[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Western Scripts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: westernscript.png (83KB, 610x596px) Image search: [Google]
westernscript.png
83KB, 610x596px
Which system is best?

Why did Greek lose such influence?

Many Asia Minor and Balkan languages used Greek script before. Even Turkish used Greek before.
>>
>>75290630
Why did japonese copy language words of Chinese and steal their letters?
>>
>>75290660

Why did albanian copy language words of Italian and steal their letters?
>>
>>75290690
Because we are in the same IndoEuropean family of language and our language didn't get 85% of its words from Italian, like Japinese from Chinese did. But if I ask, why are you evading the question?
>>
>>75290768

Like most language most of these words are technical and scientific words which require loanwords to build.

Same reason English uses Latin for scientific and complex words. 60% or more of English is Latin.

If you speak Japanese casually it's mostly native Japanese. If you read the newspaper it's most likely mostly Sino-Japanese words.
>>
>>75290862
A Jepanese here selling suchi said "Oraito, ikimashou iea"

Why do also you use a lot of American words when they bombed you twice(certainly not enough)?
>>
>>75290630
>Why did Greek lose such influence?
Retarded writing system, and decline of Greek Culture since late-byzantian times. Turkish Domains and Balkans using Greek Letters were absorbed by Persian-Arabic influenced Ottomans. Those taken into consideration Greek became a meme language that is only spoken by Greeks.
>>
>>75290630
the script of the ottoman state was arabic
people up until the modern era were largely illiterate

greek script only survived through the orthodox church that supervised the christian parts of the ottoman empire

that's also why modern greek didn't diverge from medieval greek as much as other old languages did, the church was quite stringent with the use of the language of the new testament
>>
latin script is best due to high symbol entropy which enables an impressive array of graphic design.
hangul script is arguably better, just needs different symbols
>>
>>75290990

English words actually flow better and sound better in Japanese than Sino-Japanese

I guess we were never chinks afterall
>>
>>75293233
ee-gleish-u
>>
>>75290630
>westernscript.png
There's no Y in Cyrillic though
>>
>>75290990
>American words
>>
>>75290990
>American words
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.