[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/imcf/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 14

It's battle of the nations without russians. Opening ceremonies are about to start, fighting begins in an hour.

>The International Medieval Combat Federation, (IMCF) is a global historical full contact sport fighting revival movement, in which combatants use historically accurate reproduction medieval and early modern armour and blunted weapons to engage in competitive fights according to authentic historical tournament rules. Founded in 2013, the organisation now attracts hundred of fighters from 26 countries at various fighting competitions around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC6Pn3mO-hY
>>
File: 1495542040725.jpg (109KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495542040725.jpg
109KB, 1137x640px
Schedule for the event
>>
>no russians
>ukraine
>>
File: 1462635867631.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462635867631.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>75252924
At least they are not as much bullies as actually Russian team for botn who goes around kicking people in the back. Shit seems dirty as hell even though it is allowed.
>>
>>75253074
Based russians beat the shit out of them.
>>
File: hubert.png (474KB, 641x360px) Image search: [Google]
hubert.png
474KB, 641x360px
silly clothing
>>
>>75253074
>LARP
>hurr durr why russian MMA fighters always win thats because i got kicked in the back
that wouldn't happen in real life battle
>>
File: 1435564105792.gif (1MB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
1435564105792.gif
1MB, 300x208px
>a european medieval we-wuz contest
>no russia but japan for some reason
>>
>>75253271
Getting kicked in the back hurts man and it's very easy to give someone chronic injuries doing it. Your team would still sweep even without doing it.
>>
File: キャプチャ.png (123KB, 233x178px) Image search: [Google]
キャプチャ.png
123KB, 233x178px
>>75253376
cute japan team
>>
>>75253590
Are these actual nipponjins this time or a weaboo brigade again?
>>
File: 1403257365801.jpg (302KB, 1280x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1403257365801.jpg
302KB, 1280x1179px
>>75253376
Yeah, it's pathetic, they can't win fare and square so they have to exclude Russian team for some made up reason just to get their shit kicked in by Ukranians. It's all the same with olympic drug scandal: every team does that but we get all the flac for political reasons while other olympians guzzle on their "asthma" inhalers to get shit going. Hipocrites, the lot of them.
>>
>>75253074
Pussy argument. Kick back faggot
>>
>Medieval fights
>"It ain't me playing" starts playing
>>
>>75252815
>according to authentic historical tournament rules.
is that really true?
I don't think i've seen one use actual tournament rules before
>>
Pussies can't handle fair fighting so Russians must be excluded.
Fuck you hypocrits
>>
>>75252815
is that like for honor. i dont play the game tho.
>>
>>75254774
>>75254504
Can I have some sources ?
The only thing I read was westerner didn't agree on how things were done in the BOTN, and since they didn't had what they wanted, they just created their own tournament.

The only reason I see for the moment is Russian boycotting the event.
>>
So I checked and it seem the only hypocrits here are the russian. They were invited but didn't come because IMCF was created by buttblasted westerner that were fed up of russian bias )))) in BOTN.

They are now in full damage control and don't attend because "muh tournament for baby" when it's only because they aren't in control.
>>
>>75254917
Russians are not invited imho. But, to be completely honest, cquick net check didn't give me any info of Russians being either banned from this event or ignoring in by their own volition.
>>
>>75255188
Link plz. Hy или пиздaбoл.
>>
>>75255236
>The West’s notions of fair play and how an international tournament should be run are, it would seem, at odds with that of the East’s. Dissent has been stirring among the camps and honor was called into question on several sides, and complaints started to be raised about the Russian organizers. The first to percolate were stories about rule-changing and underhand tournament organization.
“They said that under no circumstances can you have a metal handle on your shield, and that you can’t wear titanium armor,” U.S. team captain Andre Sinou tells me later over the phone from his native New Jersey. Sinou is also the owner of an armory manufacturer called Icefalcon. “So I told my guys that. Then when we went out there, all the Eastern teams had metal handles. We complained, and they said, ‘Oh, we sent out a memo,’ which none of the Western countries got.”

>Many of the Eastern fighters were wearing Kevlar armor under their suits and came with lethal equipment — such as two-handled halberd axes — that was banned for anyone else. “The weapons that some of the Eastern teams were using were just dangerous,” Sinou says. “They were pointy, they didn’t follow the rules for sharpness. After 2013, we had puncture wounds — we had a meaty guy who got punctured all the way down to the bone on the shoulder. It hit his spine. He could have been paralyzed.”
>>
>>75253074
Dirty indeed. But your team should be prepared for such actions from your enemy, it's their own fault that they lost.
>>
>Nick Birkin echoes many of these complaints and adds his own stories of match fixing, detailing devious techniques that would put a Sochi figure-skating judge to shame and which apparently allowed Russian teams to progress further and enjoy longer rest breaks between contests. But the growing concerns of an increasing number of countries was met by a response almost laughably Kafkaesque.

>“They said they’d put us on a committee, which would be headed by a Russian or a Ukrainian,” Sinou says. “They flat-out said they don’t trust somebody who’s not Russian or Ukrainian.

Pretty much butthurt westerner that don't accept current way of doing things facing butthurt russian that don't accept the schism.

There's
>>
>involve Russians in anything athletic
>it goes to shit
what a surprise
>>
>>75253376
>>no russia but japan for some reason
Russians didn't have full plate armor during that period so it's not even we-wuz. If it was they'd be wearing mail.
>>
>The International Medieval Combat Federation
What is this turboautism? Adult human beings are partaking in this? Is there a limit to European wewuzing?
>>
>>75255329
However, last year also saw a major split, as fighters from the U.K., U.S., and others decided to break away from the HMBIA to form their own organization amid accusations of cheating, corruption, and foul play. Countries are at war, and the battles taking place online are as vicious as the ones on the field.

The Americans, for a number of reasons, are spearheading a mass exodus from the HMBIA’s Battle of the Nations (BOTN) tournament, the establishment of a brand-new organization called the International Medieval Combat Federation (IMCF), and a new world championship to rival BOTN in Spain.

>join a tournament where he is not even related
>the tournament with oun rules
>get kicked at the fair battle
>complain
>create a new tournament where he won't lose
america fuck yeah
>>
>>75254504
>It's all the same with olympic drug scandal: every team does that but we get all the flac for political reasons while other olympians guzzle on their "asthma" inhalers to get shit going. Hipocrites, the lot of them.
The problem with Russia, is it's endemic and the government was actively supporting it.
>>
>>75255420
>involve
it's you joined, moron. The battle started with three teams: Russia, Ukraine and Poland.
>>
>>75255329
>>75255360
So, no links? Ok, miseu Duma, your writing is amusing enough but you are, still, talking out your ass.
>>75255515
>USA
>Japan

Look who's talking.
>>
>>75255420
>involve anglos in anything
>they make it about them and shit on everyone else pompously.
Fuck of limey cunt.
>>
>>75252815
>>The International Medieval Combat Federation, (IMCF) is a global historical full contact sport fighting revival movement, in which combatants use historically accurate reproduction medieval and early modern armour and blunted weapons to engage in competitive fights according to authentic historical tournament rules.
My sides. Is this an actual thing?
>>
>>75255655
>>USA
>>Japan
>Look who's talking.
Way to be defensive and miss the point. He said it didn't make sense for a we wuz tournament to have Russians and not Japs and I said neither did it for Russians to we-wuz full plate. Besides most white Americans ancestors were in countries with full plate at that time.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (2MB, 1035x753px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
2MB, 1035x753px
>>75255557
maybe a bit too violent desu
it's still a sport at the end

>>75255655
You can find it yourself using basic google research and more thant 12 brain cell fucking bydlo.
>>
>>75255568
Doesn't make you "asthma" problem any less endemic and actively supported by your own gowernments. Profeccional sports are all about combination of athlete's personal traits, training team engineuety and govenrmental support (including medical supplementation, no individual team has enough resources to make good enough drugs to be both efficient and to make them technicaly legal to use).
Long short: Pot, meet Catle.
>>
>>75255753
You just learned about this? It shows up on int every year.
>>
>>75255757
Sorry Japs and not Russians
>>
>>75255789
>Doesn't make you "asthma" problem any less endemic
It's not endic
>and actively supported by your own gowernments
I don't think you know what actively supported means. FSB fixing test results is active support.
>>
>>75255757
I bet full plate armor is mandatory for safety reasons, most european knight didn't wear shit like that , too, not in real combat at least. No need to be to be so exclusive here, americans and aussies are participating, after all.
>>75255762
>You can find it yourself using basic google research and more thant 12 brain cell fucking bydlo.
It's your job to prove your own talking point you cocksucking white-flag-vielding poofter.
>>
>>75255793
Fuck, I can't stop laughing. So grown ass Europeans are dressing up as we wuz knights and shieet and pretend to fight each other? And there is even a Federation?
>>
>>75255872
>I don't think you know what actively supported means. FSB fixing test results is active support.
It's fucked up is true, but i bet that olympians are not involved in it but being punished for it the most. A better way to handle this shit would be to organise an international drug-testin team with external funding and undisclosed list of members, just to minimize potential involvement of ANY government.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (26KB, 1187x846px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
26KB, 1187x846px
>>75255888
Here is your proof.
http : // bfy (DOT) tw/BziT

Why don't you substantiate your claim that Russian were forbidden to participate and that westerner are hypocrit?
>>
>>75255753
>authentic historical tournament rules

Yeah nah. They're just beating the shit out of each other. That has nothing to do with HEMA t b h
>>
i dont get whats happening on this thread

argentina and burger are out of place. whyd they have anything to do with medieval combat. not to mention mexico is only ok when they come with aztec shit

let chinks in instead of burgershit and some sa teams anyway. i wanna see more various actual armors and weapons.
>>
>>75255972
This is my first post here: >>75255209. Care to point to any claims?
And your link doesn't work for some reaqson :( I geniunely wanted to find out any info about all this shit.
>>
>>75255557
That's freedom.
>>
File: 1435727211127.jpg (41KB, 300x681px) Image search: [Google]
1435727211127.jpg
41KB, 300x681px
>>75256685
Exceptional nation!
>>
File: kurwol 2.jpg (41KB, 534x532px) Image search: [Google]
kurwol 2.jpg
41KB, 534x532px
>Van Halen - Jump as background music
>>
>>75252815
5v5 soon
>>
File: BoN get off me.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BoN get off me.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>75259092
Thanks. I'm just tuning in. Completely forgot about this and randomly remembered today.
>>
5v5 has started
>>
What happened with Ukraine fielding 22 men in the 21v21 final against Russia?
>>
These constant draws
>>
>>75266889
They decided that it was the marshalls fault and the head marshalls were "financially penaltised", meaning they probably just got paid a bit less or something.
>>
>>75272195
Huh, I thought they'd revoke the win
That's cool
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.