[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Israel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

I have some questions to Israel anons about moving to Israel.

I bit about me.

>98% Ashkenazi Jew.
>Secular parents so I don't know any Hebrew or anything about Judaism really. I guess I'm an agnostic.
>Master degree in Electrical engineering from a good uni here.
>Worked a few years in the defense industry.
>Have saved up most of my salary, so I have some money.

Questions.

>>1. Would I do well in Israel? (Based on the info above.)

>>2. What would the integration process look like? (I suppose I have to learn Hebrew...)

>>3. Are there many high tech jobs there? (Especially in the defense industry...)

>>4. Would I have to go into the army? (I'm 26 soon turning 27.)

>>5. How cheap is housing?

>>6. What's life like in Israel? (Day-to-day.)

Thanks in advance for answering any of the questions.

/Benjamin
>>
Messed up a bit with the >>

Should look like this...

>1. Would I do well in Israel? (Based on the info above.)

>2. What would the integration process look like? (I suppose I have to learn Hebrew...)

>3. Are there many high tech jobs there? (Especially in the defense industry...)

>4. Would I have to go into the army? (I'm 26 soon turning 27.)

>5. How cheap is housing?

>6. What's life like in Israel? (Day-to-day.)
>>
>>75024981
>Worked a few years in the defense industry.
Clarification. I still work in the defense industry.
>>
>leaving a european country for a middle eastern shithole

why? i don't thnik swedes being racist against jews or something like that. is it because of muslim refugees in sweden?
>>
>>75024981
I'LL STOP YOU RIGHT THERE! IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY HALT! You do realize there's a city there where a majority of the population is women and there's been numerous case where they falsely call 911 on a male and get him arrested? Also GOD IN THE MIDDLE EAST? God come on man seriously? YOU LIVE IN SWEDEN AND WANT TO GO TO MIDDLE EAST? For fuck sake, some people. But hey, you do you.
>>
>>75025089
>is it because of muslim refugees in sweden?
Not really. I think that's going to sort itself out and it's not really a problem unless you live in the really bad parts of say Malmö. And there are much more muslims in Israel anyways.

I become more of an ethnonationalist as of late and so I have thought a bit about moving to Israel. To be with "my people".

>>75025111
Sweden is a beautiful country and I love Swedes, but I have realised more and more that I'm a Jew wherever or not I like it... and at the end of the day blood is what matters.
>>
>>75025437
>and at the end of the day blood is what matters.

No, happiness is what matters. Will you be happy moving to a new country in the middle east with a whole new language?
>>
>>75025556
>Will you be happy moving to a new country in the middle east with a whole new language?
I don't know. That cultural divide is a big reason why I hesitate.

I suppose it depends on the integration process.
>>
>>75025111
>You do realize there's a city there where a majority of the population is women and there's been numerous case where they falsely call 911 on a male and get him arrested?
cant women do this in any country? I'd expect there are legal ramifications for this anyway
>>
>>75025437
>ethnonationalist
>blood is what matters
You do know that Israel isn't only composed of Ashkenazi, and that you'll have Mizrahi, Sephardi, and Ethiopian Jewish fellow citizens if you do move, right? Do you consider all of them as your fellow race/ethnic group?
>>
>>75026031
Yeah but in this city it's like women have more power, they often get lazy and don't do chore work when the man is working. And hold men hostage, it's feminism in cancerous form.
>>
>>75026453
I would (to a quite large extent). Since there seems to be a common ancestral population. There also seems to be a common Jewish identity. Culture also matters of course.

http://www.pnas.org/content/97/12/6769

Still I would prefer to marry and have children with another Ashkenazi.
>>
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>75027099
What?
>>
>>75027126
Why come here when you live in Europe?
>>
>>75024981

Would I do well in Israel?

>Yeah the language will be trouble, and hebrew is tough, but you can get by in Tel Aviv knowing only english, your background seems good and you'll fit our naton well.

What would the integration process look like?

>You'd have to learn hebrew yeah, there are going to be people and institutions that will help you, reach out to Zionist institutions that do that kind of jobs of helping ''olim''.

Are there many high tech jobs there?

>Yes, our biggest industry is our defence industry, and high tech comes in second, would not be difficult for you to get a job in the field, if you're good enough, we're in need of great engineers.

Would I have to go into the army?

>idk, maybe, don't think so.

How cheap is housing?

>It's not, in tel aviv it is extremely expensive. it is cheaper outside of tel aviv. though travel would be annoying everyday.

What's life like in Israel?

>really good, people are usually friendly, though hot-headed. tel aviv is nice, there's a good vibe, good food and some good people, people seem to take life easily and it's pretty safe.
>>
>>75027209
Here >>75025437

Sounds like you don't like Israel. Why?

>>75027212
Thanks for the answer.

Sounds good.

BTW. Sounded like the other anon didn't think it was a good idea to move to Israel. Any reason why?
>>
>>75027536
He is understating how expensive everything is here, ESPECIALLY housing.

Get ready to buy everything at triple price and a quarter of the quality, cause gotta muh industry
>>
>>75027212
Hey everybody! its the fucking JIDF
>>
>>75027688
he's just answering the question bhai
>>
>>75027640
I see. Well the housing situation here is also shit, so I'm used to it.

I assume most of the tech jobs are in Tel Aviv?
>>
>>75027733
>Yes, our biggest industry is our defence industry, and high tech comes in second, would not be difficult for you to get a job in the field, if you're good enough, we're in need of great engineers

>we're in need of great engineers

>we're

>>75024981
you seem like a good guy OP
if you want my two cents, i think you are feeling a passing fad, instead of dedicating yourself fully from where coming back will be difficult, do this:

viisit only, check the place out
do a temp job there
>>
>kike floods country with 3rd worlders
>runs away

Like poetry
>>
>>75027879
Let me explain this to you: Israeli media always uses Sweden as an example of very cheap housing.

There are a lot of hitech jobs, but working in the defence industry without having served in the army is dificult
>>
>>75027903
Good advice. I'm going to check it out first. Although I have thought about this for quite a while now.

The single biggest issue for me now is the culture shock. Although I suspect the Ashkenazi community is a bit more European(?) (in terms of culture).

>>75028075
I know there are unfortunately a few Jews that seem to push for a lot of immigration, but I think most Jews (including myself and my family) are just normal people.

>>75028205
Well that doesn't sound promising... Are you really sure about that? The prices in the large cities are crazy right now.

>There are a lot of hitech jobs, but working in the defence industry without having served in the army is dificult
Ok. I can always go through the army if I have to. Might be good for integration too.
>>
First of all, welcome, my brother!!

Second, I highly recommend you to start studying Hebrew. Most people know English and you could manage but it would probably be very difficult and you're going to have to learn it sooner or later.
You should also start learning about Judaism, about the values, traditions, the Bible and history.

I believe, that even if you are secular, it is very important for all to know and understand their heritage and what it means to be Jewish.
>>
>>75028937

I highly recommend our Swedish diaspora friend stops reading this post after the 2nd sentence.
>>
File: road runner rule 34.png (166KB, 575x319px) Image search: [Google]
road runner rule 34.png
166KB, 575x319px
>>75028937
>>
>>75029444
>>75029559
Did you remember to like the latest hetzroni video?
koksinelim
>>
>>75028937
Sure I'm going to look into it a bit.
>>
>>75029858
Of course I did.

The professor is always right, especially about people of you complexion
>>
You can learn hebrew on duolingo
>>
>>75033260
Yes I'm going to start doing that.
>>
>>75024981
First of all I'd like to say that's life in Israel isn't easy, so if you're doing it for economical reasons - better not, Sweden is better for that.

>1. Would I do well in Israel? (Based on the info above.)
Normally yes, but your main obsticles would be lack of Hebrew, lack of service record, and lack of connections.

>2. What would the integration process look like? (I suppose I have to learn Hebrew...)
Hebrew is a must, like, really. Also you might want to consider military service.

>3. Are there many high tech jobs there? (Especially in the defense industry...)
Yes, Israel got pretty large high tech sector, both domestic companies (mostly military related) and a foreign ones (like Google and Intel)

>4. Would I have to go into the army? (I'm 26 soon turning 27.)
Afaik, after 25 you don't have too, but don't trust me on that one. But you might wanna do it regardless.

>5. How cheap is housing?
Turbo expensive. Sorry m8.

>6. What's life like in Israel? (Day-to-day.)
Like everywhere else I suppose? The main difference for you I guess that religion plays here a more major part than in Sweden.
>>
>>75025437
>"y people"
Well, going via autosomal DNA and haplogroups, you are much more likely related to the average Swede than to a middle eastern Jew. Then you can check that for yourself
>>
>>75025089
more like a romanian colony :^)
>>
>>75024981
what the point to move if you are a secular ?
>>
>>75034123
Thanks. Good post.

Would you say that the culture is markedly different in Israel (different from European culture)? (Even among say Ashkenazi Jews.) Should I except a large culture shock?

Not really doing it for economic reasons.

>>75034296
Not an expert on genetics, but I know there's some genetic "connections".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews

Although of couse there are also quite large differences. Still, at the end of the day there's a similar genetic and cultural heritage.

Anyways, not important for this thread.

>>75035277
Here >>75025437
>>
>>75035969
Israeli culture is vastly different than northern European. So yes quite a large one.
We're more similar to what you'd expect from Spain, Italy or Greece. Loud and extrovertive, but also very friendly and easy to talk to.

In my previous post I recommended you to do a service, for this reason (and other).
You'll get a shock of your life, but there's no better and faster way to integrate than this. After you will be done with it you'll pretty much be an Israeli already.
>>
>>75024981
>>
>>75037471
Ok. Yes, sounds like a good idea to go through the military.
>>
>>75034123
>after 25 you don't have to
According to the NBN website it's 28.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.