[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the French were bloodthirsty savages that set Moscow ablaze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>the French were bloodthirsty savages that set Moscow ablaze and would murder the prisoners they'd captured
>battle of Austerlitz was so darned awful because so many poor Russians perished there ;-;
>cossacks riding down starving French stragglers in the heart of Russia is so heroic!!
>all French women are whorish LOL! (Mlle. Bourrienne)
>France only waged war against Russia since they were expansionist, didn't you know ;)
>we should celebrate that 90% of the Grande armée died in the Russian winter, epic right?
>French soldiers drowning in the cold of the Berezina river is so epic and hilarious xD
>trying to murder Bonaparte is a righteous and noble quest for our main protagonist, of course!

Ummm what the fuck is this shit? I feel so violated right now.

Why are Russians so heartless brehs?
>>
>>75145621
>Invade and kill many
>hurr why are you so mean
This book is 100% truth but Bonaparte should have won
>>
>>75146322
>actually rubbing it in with a book that France lost 90% of its army to disease, cold or starvation
It's pretty fucking cruel though.

Thank you about the second part of your post though: all he wanted was for the perfidy of Anglos to end, and reinstate the continental system in Russia.
>>
W&P and the complete works of Shakespeare--two books everyone decorates their bookshelf with, but nobody has ever actually read.
>>
>>75146677
Speak for yourself mate. Plenty of people still enjoy Shakespeare and Tolstoy is one of the most widely read authors of all time.

That being said, why shouldn't Russians be pleased that most of the invading French died of exposure and starvation? They were the aggressors.
>>
>>75146677
>not reading one of the greatest novels ever written

Your loss, plebian.

While Tolstoy does like to shit on Napoleon, he doesn't have the Frenchies burning Moscow. He paints it as an accidental fire and makes a big deal about muh random nature of history.
>>
>>75146677
>but nobody has ever actually read.
>the literal state of the American HS curriculum
Even in fucking France, we do our best to trudge through King Lear or MacBeth in class.

Also "W and P" isn't that high in the ranking Tolstoi had for his own books, so it's not that bad thay you wouldn't have read it. But you have read neither one XIXth French author or a XIXth Russian author, then you're a full on plebeian.
>>
I'm currently reading Ana Karenina. Levine is by far my favorite character. Fuck Wronsky, fucking chad.

I have to say, Russians are the best writers.
>>
>>75146782
>he doesn't have the Frenchies burning Moscow
Of course he doesn't. Actually Russians are proud that they burned Moscow themselves so that Napoleon couldn't get it.
>>
Also, thread theme :D :D

This song makes me really emotional for some reason. If I believed in past lives, I would say I was a Russian soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DljgSrTbNE
>>
Everyone loves to hate on Dostoevsky for being sloppy and contrived but honestly fuck you I enjoyed all of his novels
>>
itt
we are complaining that 19 century hitler lost?
>>
>>75146677
>While Tolstoy does like to shit on Napoleon,
He was actually a proud nobleman, so I could never really fault him there, but that Pierre progressively hating Napoleon further and further is meant to be intrinsic to his arch bothers me. Like "oh man he got smarter because now he hates Napoleon haha lol". Ok...

Also, hilarious how Tolstoi always fellates his own family line in "W and P", by including his grandfather count Tolstoi out of nowhere.

As for depicting the French burning Moscow, that was an exaggeration on my part: in the book, French soldiers catch Pierre and presume him to be the one who started the fire, and put him in shackles for that.

>>75146841
Because they wrote in French :^), but yeah they are.
>>
>>75146878
> thread theme
m8

https://youtu.be/VbxgYlcNxE8
>>
File: La_Bataille_du_Pont_d'Arcole[1].jpg (429KB, 1040x789px) Image search: [Google]
La_Bataille_du_Pont_d'Arcole[1].jpg
429KB, 1040x789px
>>75146907
>implying Hitler would ever do this
>>
>>75146677
Speak for yourself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.