[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This kills the Amerifat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: nva-platoon-leader.jpg (131KB, 845x639px) Image search: [Google]
nva-platoon-leader.jpg
131KB, 845x639px
This kills the Amerifat.
>>
File: GIhunter.jpg (100KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
GIhunter.jpg
100KB, 800x877px
>no communist vietnamese waifu to purge capitalist invaders with
>>
>>75313180
Pretty sure the Vietcong did more damage mi hermano.
>>
File: ThunderchiefNapalm.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ThunderchiefNapalm.webm
1MB, 640x360px
This kills the communist
>>
Vietnam War threads are boring anyway.
>>
>>75313300
Not really. They were totally wiped from existence in the Tet Offensive.
>>
we killed the shit out of them though

Kill-wise, it was total victory, but politically it was a loss
>>
The big mistake was removing Diem; even Ho Chi Minh was bewildered at why we would depose him.
>>
File: S-75-5247.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
S-75-5247.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>75313339
This kills american pilot
>>
>>75313180
it aint me
>>
File: modjakhedy-3.jpg (164KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
modjakhedy-3.jpg
164KB, 800x517px
>>75315606
This kills the Russian.
>>
File: wild weasel.jpg (317KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
wild weasel.jpg
317KB, 1200x960px
>>75315606
This kills the SAM site
>>
File: 231.png (11KB, 312x278px) Image search: [Google]
231.png
11KB, 312x278px
>>75315850
Its actually vice versa
>>
>>75313180
Good job.

You posted what will be the most *triggered* thread of the day when everyone starts posting. I'm just gonna watch the lulz.
>>
>>75315530
Diem was a controversial figure because he was influenced by his brother and sister in law. His sister in law in particular was extremely callous towards Buhddists, mocking them when they self-immolated in protest. This in turn had a very negative image of the South Vietnamese towards their government, especially amongst majority Buhddists who saw it as a continuation of colonization and a encroaching of the Catholic religion. However, to say that justified his assassination by JFK is questionable
>>
"Somehow I lived 79 years before I ever knew there was a country named Laos."

-- Winston Churchill
>>
>>75316047
You ever seen the film The Beast 1998?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jEQchTqaKA

Great film
>>
>>75313180
Good.
>>
>>75316257
He wouldn't have known because Laos was part of French Indochina, then the Japanese imperial expansion, then he was handed control of Indochina after WW2, and he chose to give it back to the French, who continued to carefully divide French Indochina up in weird ways to break up the populace, then finally after the First Indochina War did Laos become a truly independent nation, which is about when Churchill turned 80.
>>
>>75316333
Yeah, I agree it was stupid that he was assassinated. My grandfather, who worked under him, is still upset at the CIA
>>
>>75316254
Diem was an autocratic bully BUT he knew how to handle commies and he did have legitimate credentials as a patriot during the independence war against the French, and he did not compare to the Soviet Union, China, and North Vietnam for brutality and use of mass terror (this was during the same era where Mao Zedong starved 40 million Chinese). The corrupt idiots that followed after him were little more than paid agents of the US State Department.
>>
>>75316441
see >>75316418
>>
>>75316369
Churchill also said something to the effect that he'd never known a single thing about Guatemala prior to the 1954 coup.
>>
>>75316509
Not just that, but if you study CIA ops and US foreign policy in the 50s-60s, there was an astounding ignorance in Washington of countries, cultures and even basic geography (for example, during the Bay of Pigs invasion they underestimated the length of Cuba by quite some distance).

Think. Unemployed neckbeards on /int/ know more about the world than our nations' leaders did 60 years ago.
>>
>>75316663
Heh, to be fair we have up-to-date satellite imaging and the internet to disseminate info. idk how they even measured countries back then
>>
>>75316663
Communications between US officials and Ho Chi Minh during the 1940s were in French, since there were probably all of 5 people in the whole country who could speak Vietnamese. CIA operations in Burma and Tibet during the 50s encountered similar problems (the British at least knew a little about those particular places).
>>
>>75316663
iirc we got our act together after the book Ugly Americans came out.
>>
>>75313180
>>75313268
Third Worldism is best worldism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7FpwAa-Ls
>>
>>75316932
The CIA did get a lot better and more professional in the later Cold War period unlike the Keystone Cops of the 50s-60s (some of those Castro assassination plots came straight out of a bad comedy film).
>>
>>75317188
This.
>>
We should have just listened to Curtis LeMay and invaded Cuba after the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Soviets weren't going to fight and die for Castro, there's convincing evidence that they wouldn't have fired off their nuclear missiles either during October 1962 either--the missiles on Cuba didn't have launch codes issued and could not be fired without direct orders from Moscow. Nukes were a last resort weapon that they probably wouldn't use unless Soviet territory was directly threatened. That and the US had the Soviet Union surrounded on three sides with missiles and nuclear bombers so we'd probably reduce them to ash before they could do same to us.

Actually the situation during Reagan's first term was a lot worse and more frightening than the CMC because the Soviets had a vastly bigger nuclear arsenal and which was far more reliable than anything available in 1962, at a time when ballistic missile tests blew up in the air or on the launching stand on a regular basis.
>>
>>75313180
If we actually helped Chiang Kai Shek and Ho Chi Minh we could have had China and Vietnam be Democratic allies against the Soviet Union and Communist China would be burned to the ground.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.