[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is history taught in your country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How is history taught in your country?
>>
>>74956400
Infrequently and poorly.
>>
Poorly until the last twos years of high school. Before high school we weren't really taught anything about history. First year of high school was ancient Egypt. Second was Aboshit. Don't remember the third and fourth except that we covered the medieval period somewhere, although very poorly. Don't remember doing anything on ancient history aside from Egypt, at least not in detail.

The worst part about history education here is that no context is provided for anything so your understanding of history becomes fragmented. e.g. when we covered the medieval period, we just went straight into shit like the three-field system, the plague and so on. Even then we didn't explore the consequences of major events like the plague on Europe and the world, just muh death and suffering. I don't really know how to explain it but basically if you didn't choose to do history in your last two years, you'd come out of high school with a few pieces of historical trivia from a few different periods of history and that's it, no deep understanding of the periods themselves of their context within the greater history of the world.
>>
>>74957064
*or their context
>>
The slave trade was one of the only bad things England has done in its entire history according to my old History teacher.
>>
by marxists and jews
>>
There is no History before 1933.
Germany started with Hitler.
>>
>>74957104
lol. "Boer concentration camps? Never happened mate haha try again sweety xx"
>>
>>74956400
they did a good job, but then again I went to a catholic school instead of a shitty public one.
>>
Teachers don't even teach here.
>>
>muh poor african slaves, we all belong to da human race, refugees welcome
>muh revolution was a good thing
>muh poor jews
>>
>>74957215
>Muh Boers
F*ck *ff
>>
inquisition, genocides, muh stolen silver and gold, intellectual and cultural repression and etc.
>>
>>74957829
t. eternal pirate

Canada is rightful burger clay cunt. apologize for 1812
>>
>>74956400
We learned absolutely nothing at school. Actually ended up doing the American Civil War twice
>>
File: 1493646188699.jpg (47KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
1493646188699.jpg
47KB, 300x281px
>>74958013
>Canada is rightful burger clay cunt
Molon labe fat f*ck, third time's a charm
>>
>>74956400
I don't about my country but where I spent most my time growing up we learned from the more specific to the less specific-- state history, then national history, then world history
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.