[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the French posters here have such weak English skills?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 17

File: Flag_France.jpg (98KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_France.jpg
98KB, 3000x2000px
Why do the French posters here have such weak English skills?

It actually enrages me when you're trying to communicate with them, and they speak in broken English and don't answer questions clearly.
>>
>>75038336
everyone speak french so why would we speak english ?
>>
they are way above the average french
>>
>Why do the French posters here have such weak English skills?
>It actually enrages me

not very hard to figure it out
>>
>>75038336
Good to know we enrage the albion by simply postiçng
>>
je veux manger du crabe
>>
>>75038336
We're good at English fucking life

You soulder stop to critique our skills
>>
>>75038336
Because english is too complex. At least french is simple and flexible. But english is not flexible, english has strict codes.
That is why frche have trouble to speak english. Your rigid grammar rules sucks
>>
File: cuisses de grenouille.jpg (305KB, 800x630px) Image search: [Google]
cuisses de grenouille.jpg
305KB, 800x630px
>>75038687
no crab
you eat froglegs
>>
File: IMG_0336.png (395KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.png
395KB, 800x800px
>>75038739
Please eat normal foods like Asian
>>
File: MDR JPP.jpg (5KB, 132x132px) Image search: [Google]
MDR JPP.jpg
5KB, 132x132px
>>75039000
ayo wheres my dog hahaaaa
>>
>>75038691
>You soulder stop to critique our skills
It's "stop of critique"

gros con va
>>
French should be the world language
>>
>>75039044
Why the halt, life ?

I do nothing wrong ? Did i have mystip ?
>>
File: muv2gg.jpg (184KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
muv2gg.jpg
184KB, 650x607px
Because not everyone speaks English, that's mostly a meme that comes from Germanic countries. Outside of the Germanic sphere the English comprehension rate drops like a rock with only a few exceptions.
>>
File: basé Dieu.png (40KB, 807x539px) Image search: [Google]
basé Dieu.png
40KB, 807x539px
>>75039327
Even in Québec it's actually quite low

Pic related; the data is a bit old, but as you can see francophones can't into English
>>
>>75038336
English people don't learn other languages because they know that English is the lingua franca.

French people don't learn other languages because they think that French is still the lingua franca, when it's only relevant nowadays in France and Africa.
>>
why are that the anglos is smell of shit
>>
>>75039677
https://youtu.be/E-Oc2JIn8No
>>
>>75039677
We're taking over
>>
>>75038548
no one speaks french dude excepts old colonies

>>75038700
are you fucking serious

>>75039057
stop right there Magnus, french is really hard compared to english, look at french conjugation

t. proud french but not a delusionnal idiot
>>
>>75038336
As far as I know they don't have weak english skills, in fact most French lads I know are pretty good at it, but I noticed that for some reasons most of them just straight out refuse to speak it, this odd behaviour is particulary strong in online gaming for exemple, where I often see French on english servers speak in their language only, and tell people to fuck off and insults them in French when asked to speak english instead (this doesn't always happens of course, being an asshole isn't an exclusive French gene).
Now everyone is free to speak whichever language they want, only some anomalies (Saw some guy not too long ago who just bursted out insults unprovoked, which is funny because I was the only one who knew what the fuck he was actually saying), but if you're going to places, websites, or servers where the used language is mainly English, then you should make the effort if only out of common courtesy.

For my part I pretty much just learned it on my own, and I vastly prefer it to French, I find it more pleasant to hear and speak, French can also be (in my opinion) needlessly complicated at times.
I'm still really bad at it though
>>
>>75040420
>claim to be proud

Start implying that French will not rule the world while our path towards greatness is just a few steps away
>>
>>75040420
T. nige trying so hard

Now stfu
>>
>>75040558
pourquoi tu pars dans l'abus, je comprends pas. tu penses vraiment ce que tu dis ? c'est réellement frustrant ce comportement chauviniste et attardé que vous avez tous

je sais même pas pourquoi je perds mon temps avec l'autisme des gens sur ce site
>>
the french are a cocky nation of their own; they dont really care what happens outside of it
>>
>>75040420
>t. proud french
well there's one thing, you all keep referring to yourselves as "a French" instead of Frenchmen. Isn't learning to identify your nationality correctly to people one of the first things you would learn in a foreign language class? Why do you all keep doing this? "An English" isn't proper either.
>>
>>75040779
Aren't both correct, with "French" just being modern?
>>
>>75040779
That is why I said that english is not flexible as french. Your rules are too complex
>>
>>75040779
i'm trying to hold the french autism on this thread and still comes a bong to correct me on my english. sorry but who gives a shit ? if i say french, everybody knows what i'm talking about, because i barely see from all the times i've spend on english talking websites any nationality coming with a men next to it

you guys are so frustrating
>>
>>75040887
what rules ??? english is a toddler language
>>
>>75040779
In French "Frenchman" and "French" are both "Français"

And i've never heard anyone saying a "Somaliman" or an "Arabman"
>>
File: 1471214997933.jpg (69KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1471214997933.jpg
69KB, 699x485px
>>75041033
>[space]???
>>
>>75041033
The guy just said you must not use the word 'english" for this. It's called a rule therefore. At least in French we don't have this shit
>>
French people are annoying when it comes to language.

I work in a hotel, so I speak basic french. Basic, just enough to answer simple questions and tell them where their room is.

Once they realize I speak french they start talking faster and using uncommon words, and they ask A LOT of stupid questions. If I tell them I didnt understand them and/or ask them to repeat they start complaining.
>>
>>75041217
Fils de pute
>>
File: 1490801890010.png (226KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1490801890010.png
226KB, 4500x4334px
>>75038336
Because they're eternally butthurt they lost the relevancy war to the anglos.
>>
>>75040779
Says the anglo
>>
>>75041287
jävel
>>
>>75038336
our education system is shit for teaching foreign languague, there is lees hours than country like spain or germany for comparison. Also we don't practice a lot so with time we loose our skills.
>>
>>75041287
The only correct answer.
>>
File: 3307575_186906_328a956904_p.jpg (621KB, 658x484px) Image search: [Google]
3307575_186906_328a956904_p.jpg
621KB, 658x484px
>>75041287
>they lost the relevancy war to the anglos.

Quite the contrary we're very proud that our first colony managed to become so relevant

There is nothing better for a man than to see his daughter succed in life

Daddy is proud of you England
>>
>>75038336
Because unlike the rest of Europe they still have a little pride in speaking their own language and having their own culture.
>>
It's their third language, give them some slack
>>
>>75038336

what are you talking about

most french here have perfectly reasonable english

irl you'd have a case, french are shit at english on purpose. here not so much.
>>
File: contemptful equine.png (281KB, 323x531px) Image search: [Google]
contemptful equine.png
281KB, 323x531px
>>75041217
>sois moi
>dans un hôtel espagnol
>je m'informe auprès du préposé à la réception afin de savoir où se situe ma chambre
>il me répond en français
>ému d'avoir finalement rencontré un francophone dans cette terre sauvage, je lui demande quelle est son œuvre de Molière préférée, expliquant au passage que j'ai moi-même un certain penchant pour "L'avare" puisque c'est une pièce qui continue d'émerveiller de par la subtilité de son humour et de son développement langagier qui permet aux personnages d'être des ambassadeurs de thématiques humaines fondamentales, et ce même pour un lecteur du vingt-et-unième siècle
>soudainement, le putain de Manolo s'indigne et se met à me raconter des conneries de "no hablo frances guey" ou je ne sais trop
>mvq
>>
>>75041618
>most french here have perfectly reasonable english

LOL
>>
>>75041690

i've never talked to a french person here and thought 'wtf is that guy talking about'. never had any problem conversing with one.
>>
>>75039327
wow french has better english level than we
>>
>>75041189
oh yeah sure. we don't have any rules in french, french is easy. it's not like we had :

>règles d'accord des adjectifs
>règles d'accord des verbes
>règles d'accord du participe passé
>prononciation des lettres aléatoires
>absence de prononciation des lettres aléatoires
>"s"
>"y"
>"-"
>pluriel des noms en -eau, -au, -eu, -ail, -al, -ou
>féminins -et, -ot
>-euil, -ueil, -eur, -oi, -oire
>mots composés
>terminaisons des verbes

also
>Présent de l'indicatif
>Passé composé de l'indicatif
>Imparfait de l'indicatif
>Plus-que-parfait de l'indicatif
>Passé simple de l'indicatif
>Passé antérieur de l'indicatif
>Futur simple de l'indicatif
>Futur antérieur de l'indicatif
>Futur proche de l'indicatif
>Conditionnel présent
>Conditionnel passé
>Présent du subjonctif
>Passé du subjonctif
>Imparfait du subjonctif
>Plus-que-parfait du subjonctif
>Participe présent
>Participe passé
>Gérondif présent
>Gérondif passé
>Mode impératif
>Impératif présent
>Impératif passé
>Infinitif présent
>Infinitif passé
>>
File: 1448016153705.jpg (147KB, 590x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448016153705.jpg
147KB, 590x700px
the french are nice
>>
>>75041884
You should just adapt your written language to the spoken language and we'll all be fine.
>>
Big question is what will happen when the UK finally leaves the EU and English is no longer working language... It's gonna be fun !!!
>>
>>75042054
German as lingua franca incoming
>>
>>75042000
it ended when the french underwent a vocal relaxation, which meant no more pronounciation of x, d, t, s, p, f, z or any other letters at the end of a word. these won't ever go back if we keep being autistic lazybones
>>
>>75041676
kek
>>
>>75042000
fuck off, that's the worst fucking thing one could possibly do to the French language

Maybe it works for nigger languages like German or Finnish, but French would look retarded if it were written phonetically.

>Jë vö û ver d'o s'il-vu-ple. J'ä tre suaf ê ce momê, je krî kë jë ve murir.

Besides, only retarded plebs are unable to master written French. It's useful in a way, since it allows to very quickly and easily segregate between retards (incidentally, >90% of francophone dindus and durkas fall in this category) and humans (i.e. those able to write properly).
>>
File: 645346465.png (102KB, 214x244px) Image search: [Google]
645346465.png
102KB, 214x244px
I've been to France, nobody speaks a little english, the few who speaks prefer to pretend they don't speak any shit just for arrogance. Fuck you all french fagots!
>>
>>75041884
French is complex but easily flexible unlike english language.

The Guy was traumatised because you you did add "people" (men) after the word english.
In French we don't have this while we have complex Language. English is just too rigid
>>
>>75042153
No, Pierre
Write your language down in the exact same way you speak it
Throw out all the shitty antiquated spellings and reflections of grammatical forms that were lost in spoken French 500 years ago.
>>75042226
>French would look retarded if it were written phonetically
Shittest argument in the history of arguments.
Just because you're used to a fundamentally flawed system, doesn't make it good.
All my proposals at updating written German have been shut down for the same reason.
Finnish is absolutely perfect and beautiful though.
>>
>>75041884
for the nonfrench speakers that think french could be easy, the second bloc is all the conjugation modes
>>
>>75042292
>Just because you're used to a fundamentally flawed system, doesn't make it good.
It does. Might is right, et cetera.

Anyway, the most important part is the ability to segregate between retards and humans.
>>
>>75042278
tell me ffs what is a flexible language, you keep saying that

are you being retarded on purpose ?
>>
>>75041884
>>75042325
isnt that shit common through all the romance lingos?
>>
>>75042278
You did not have*
>>
File: laufen.png (33KB, 1210x656px) Image search: [Google]
laufen.png
33KB, 1210x656px
>>75042419
Yes

Even many non-Latin languages like German have a similar number of moods and tenses. English is the exception with its low number of moods and tenses, not the rule.
>>
File: Tote l'istoire de France.png (181KB, 765x892px) Image search: [Google]
Tote l'istoire de France.png
181KB, 765x892px
>>75042292
When French is written as spoken it looks like pic related
>>
>>75042278
>The Guy was traumatised because you you did add "people" (men) after the word english.

kek it's just that brits are retarded

in reality everyone understands what you mean if you say french to refer to a person, english is pretty flexible
>>
>>75042418
You are retarded to not understand.

Another example, anglo guy can be traumatised if you write "why you have this?"

It lacks the word "do"
In French we can forget this and we don't give a fuck
>>
>>75042292
but it wouldn't be anything but a retarded bastardised french, why would we do it
>>
>>75038336
me english very good yes
fuck you nigger
>>
>>75042292
>All my proposals at updating written German have been shut down for the same reason.
jesus christ the germans really are all autistic
>>
I'm Spanish, speak 4 languages fluently and have travelled a lot for working purposes. Here are my feelings:

.- Brits are incapable of talking any other civilized language cause they believe everyone should speak theirs. They will learn some shitty dialect quite willingly such as Thai, Urdu or Afghani, but rarely French or Spanish. Surely not German or Italian.

2.- French don't talk shit because of some guttural deformity. Also because they keep believing the francophony is something real, without realizing their language is dying slowly. Not even decently spoken by most people in France, erradicated at international level and quickly disappearing in Africa.

3.- Nordic-Germanics will speak decent English, but only because their language is so useless and gets you nowhere, so they realised "might as well join the empire". Additionally, they save money by not translating films or anything. They speak with horrible accent though.

.-In Southern Europe (Spain and Italy) most people won't speak English or anyother language, except Portugal, which has actually been a covered, British colony for centuries. But people who speak languages in Spain or Italy will normally speak a few languages and very efficiently. The average Spanish national doesn't need English to have a decent, happy fulfilling life.

.- And then you have the Swiss, who are supposed to speak German, French and Italian... and actually don't speak any of them correctly and sound weird in all 3...
>>
Every country on /int/ has good English, only japs and gooks suck but they are roleplaying proxies anyways
>>
>>75042519
it looks like someone very retarded wrote it
>>
>>75042632
*Butthurt because I called this Islam lover a dirty Moor
>>
>>75042632
>and actually don't speak any of them correctly and sound weird in all 3...
i kekd
what lingos do you speak juan? :3
>>
>>75042561
i see what you mean, i guess i was retarded on this one

but flexible doesn't mean easy tho
>>
>>75042708
Spain has a much more glorious history than Switzerland
>>
>>75042744
canada doesn't have history at all
>>
>>75041857
no pasa nada tio, pero en mi experiencia los vascos en España tiene un bien nivel de ingles.

t. Irlandes in Bilbao.
>>
>>75042644
It's Old French saintongeaise
>>
>>75042519
It's still far from phonemic writing.
>>75042563
Haha, no. Your written French is retarded and bastardized, and overly complicated at that. Almost as bad as English.
>>
>>75042777
It's Old French from Saintonge

fixed that for me

>>75042797
You're being retarded Old French was written as spoken

It is far more phonetics than any other language
>>
>>75042774
Indeed, but if your point of comparison is fucking Canada, then you really must be getting desperate.

Face it, Spain as a country throughout history is simply much more respectable than Switzerland. It's ridiculous to see a neutral mountain jew of all people try to talk shit to a Spaniard.
>>
File: 8523.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
8523.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>75042777
i know, i just checked it

...like i checked those damn trips
>>
>>75038336
maybe if you ask for know us than we would had!
>>
>>75042632
>.- Brits are incapable of talking any other civilized language cause they believe everyone should speak theirs. They will learn some shitty dialect quite willingly such as Thai, Urdu or Afghani, but rarely French or Spanish. Surely not German or Italian.

joder tio soy britanico y hablo perfectamente el castellano y el frances.

siempre nos dicen los europeanos que los britanicos no hablan bien otros idiomas pero en realidad la gente de francia,espania, y italia no puede hablar para nada idiomas extranjeros. es que europa nos envidia y es por es que cree todo el mundo que creemos que todos deben hablar el ingles
>>
>>75042893
smooth
i want your kids
>>
>>75042841
>Old French was written as spoken
Yes, mostly
But what does that have to do with anything that we are discussing?
Modern written French is full of Old and Middle French anachronisms and other stupid irregularities. Why would you keep writing the same way that you did 1000 years ago when your language has evolved beyond the point of intellegibility?
>>
>>75040687
c'est de l'humour espèce de sale connard
>>
>>75042934
Debes ser llanito, porque escribes de puta pena... Pero vamos, es verdad que es dificil generalizar.
>>
>>75038336

Unlike you and probable all native English speakers, they do know another language.

I've put a lot of effort learning, I speak 3 languages.
>>
>>75042841
>written as spoken

this is Romanian language
>>
>>75042632
> Brits are incapable of talking any other civilized language cause they believe everyone should speak theirs.

It's not even that really, it's just that we don't have any need to learn them, or to be more precise, we're never under any pressure to learn a different language.

Here in your schools you have people from an early age learning English because they're taught that it will be useful for them later in life, if they want a good job or to emigrate etc. You also usually seem to have some form of regional language, Catalan, Galician, Euskera.

In the UK and Ireland we don't have that, I had spanish classes for 7 years and didn't learn a bloody thing (I didn't learn anything in Irish class either), I think it's a combination of halfhearted teaching, since most people know unless you leave the country you won't use it, and a poorly structured teaching environment, mostly focusing on written exercises and not getting people to actually speak the language being learned.

Also unless you have Dyslexia or some other issue to give you an exemption, most students in Ireland will be forced to do Spanish, French or German classes, the languages offered depending on the school.

Just my personal observations though. I do think something similar to the language academies here in Spain would be a better system for learning languages back in Ireland.
>>
>>75041287
absolutly NOBODY here care about the english or the status of the french language in the world. This lie is fueled by dumb anglos who tell it to feel better about themselves, somehow they think it erases the centuries when we humilated them by ruling them. it doesn't.
>>
>>75042934
>im british and i speak perfect french and spanish
>we tell(?) the europeans that brits dont speak other lingos well when france spain and shitaly can't(?) speak no other lingos(?). it is europe(?) that we envy(?) and it's for what i believe(?) the world that we create(?) what all- fuck if i know

did i get it roight? :3
>>
>>75042271
they certainly thought you were a gypsy trying to con them.
>>
>>75042862
>Let me score some points by putting down my country and sucking more Moor dick
I have relatives in Spain by the way. This isn't about countries at all.
>>
The success of English is easily explained because of its simplicity, compaired to other major languages. To communicate, basic English grammar is quite simple. I believe a normal person in 1 year is capable of communicating in English quite decently.

If we stick to major western languages, then comes Spanish (1,5yrs) ) which is also quite simple; then French (3yrs) and German (4yrs) and Russian (4/5yrs) in this order.
>>
When you study French you're taught to use long sentences filled with adverbs, prepositions and stylistic figures. It's difficult to communicate like that in english
>>
>>75043216
Indeed... In french you can easily write a 20 line sentence with no fullstops. English sentences are shorter and more "telegraphic".
>>
>>75043179
Seems legit.

I have my B1 exam in spanish coming up in june, been here nearly 2 years. I have the problem though of both of my jobs needing me to speak in English all day so I don't get to practice much.
>>
>>75043090
>Europeans always tell us that British people don't speak other languages but the truth is that people in France Spain and Italy can't speak foreign languages at all. Europe envies us and it's the reason everyone believes that we believe that everyone should speak English
>>
>>75043387
thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>75043179
It has much more to do with British and American imperialism. Compare it to Latin which isn't that simple and was still widespread.
>>
>>75041884
Like any romance language ?
>>
>>75038691
>You soulder stop to critique our skills
excellent post
>>
Actually, the truth is that no one here is speaking English because of the UK, but rather American because of the US...
>>
>>75042632
>Brits are incapable of talking any other civilized language cause they believe everyone should speak theirs.
I don't see anything wrong with this
>>
>>75043510
To be fair most of the English teachers I've met have been from the UK and Ireland.

It's actually kind of strange to hear an American accent for me.

It's mostly to do with the Visa I'd say, quite a lot of the younger teachers start off as Aupairs like I did, so having to get the visa is much more of an investment.
>>
>>75043595
youre in europe
but anywhere else...
anyway, everyone here will speak with an american accent(if you get past the romanian one)
i find british to be quite wonky donky desu
>>
Obviously learning a foreign language comes down to i) needing it for work or ii) finding intelectual pleasure. I there is no need, there is no incentive.
>>
>>75043595
>>75043708

I like a lot American English accent, the British accent really disgust me some times, is like they pull the balls to can speak.
>>
>>75042992
soy ingles de londres

que errores hay con el espanol que he escrito? escribi 'por es' en vez de 'por eso' pero lo demas es mas o menos correcto, no? llevo un anio en espania y me entienden bien los espanioles

pero si, hablo mejor el frances que el espanol porque el frances es el idioma que estudie durante 12 anios en la esquela
>>
>>75043766
>Speak with anglo accent

I only speak with french accent whe I speak english
>>
>>75043708
>>75043766
To be honest the 'British Accent' doesn't really have a standard, it's very different depending on whether you're Northern English, Southern English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish or from the Republic of Ireland.

I think when most people hear 'British Accent' what they think is the London accent, which I personally don't like much but it's an easy accent to follow which makes it a good one for language teachers.
>>
File: hmm.gif (623KB, 255x184px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
623KB, 255x184px
>>75042934
>perfectamente

>europeanos*
>pueden* hablar
>por es*
>ni una puta tilde
>>
>>75043797

Es broma hombre. Que aquí hay mucho cachondeo. Lo importante y esencial es poder comunicarse, no escribir como un nativo. Enhorabuena y sigue trabajando.

Pero, por favor... utiliza la Ñ, que sino pareces catalán !!!!
>>
>>75038336
I guess you could say they give up on learning English
>>
>>75043953

Joder, no soy el anon pero normalamente los ordenadores de nosotros no tiene este letra. Es una mierda.
>>
>>75041676
>guey

You blew it
>>
>>75043595
which is ridiculous because the irish and most english accents sound very strange and are not what an english learner should be learning. English teachers should be American or speak RP English.
>>
French are very arrogant when it comes to their language. Unless you speak very well, they are very intolerant and would rather not listen to you "slaughtering" their language. I guess it has to do with pride.

The reality is that French, despite its "grandeur", has so many english words, its hard not to notice. They actually say "weekend" !!!
>>
>>75041676
Thats closer to reality than you might think mon ami.

Today, an old guy asked me about our parking. I told him his car was too big for our small parking.

He asked me if I parked my car there, I told him that I do park my car there but I drive a Seat Ibiza, which is a small car, and he had a Citroen C5.

Then he asked me if all Spaniards buy Seat cars, and he also said that we shouldnt do so because Seat belongs to the Germans.
>>
>>75044106
Depends, I come from the North East of the Republic which has a pretty easy accent and my accent even for there is pretty neutral, there was one teacher I can remember with a really thick Kerry accent though, god, even in Ireland we struggle to understand people from Kerry.

Plus the US has some pretty tough accents too.
>>
I expected more people to speak English when I went to Paris. And the people who did speak English seemed disgusted by it. Parisians are fucking shitty snobs but don't worry France I won't judge you for it
>>
>>75043945
si refiero a "la gente" porque no seria "puede hablar"

y por es es error de tipeo
>>75043953
utilizo un teclado ingles
>>
>>75044396
"puede" es un calco semántico del inglés "can". En este caso el verbo a utilizar es "sabe".
>>
oui oui je parle le français hon hon

>qsq pas de qt copine pour me enseigner français
>>
Official thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eR6v2zcy4c
>>
>>75039057
Agreed
>>
>>75044478
Sale enculé. Tu m'as compris, pédé ?
>>
>>75044616
>Tu m'as compris, pédé ?
n-non
>>
>>75044303
Most Americans (and Canadians) speak with the same generic American accent, I can hardly tell the difference between someone from the east coast and the west coast. Sure there's a lot of slang when Americans talk amongst themselves but the accent is totally neutral and when an American is speaking clearly it's impossible to not understand them. Irish, Scottish, Australian, and rural English accents on the other hand I always have trouble with. Maybe your accent is easy for learners but I bet I would have trouble with it as a native speaker. I think the Scottish accent is pretty easy for Spaniards because they pronounce the r the same way but for English people it sounds strange.

Btw, why are there so many Irish people here in Spain? Your population is like 5 million yet I've met dozens of your countrymen here.
>>
>>75039057
Excellent post
>>
>>75039057
Horrible post
>>
>>75039057
Intelligent post.
>>
>>75044167
Why not "Fin de semaine"?
>>
>>75041794
French-speaking Jews ain't French
>>
>>75039057
Should be Greek tbqh
>>
>>75044843
We use it too
>>
>>75039057
that's what portuguese people thought back in the 70s and earlier

we were such cucks to the eternal gaul
>>
>>75044726
I've no idea man, I came out here as an Aupair for 3 months, 2 years later I'm still here.

I guess it's mostly economic? I'd like to go home, I really would, but the job market is awful. I don't make much money here, but at least I can make a life.

I will be going back to Ireland for a year to try and see if I can settle back at home, get a job etc, applied for the police but if it doesn't work I'm just going to move to Pais Vasco permanently.
>>
>>75039875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUyJ5CdqgAE
>>
>>75044726
Because the only requirement to be an ESL teacher is to have been born in the right place and it allows drifters to eke out a livelihood abroad better than they would at home.
>>
>>75044895
What? Have pride irmão, you were the only ones in Iberia that resisted them when it mattered.
>>
>>75044918
Jesus, why is the Irish job market bad? I always here that Ireland is one of the greatest countries to live in, high HDI, etc surely there must be jobs?

You're an aupair? Isn't that a female thing?
>>
>>75044986
Not true if you want to teach somewhere like Spain or Japan. You need to be qualified, preferably with a CELTA.

Any loser can get a job in China or Cambodia, but for developed countries you need to be qualified
>>
>>75044986
Are you an ESL teacher?
>>
>>75045032

The same happened here. The second language to learn until the late 70s was French.
>>
>>75042226
>but French would look retarded if it were written phonetically.
That's because french is a retarded language.
>>
>>75045035
Aupair is my main job, I also teach in an academy on the side to make a bit more money.

Yeah it's usually a female job alright but I've been doing a decent job, I tend to be much stricter in my experience than most of the girls I've seen aupairing though. Some parents like that, some don't.

Quality of life in Ireland is good but it's really difficult to find work, I can't tell you why it's so bad to be honest, mostly a lack of entry level jobs to build up experience. It's also a very expensive country to live in, a beer could cost me anywhere between 3.50-5 euro.

I'm hoping my 2 years experience teaching and aupairing will help me get past that initial barrier into the job market.

If I do come back I'm not going to be an aupair again though, it's actually a pretty rough job since you haven't got much authority so the kids don't tend to respect you much. If I come back I'm just going to stick to teaching, maybe if I can get my spanish to a good enough level I might try to get some sort of /out/ job if I can.
>>
>>75045242

where are you from?
>>
>Not true if you want to teach somewhere like Spain or Japan. You need to be qualified, preferably with a CELTA.
>Any loser can get a job in China or Cambodia, but for developed countries you need to be qualified
I'm sure that applies to the nice schools, but there is no lack of shabby, two-bit schools who will take anybody as long as he's willing to work for peanuts.

>>75045120
>Are you an ESL teacher?
Nyet. But having lived the drifter life myself for a few years I can tell you the ESL types are the worst.
>>
>>75038336
I feel like the french are really good at english, at least on /int/. Even if they were all terrible, wouldn't you be the asshole for criticizing them when they're making an effort? When you do that no one wins, because that's the only way they would be able to get better at english in the first place.
>>
>>75045188
>>75042226

Would Lustó look much worse than Lousteau? Rusó much worse than Rousseau? Volter worse than Voltaire?
>>
>>75045032
It's mostly older generations. They have this inferiority complex with the frenchies, yet they revere anything coming from there. If you speak just a few sentences of french, old people will instantly think you're highly educated.

Younger generations don't give a fuck about France.
>>
>>75045310
De aquí, de dónde voy a ser
>>
>>75045372
If you use a u to represent the -ou sound, would that mean having to use a ü to represent the regular French u? Not worth the hassle desu senpai
>>
>>75045359
Perhaps you're right, but at least from advertised job positions it seems to be the rule. There is much more competition for people getting into nicer countries.

The main issue is the visa. Why should employees sponsor you, if you're not even qualified?

>>75045393
Ah eu entendo. People think French is very sophisticated here, but obviously we never reached the levels of fluency that any European country ever did.
>>
>>75045372
Mõ ami, le frãsé ét ün lãg avec bocu d vuaiel, il fo déz acsã

>Tfw even haitian creole is prettier
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-06_18-32-59.png (135KB, 245x389px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-06_18-32-59.png
135KB, 245x389px
>>75042632

t. Venezuelan migrant
>>
>>75045563
>The main issue is the visa. Why should employees sponsor you, if you're not even qualified?

Well there you have it, britbongs and irishmen don't need a visa to stay and work here.
>>
>>75042632
lol spain isn't even a country and all of their colonies are lolcow failures
>>
>>75045886
>lol spain isn't even a country

dude...
>>
>>75045563
Funny thing is that most of these people barely speak french. As I said, it's a language for the educated people.

It's also seen as very sophisticated language here, so much that older people disregard english and think it's an ugly language.
>>
>>75045393
>Younger generations don't give a fuck about France.

Younger generations don't give a shit about anything, that's nothing new.
>>
>>75038336
because we are french ? it's notorious here that we have the worst english i think it's both bad educational system in languages and do not want
>>
>>75045393
And portuguese care about which nationality ?
>>
>>75046274
Younger generations?

Romania already answered it >>75046107
Younger people don't even care about their own country. But that's a flaw we share with most european countries nowadays.
>>
>>75038336
yes, talk english good, your comment fly like leaf in wind
>>
>>75041149
>Arabman
sound good
>>
japanese should be world language desu
>>
>>75046628
>Be me
>Be native english speaker
>Be at Judo training
>Instructor teaching in spanish
>Move names and some instruction in japanese
>Some people talking in basque
>Language overload.jpg
>>
>>75044373
>Parisians are fucking shitty snobs
that's actually what think most of the french
>>
>>75047235
I've heard that, sadly my only experience with the french has been the Parisians and I just found them very unfriendly
>>
>>75047432
it's because thay're butthurt about living in Paris with other butthurt
if you want to find good people there you need to look for students and all that stuff since they come from everywhere in France
>>
>>75047504
To be honest if I go to France again I'd rather go somewhere /out/

Preferably a woodland near a lake or river, camp for a couple nights, then maybe visit a few rural towns to try and get to experience the real culture.
>>
>>75047823
the most /out/ you can find is somewhere like Haute-Loire, you have wood river rural village and not too high mountains
even french people don't know where it is on a map
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.