and suburban retards like the rest of Texas either.
>>
>>75392872
LOL as long as you're in the mormon club
>>75394351
pretty good choice... maybe a city in the south like Austin if you want a better mentality
>>
>>75394351
You don't want to live in Commiefornia. The taxes will kill you, but I guess you're used to that.
>>
>>75395116
>>75395132
>>75395197
Lot of Austin people here
>>
>>75392576
Denver is the current "Young People" city
>>
>>75395281
lel nope. we are from all over the country. I'm from PA, other guy is from MD. recommend the extra flags app
>>
>>75395281
I live in Maryland and it's a shithole, but I just know that Austin is a nice place, and a tech city that is growing fast.
>>
>>75395311
And what would you say would be a decent pay to live in a city like Austin when 30yo?
Im 27 now.
>>
>>75395565
$50,000 in Austin would probably be a living wage
>>
>>75392576
>People with good mentality
I'm sorry.
>>
fuck OFF
>>
>>75395266
>The taxes will kill you, but I guess you're used to that
>Luxembourg
America stop
>>
>>75395711
Gross?
For the job I would be doing it would be an annual gross pay of 70kUSD.
With the tax rate calculator I found that would give approximately 50kUSD net, or 4200 net monthly.
I'm really curious of what the rent prices are for apartments.
>>
>>75396048
If you brought home $50k, you'd be ok.

Go check out apt rates on zillow.com or realtor.com
>>
>>75396245
Thanks mate
>>
austin is alright as others say
lots of ny transplants though
>>
>>75396861
You mean culturally or people?
>>
>>75397176
sorry don't understand your question
>>
>>75397217
What did you mean by ny transplants?
>>
>>75397681
People born/raised in New York and have moved to Austin
>>
>>75397894
Ok thats what I understood
>>
>>75397894
do you know why that's so common btw?
>>
>>75398229
no idea
>>
>>75398229
i met one of them when i was on a business trip there and he seemed pretty self conscious about driving a big truck and his relatives back up north teasing him about cowboy life styles etc. he told me that he wanted to sell his oversized truck and buy a volvo instead :D
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.