[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 27947937493793.png (1MB, 801x859px) Image search: [Google]
27947937493793.png
1MB, 801x859px
Have you ever lived in other countries for some time? Which country? Why? Share your stories
>>
Yes, in Denmark and Sweden
>>
>>75075388
Lived for 3 years in he USA, 2 years in Belgium (hallo mijn vriend) en 7 months in Spain.

I have seen shit.
>>
1 year in Sweden, 6 months in Hong Kong, 1 year in Seoul, 3 years in NZ, moving to Aus soon but will prob return here after a year
>>
>>75076486
Where in Belgium? What did you do here and did you like it?
>>
>>75076680
How come you change spots so often? Work?
>>
>>75076764
There's more short term travel in between them too. Pretty much just running from my depression and problems. A new place is a good distraction until things begin to normalise and then I move again
>>
>>75076716
I loved Belgium. The only reason I moved back to El Salvador is because I literally despised my boss.

I lived in Gent. The Flemish are very kind people. However, at least the ones I knew, were super family-oriented and it was hard to really become friends with them. I don't know if that's the same for Brusselites and Walloons.

I miss having beers in De Planck. My favorite will always be Orval because I'm a classy bastard.
>>
>>75076919
Oh that's why. Totally understandable. Do you have an easy time finding a job when you move out?

>>75076946
Kek, you loved Belgium? Not a lot of people say that. I'm from Gent btw. It's a calm, alright city. You're right about Flemings, we're kinda cold but friendly when it's needed
>>
>>75076946
What was your job ?
>>
>>75077075
Yeah because I do the shit manual labour jobs that young locals won't. Its more or less the same everywhere; youth get more soft, educated and entitled. They wouldn't consider anything less than a desk job
>>
>>75077075
I think Belgians in general have a pretty negative opinion of their own country and I still can't see why. It's a nice land with some beautiful cities, super qt grills and the best beer in the world. What's not to love?
>>75077125
I'm a translator. Worst possible job.
>>
>>75077373
I was thinking star engineering master there but first i want to know how is life and student life there. I mean i dont want to go super boring place i can go also germanyor hungary
>>
>>75077373
>I still can't see why

Climate, taxes, government corruption, terrorism... The girls are cute that's true, but then again mind you that Ghent is the biggest uni city so you will find a lot of college pussy

What's so bad about being a translator?
>>
>>75077492
There are lots of Turks in Ghent. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing for you.
>>
I travel for work. PNG is the longest project I've been on. Before this I've worked in Western Australia for a few months, Philippines for a few months and New Zealand for just a few weeks.

Next year I might get sent to work on the projects we have in Fiji, Samoa and Solomon Islands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying to do a good job here and give a good impression.
>>
>>75079154
Have you seen any birds of paradise lately?
>>
>>75079681
Unfortunately not. Seen a bit of other exotic birds that I have no idea of the name.
>>
>Have you ever lived in other countries for some time?

Not yet... but I will.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.