[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better to live in?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: third-district-map.jpg (63KB, 756x566px) Image search: [Google]
third-district-map.jpg
63KB, 756x566px
PA, NJ, or DE?
>>
PA is probably the lesser overpopulated, overregulated hellhole of the three.
>>
>>75079298
all shitholes
>>
Everyone in Delaware is on hard drugs regardless of income level, and New Jersey is a shithole with no economy, so by process of elimination, Pennsylvania. Assuming we're talking about the Philly area of course.
>>
>>75079298
MD, although you didn't ask.

If you're a dirty nig move to Baltimore
If you're an educated African-American move to NE Montgomery County or Prince Georgia's county
If you're an educated white/Asian move to southern Montgomery County
If you're a redneck or /k/ommando looking to go innawoods move to Western Maryland
If you're a hillbilly who likes to fight and fuck move to Hagerstown
If you're rich but looking for quiet move to Pasadena, MD
>>
>>75079499
Is a MD to Philly commute feasible?
>>
>>75079298
The PA countryside isn't that bad, it also has great bear hunting.
Delaware is just a meme
NJ is in a battle with CA for the worst state, and honestly might be winning.
>>
>>75079538
From any of the places he listed, no, unless you commute on the Acela. You could pull off commuting from near the border though.
>>
>>75079403
Philly a shit, but I heard Pittsburgh is actually improving.
>>
>>75079298
PA gets my pick for /max comfy/
imo, northern DE is really depressing

>>75079538
no unless you live in fucking elkton (it's shit)
>>
File: 1441006814022.jpg (22KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1441006814022.jpg
22KB, 250x245px
>>75079538
Yes, but not ideal

>mfw I worked in Potomac (border of NE DC) and was late almost everyday
>mfw I lived LITERALLY 2 minutes from work (45 seconds if I made both lights)
>mfw my boss had to commute 90-120 minutes from Pennsylvania each way
>mfw I came in late and he was waiting by the time clock and he asked why I was late, and I said "umm traffic was terrible heh heh"
>mfw he gave me a thin smile, completely and utterly devoid of any warmth, and relegated me to shit work for the rest of the month

Not as big a deal if you're commuting to say, Frederick or Baltimore or Hagerstown. But not to MoCo
>>
>>75079499
Thoughts on Frederick MD?
>>
PA for sure, or Delaware.
>>
>>75079298
New York City.
>>
>>75079736
Personally I'd rather live in Philly simply because it's pretty close to other cities on the NEC and as such is closer culturally to the Northeast than the Midwest/Rust Belt. Thing is, Philly doesn't really seem to be heading anywhere while Pittsburgh at least from what I've heard is doing a great turn around.
>>
>>75079883
Bretty good.

>amazing food
>hot white grills
>pretty amazing nightlife for such a small city
>college girls everywhere
>mostly white
>surrounded by vast quantities of pristine landscape
>lots of hunting, hiking, nature
>lots of excellent muh microbrews
>city is beautiful, lots of historic houses and brick sidewalks
>just enough immigrants to get amazing restaurants and rare qts without any disadvantages
>anything else you could possibly want is within a maximum 45-minute drive (DC, Baltimore)

If I had it all to do over I would consider living there
>t. Potomac
>>
File: VQSucsH.png (228KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
VQSucsH.png
228KB, 858x725px
PA is LITERALLY shit tier. I live in Philly and work in a "suburb" north of the city, outside of King of Prussia which has a huge fucking mall.

>literally the worst fucking highway traffic you will ever experience in your life
>despite being right next to valley forge national park, huge amount of white trash/wal-mart land
>those who are not white trash are the most stale white depressed unexciting people you will ever meet

don't move to PA. only nice area i've seen are some uppity suburbs in bala cynwyd/gulph mills area
>>
>>75084538
East PA probably has some cheaper housing. I always see developments full of McMansions in places like Blue Bell or Cynwyd. The people in those big houses can be rich snobs. Nj is all housing developments surrounding the shittiest cities of America like Camden, Trenton and Newark. I don't know much about DE other than depression and gang violence. I'd definitely choose the country-like suburbs of Philadelphia or just living in the city rather than in America's cesspools in NJ and DE.
>>
>>75079298
>PA
Is Philly walkable, at least in some neighborhood?
>NJ
What is it like in Southern NJ? I only heard about Northern NJ (Bergen county, Hoboken, Jersey City, etc)
>>
>>75084538
>a city literally called King of Prussia
What the fuck
>>
>>75085956
South Jersey is comfy IMO. Lots of diners and farmland
>>
>>75085956
>Is Philly walkable, at least in some neighborhood?
Yes. 33% of households don't have a car, fourth highest rate in the country.

>What is it like in Southern NJ? I only heard about Northern NJ (Bergen county, Hoboken, Jersey City, etc)
Imagine all of the bad things about Northern NJ exaggerated with all of the good things taken out.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.