[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

empires ranked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: meme.png (19KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
19KB, 800x620px
thoughts, /int/?
>>
>>74858522
>Roman Empire
>Bad tier
>>
>>74858522
>The sun never sets on the Spanish Empire

Yea, shit tier.
>>
File: never4get.png (128KB, 320x899px) Image search: [Google]
never4get.png
128KB, 320x899px
>>74858522
Representing good!
>>
>>74858522
>British """Empire"""
>God tier
>>
File: Estado Novo.24_thumb[3].jpg (124KB, 604x391px) Image search: [Google]
Estado Novo.24_thumb[3].jpg
124KB, 604x391px
>>74858522
>Portugal
>not Excellent tier

>inb4 le sopa de macaco
>>
>>74858679
le sopa de macaco
>>
File: 1494810080968.png (28KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
1494810080968.png
28KB, 800x620px
>>74858522
>>
>>74858720
zitto animale
>>
>>74858756
>>74858522
Some love for Sweden ITT
>>
>>74858522
>Poland
>Germany
>Sweden
>Austria
>Portugal
>better than a literal superpower
>Netherlands
>Latvia
>Hungary

Is this bait?
>>
>>74858836
> Latvia

That's lithuania you dumbfuck and they had a huge Empire and eventually united with the Poles to form the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

> Hungary

Austro-Hungarian Empire.

> Netherlands

Cucked Portugal out of Southeast Asia and had a bunch of plantations there, settled South Africa.

Learn some fucking History.
>>
>>74858836
>Is this bait
No, you just don't know anything.
>>
>>74858522

>Greece, holder of the all time record for empire size
>Not god tier

I mean I hate modern Greeks(Turks) as much as the next guy but you've gotta give them some credit.

>Italy
>bad

These are the guys who at one point ruled most of your god tier countries
>>
>>74858836
i love Americans
>>
>>74858522
>Spanish Empire
>Shit tier
This is some butthurted bait material or what?
>>
>>74858911
I don't know much about Euro history, i'll admit that, but none of those countries were superpowers, or even out-lier superpowers, like Ottamans and the Greek.
>>
I'd bump portugal up a bit, Macao is pretty cool plus they had a nice chunk of India
>>
So is that suppoed to be the Roman empire or the Italian """""empire""""""
>>
>>74858522

Ottomans were god tier
>>
Why are you so ignorant stupidos?
Roman empire- the base of whole civilization; mediterraneans rule, covered ancient works, progression, base of modern times,renaissance ...
Ottoman Empire; ruler of 4 seas,half of mediterranean sea, from north africa to caspian sea, reached to central europe, ukraine, balkans, middle east, levantine, caucasians, anatolia and created military advancements in artilleries, navy and an alpha empire. And you claim shitty german empire, sweden and etc as good and rome, spain , ottoman as shit. Get a life, get a perspective you biggot
>>
>>74859029
The German Empire was almost a superpower in its own right. It was at least kinda close.
>>
>>74859050
I'm pretty sure it's the latter and I don't know how everyone is failing to realise this
>>
>>74859098
It didn't really have much cultural influence on countries outside of the ones it took over, so not really. That's why some people argue that superpower status didn't exist until the cold war though, because culture couldn't really spread as much before that.

Superpower is a dominant; economy, political influence, culture, and military.
>>
>>74859156
I mean, it depends on how you see it really. It's very creation unified Germany and lay the groundwork for the German state we have today.

And you're right about the super-power thing, but I think one can say that UK was the first superpower, followed by the US and the CCCP
>>
>>74859087
>ottoman empire
>ruler of four seas
As far as I know the red sea and arabian sea was ours
>>
>>74859229
Yeah, that's just something that more up to your opinion honestly.
>>
>>74859285
*Blockades almost every country in Europe at the same time*
>>
>>74859361
>tfw when actually best bros
No one ever remembers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Swedish_War_(1810–12)
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.