[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 5uB0obj.jpg (608KB, 2874x1800px) Image search: [Google]
5uB0obj.jpg
608KB, 2874x1800px
Wtf went so wrong?
>>
>empires collapse

wew lad, what a surprise
>>
>>75287564
should have kept the orange ones, aside from SA and PNG, that is
>>
>Newfoundland

is that pronounced like "new found land"?
why is it written all together?
>>
>british
right there
>>
>>75287637
>should have kept the orange ones
Those are the reason empire fell. It simply couldnt be.
>>
>>75287733
it's pronounced "new-finned-land"
>>
>>75287758
Some people say it new-founland
>>
File: Labrador_Retriever_snow.jpg (2MB, 2335x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Labrador_Retriever_snow.jpg
2MB, 2335x2000px
>>75287758
newfoondland reporting in
>>
usa
>>
>>75287551
Britain was an aging and tired country by the turn of the 20th Century. It would've been impossible to keep at pace forever with the United States (pop. 76 million) or Germany (pop. 118 million). Any technological advantage had long since been closed outside the narrow realm of an increasingly fruitless surface navy.
Joseph Chamberlain was attempting to build some sort of fledgling imperial federation but his tariff reform split the Liberals and the Liberal Unionists never recovered from it.
>>
>>75287942
>Joseph Chamberlain was attempting to build some sort of fledgling imperial federation
How would that have turned out?
>>
>>75287551
>canada, australia, nz, and south africa go their separate ways to an extent in the post-ww2 world where britain is on the decline and america is on the rise
>britain loses it's most valuable colony, india, after ww2
>only colonies left are african ones that aren't worth keeping around since britain has no money to maintain them and wants to set up a welfare state

>>75287733
Most people say "New-fin-land." Some idiots from Ontario pronounce it like "New-found-land"
>>
>>75287968
It's hard to say for certain since it never gained major support, but the idea was usually something along the lines of a federated parliament where the member dominions and colonies were all represented, as well as a customs union and imperial preference in trade. Since the main challenge at the time was the shared defence policy, it's probable that the imperial parliament would've had limited supremacy over matters like defence and foreign affairs while the colonial parliaments retained local sovereignty over everything else. That's as best as I can hazard it.
To be honest though, I'm sceptical if it ever would've worked, I think the desire for self-rule is too strong in British people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.