[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a mistake to learn Spanish at the same time as French?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1490874045713.jpg (449KB, 828x943px) Image search: [Google]
1490874045713.jpg
449KB, 828x943px
Is it a mistake to learn Spanish at the same time as French?
>>
Yes, you're just going to mix them up.
>>
>>75321591

Why would you think it would be a mistake to learn two separate languages at the same time? Spanish is easy by the way.
>>
>>75321625

Both are Romance, kind of figured >>75321618
would happen.

I like to hear different perspectives on this.
>>
>>75321591
yes, you'll mix up some similar words, i tried to learn italian and portuguese at the same time and it fucked me up
>>
>>75321591
Yes. You'll confound the words and mess up the pronunciation I guess.
Learn one at a time. First spanish, because it's easier and not autistic.

Actually you could just stop at spanish because I don't see why you would learn french unless you want to work in Québec.
>>
>>75321720

There is an obvious difference when you hear someone speaking Spanish and French. However, I would recommend learning only 1 language at a time.
>>
>>75321783
>There is an obvious difference when you hear someone speaking Spanish and French
>american flag
didn't expect that tbqh
>>
File: afuckingleaf.jpg (61KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
afuckingleaf.jpg
61KB, 585x560px
>>75321759

French mostly for a cushy government job.
Spanish for senoritas.
>>
>>75321880

My parents immigrated to USA so they speak Spanish at home.
>>
>>75323314
You have to go back
>>
Yes. Big mistake.

First, learning two languages at once will always take more time than learning them successively.

Second, if you are still doing it, only learn two different languages. This doesn't apply to Spanish and French. You are going to mix shit up all the time. Bad idea.
>>
>>75323346

Yes, but where exactly to?
>>
>>75323376

That seems to be a train wreck of a misconception that keeps repeating. If you are dumb (or lazy) enough to mix two languages up, you probably would not do that well to begin with and reconsider learning languages. Grammar matures with you in my opinion, so I think it is best to study a few at the time (so you don't forget the one you knew before or currently).
If you struggle and are slurring two together, just remind yourself of the language you are in and wait a few minutes.
>>
>>75321720
both are romance, thats exactly why you will mess up very easily if you learn both at once.
learn one first and then go to the other.
>>
>>75321591
Just go for it, I'd see problems arising if you tried to learn Italian and Spanish at the same time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.