[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why they disappeared? Genocide? Assimilation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1488145758681.png (110KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
1488145758681.png
110KB, 498x332px
Why they disappeared? Genocide? Assimilation?
>>
>>75292491
Assimilation.
They were annexed by France and their culture slowly disappeared. It's not completely dead though, but now it's only a peasant culture since almost nobody feels "occitan" anymore. It's just a meme now.

>inb4 le angry parisian
"Occitania" always existed under different names. This new name is kind of autistic though. Should be "Occitat" or something I guess.
>>
>>75292694
>inb4 le angry parisian post*
>>
>>75292694
The same here with the ''oc'' piemonteis, but here it's even funnier because they conquered the rest of the Peninsula but now their culture is diying
>>
>>75292694
>inb4 le angry parisian

Realtalk now, why are Parisians so angry?

They honestly can't seem to go five years without burning half of Paris down with riots
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (100KB, 322x663px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
100KB, 322x663px
Genocide, reminder that Occitania was the land of the troubadours
>>
>>75292491
During WW1, people from the north and south of France couldn't understand themselve.
Republican education and assimilation made miracles.
Occitania is literraly a meme today. It exist even less than Britanny.
>>
Not a single city spoke the same language
They hated each other
They welcomed the french king with relief
>>
>>75292694
This, by Francois I, French was the sole administrative language allowed in France. During the French revolution, a lot of efforts were made to centralize everything further than it was in Paris.
The Third republic dealt a massive blow with mandatory education that only teached French and shamed regional languages (if you speak a regional language, you're uneducated) harshely.
But what killed them was the urbanization of the 40s-50s, where everyone moved to the city for better condition of life, cities where you only speak french.
That's why only old people in their countryside still speak occitan or Breton, since they're much less normalized than city folks
>>
>>75293364
Here in Piemont there is a strong revival of occitan vivaroalpine. In the valleys people are obsessed with this topic
>>
>>75293167
Centralisation, they think they are the center of France (they kinda are) and they want everybody to be like them. They are WE WUZER sometimes and unironically believe all the good stereotypes about themselves.
They call the parts of France that aren't Paris "provinces", like in the Roman Empire. That should tell you about their arrogance...

>>75293284
The Cathars were genocided.
Catharism is a religion, and not all occitans were cathars.

>>75293833
apparently it's starting to revive in Toulouse but I'm not sure
>>
>>75294264
These kind of revival are strange because a standard oc never existed ... you go from piemonteis to gascon to alvernhat etc etc. Plus all the former oc zones now are maghrebi colonies (even Turin)
>>
>>75294264
Not all the ocs were Cathars ... but all the Cathars were ocs
>>
>>75295175
This, the first efforts of standardization happened in the 20 century, but then there is the marseille norm, the toulouse norm, the francoprovencal... Basically 3 languages, I think occitan would be the toulousain one
>>
>>75295226
>>75295226
The ''purest'' forms of vivaroaupenc are spoken here in our valleys and in your side (the Mercantour area) and there are even native speakers (mostly in their 80s). Idk if in Languedoc there are still native speakers
>>
French anons, some years ago I visited Pyrenean France (Ax Les-Thermes, Albiès area) and I was surprised by their weird, barely understandable accent, as I only know some standard French. Do people usually mock that accent?
>>
>>75295467
Still more understandable than catalans. Seriously, they speak like they have a potato in their mouths
>>
>>75295467
People in the South have a really strong accent. It's even stronger in Provence (south-east) imo.
Everybody mock these accents, even southerners who don't have it (ike me). It's to imitate the way of life of southerners, in a stereotypical way, who supposedly likes simple life and plentiful wine/pastis, more than to imitate the peasants. Like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-pw6KOs6s
But it's not condescending mockery (unless for the parisians)
>>
>>75296117
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sdq9IfY9ESA
>>
>>75297635
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hU6YvgdbN8
>>
>>75292694
>Occitania" always existed under different names

Occitan never existed its true name is Provence and didn't include Gasconie which ethnically diggerent from "Occtians"
>>
File: muret battle.png (905KB, 658x1688px) Image search: [Google]
muret battle.png
905KB, 658x1688px
>>75293284
>my ancestors going full KKK on the wogs

wew, F
>>
>>75301730
>those numbers

can't be real
>>
>>75301993
french crusaders, best crusaders desu
>>
File: Victory.png (84KB, 356x709px) Image search: [Google]
Victory.png
84KB, 356x709px
>>75301993
How can Romans even compete ?
>>
>>75292491
Because by allah as my witness fuck seperatists.
>>
>>75301993

They pretty much are. They took them totally by surprise and unready for battle and went full croissant'uh'agbar :DD on them.

And that's how the catalan dream of an occitan empire died in one day.

Well done Simon, mon ami. Well done.
>>
Still, occitan dialects are the perfect romance languages because are betweeb italics, iberians and oil dialects.
>>
>>75302848
>>75302036
except that those numbers aren't real, who the fuck can believe that ffs
>>
>>75303950
t. butthurt catalan

Occitania is french, deal with it, m8
>>
>>75300638
>Occitan never existed its true name is Provence
are you stupid

read a little of that please
>>
>>75309314
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_de_l%27Occitanie
forgot link
>>
Mistralian norm is shit
>>
>>75309358
>Cette section est vide, insuffisamment détaillée ou incomplète. Votre aide est la bienvenue !
>Fautes omniprésentes

Did you create it ?
>>
>>75311879
No
>>
se sabiatz mon pais, a ni nom ni fronteira...
>>
File: 4chan-occitan-voter.png (240KB, 1276x420px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-occitan-voter.png
240KB, 1276x420px
>>75292491
>>75292694
>>
>>75316945
Except that Provence (heart of Occitània) Languedoc and the Nice county are currently invaded by the shitskins, friendly reminder that the National Front is the first political party in South-East France

But I agree with him, the dirty northerner pigs are nothing without us we treat them as the Corsicans treat them
>>
>>75318817
South East and South West are different.
>>
>>75316945
We should have finished the job.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.