[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the peope from a spanish speaking country, and from your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

For the peope from a spanish speaking country, and from your personal experiance, how different is your spanish compare to someones from a different country?
>>
>>75090076
It's like in the anglo world, different accents, but you can understand everything they say.

Except Chileans.
>>
>>75090076
you have to understand there's two levels (or more) of spanish here
the more educated (and maybe high class) the spanish speakers group, the more equal their spanish is
unlike english, there's this academy that oversees changes and rules in spanish language
therefore, the niggerer, the bigger the differences between jargons and accents among hispanic countries
>>
File: IMG_1774.jpg (209KB, 712x1087px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1774.jpg
209KB, 712x1087px
There is definitively a noticeable difference between our accent and the ones spoken in Honduras, Nicaragua and Guatemala. The Costa Rican one sounds probably the closest to our own, and the Panamanian the furthest.

The Colombian, Argentinian, Uruguayan, and Chilean are definitively the ones that are the most different.
>>
File: 1484530277609.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1484530277609.png
48KB, 400x389px
>It's a let's bully Chile episode
>>
>>75090076

Argentines and a few other regions (Uruguay, Paraguay, East Bolivia, and some countries in Central America) use a different pronoun for "informal you singular"
Vos instead of Tu. The verbs are conjugated differently.

Spaniards use vosotros (an informal you plural) and ustedes (the polite you plural), both have different verb conjugations. In Latin America only Ustedes is used.

some words for stuff (especially food) are different, I think most latin american countries have different words for popcorn for example.

We dont really have any communication problem.
>>
>>75090076
>peope
>experiance

i don't want be "that" guy.. but c'mon
>>
>>75090140
>the more educated (and maybe high class) the spanish speakers group, the more equal their spanish is

This is something that should be emphasized desu senpai, middle and upper class people basically speak with the same accent in almost every Latino American country
>>
>>75090152
>Episode
there is an entire series
>>
>>75090189

It doesnt apply to us.
>>
File: TUTEO VOSEO Y USTEDEO.jpg (373KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
TUTEO VOSEO Y USTEDEO.jpg
373KB, 1600x1131px
>>75090152
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jhjbd0Iqxg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Rjn6o6QQ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9cp5Y-XX4s

>>75090162
ah yeah i forgot that small detail
the voseo vs tuteo vs ustedeo
>>
File: 1489340970798.jpg (59KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
1489340970798.jpg
59KB, 600x626px
>>75090260
>the voseo vs tuteo vs ustedeo

people need to learn the difference it could save their lifes
>>
>>75090305
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>75090305
'usted' is still used, though, exclusively in a formal context among strangers
>>
>>75090305
there are other differences, you remind me
seseo: whole Hispanoamerica pronunces S, C, Z as S // Spain pronounces each different (S = Sh, C = Th, Z = Sz)
yeísmo: Northern Hispanoamerica + Andalusia pronounces Y as I, Southern Hispanoamerica pronounces it as J, and (southern) Argentina as SH

those are pronunciation differences. in the end most of the words have the same meaning along the whole Hispanosphere, a few have its meaning changed according to context, and there are others that are loanwords from native american languages (charango, jitomate, etc.) or english (ofsái, pololo) or even french (panqué, carné)
>>
>>75090076
I understand all of them. There are some difference with the use of some words, but nothing you can not figure out yourself with context and the sound of it.
>>
>>75090076
As far as I've noticed, there's no a big remarkable difference between, at least, the Spanish spoken in different Latin America, if all of us stick to standard vocabulary or grammar.

But, when people start using their own jargon their speech stops resembling Spanish and, consequently, communication and understanding become difficult. This is particularly true with Chileans and their non standard conjugation (the voi, stai or whatever thing).

Also, when it comes to Spain, there are some differences in vocabulary and also, in grammar. For example, the difference in the use of preterito simple and preterito perfecto (It seems that Spaniards tend to use more the preterito perfecto than the preterito simple).
>>
>>75090773
*different Latin American countries.
>>
>>75090140
but you don't really speak spanish in paraguay, do you?
>>
>>75090076
it's better, other countries can't speak proper spanish
>>
File: recuerdo_del_paraguay.jpg (15KB, 246x316px) Image search: [Google]
recuerdo_del_paraguay.jpg
15KB, 246x316px
>>75090773
>vai, stai
brotip: they're 2nd person plural conjugation with some letters omitted
>vai
vais = you go
>stai
estáis = you are
chilean voseo is funny

>>75090800
as a second language we do. thanks to educational reform a 75% is effectively bilingual nowadays
>>
>>75090455
>>75090305
What, it'd be very weird to refer to my own mother or other old relatives as "t", and "vos" doesn't even exist here
>>
>>75090076
this is a good thread thanks for asking, op.
>>
>>75090942
>it'd be very weird to refer to my own mother or other old relatives as "t", and "vos" doesn't even exist here

nigga what, are you even chilean?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.