[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are universities in England not free like in Europe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: esports.png (405KB, 630x941px) Image search: [Google]
esports.png
405KB, 630x941px
Why are universities in England not free like in Europe?
>>
>free
>>
Because we aren't communist faggots
>>
>>75271720

From what I understand, it's literally because of things like in your pic.

It was free until they decided to go full PC and subsidize any old fucking retarded polytechnic no matter how utterly worthless their graduates were obviously going to be. So the whole thing became an utter abuse of state funds because you had useless shits sponging tens of thousands off the state doing their phony useless ''degrees'', so the tories pulled the plug on the whole thing, since it's easier to justify end funding to everyone than to a specific group of plebs.

Of course this is just conjecture, but I bet it was labour who were behind the initial pathetic decision.
>>
>>75272212
iirc it was a Tory government who introduced the idea, Labour who actually implemented it and increased the amount twice, it was raised again in the Conservative-Lib Dem coalition, then raised again in the past year to £9,250

Tuition fees in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are devolved issues and the governments are allowed to set their own caps but it makes weird situations where an Englishman who has lived in Scotland two years prior to starting their course has their tuition paid in full by the Scottish government, but a Scotsman who has lived in England two years prior to starting their course will have to get a loan
>>
File: 1495511174050.png (111KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1495511174050.png
111KB, 247x248px
>tfw I was interested in going to Staffordshire but my grades weren't good enough
>>
>>75273303
>couldn't get into an ex-polytechnic
how bad were your grades?
>>
>>75273911
Overall an average of 4.7 (rounded to 4.5) out of 6 (the "OK" grade in Switzerland is 4).
Had to have an average of 5.
>>
>>75274103
That really means nothing to me. Our grades for post 16 study aren't numbered.
Do you know how many UCAS points you needed, or is there no conversion for foreign students?
What subject did you want to do?
>>
they're """"""""""""free""""""""""""""*

*tuition and loan paid for by the government, which you will pay back once you're earning over £20K per year
>>
>>75274173
Game Design and development or some meme like that.

UCAS points didn't really matter I think, they just told me to piss off because I didn't have an average of 5 out of 6
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.