[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heritage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (57KB, 720x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 720x695px
Hey /int/

A couple of weeks ago I visited my grandma and I asked her about my ancestors and how old they were when they came to America, what part of Germany they came from and she went on and said that both her and my grandpa's family came from the same village. I learned that the village is just south of Strasbourg, France. My great grandfather came over when that area was considered Germany, but my question is; would I be still considered German if where my European family lived is now French land?
>>
>>75111666
I think it could still count as german but I'm not sure. Also checked
>>
>>75111666
You're American, not German
>>
>>75111796
Says the African
>>
>>75111901
You realise how retarded the muhh hurrtage logic is, right? How many people do you think go around saying they're English in the States?
>>
>>75112355
I wouldn't know because my state has a shitload of people with German, Irish, Eastern European and Italian roots. I don't think I've met someone with English roots here.
>>
>>75111666
>would I be still considered German
No. You're a burger.
>>
>>75111666
Elsaß-Lothringen ist Deutsch.
Not that that means you're German, amerimutt.
>>
>>75111666
Alsace-Lorraine is a border region, so it's hard to say. I won't say it's german, but germanic, there's a nuance. Because people here feel french, and not german, despite having a germanic culture and language.

t. alsatian
>>
File: Mfw_someone_is_ABL_near_me.jpg (56KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mfw_someone_is_ABL_near_me.jpg
56KB, 960x720px
>>75119322

>t. Dog
>>
>>75119322
Also the land have been annexed by France in 1697 with the treaty of Ryswick, and the alsatians experienced the french revolution.
So even if all the history before the annexation was basically France being a huge greedy cunt, alsatians consider themselves part of France by the time.

>>75119387
?
>>
>>75112821
You are american and not german.
>>
File: Martiniano_etal_Table_1.png (210KB, 3014x570px) Image search: [Google]
Martiniano_etal_Table_1.png
210KB, 3014x570px
>>75119387

85% of the Anglos are Britons LARPing as Saxons
>>
>>75122053
If an African Elephant is born in Asia, is it an Asian Elephant?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.